Home

Next-Gen Rugby League

This is a discussion on Next-Gen Rugby League within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who do you think would deliver a quality product?
2K Sports-NFL 2K5, NBA 2K... 3 33.33%
EA Sports-Madden, Fifa, TW... 4 44.44%
Natural Motion-Backbreaker, feat. GTA4, RDR... 1 11.11%
Codemasters-Jonah Lomu Rugby... 1 11.11%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2010, 03:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Next-Gen Rugby League

I thought i'd start a thread with a poll, to see who you would like or who you'd think would make the better game.

On March 19th, Sidhe will release Rugby League 3 on the wii, and from what i've seen it has the same animations from the fend to the tackling, from the previous titles.

From what i've read on their site, it's not their decision when and how they can make the game, which is sad, but this is where 'big-name' companies could step in.

Anyway, my pick if I had the choice would go to 2K sports. Their success with past NFL titles, current success with their basketball title and VC by their side can only mean more success making a RL title since they won't have the NFL license for a few years to come.

Please vote and leave a comment abotu your choice, thanks.

Last edited by eye guy; 02-17-2010 at 03:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2010, 06:53 AM   #2
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Next-Gen Rugby League

Even though I'd be happy with any next gen rugby game. I'd have to go with EA seeing as though they've made the best rugby type game to date.

Let's hope they capitalize on the 2011 World Cup and release a next gen game.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

As much as i'd like to see another Rugby game, I really don't want to see another rugby game from EA. Don't get me wrong, FNR4 is an amzing game, so too is Street: Homecourt (they do so many things right in that game, that EA still won't add to Live), but EA have let me down over and over again.

To this day, friends and I still rock Lomu. The graphics aren't that great, in fact probably too pixelated for a mention, but the fluid gameplay has still not been matched, not even by EA. The one thing I give to EA are the set plays.

Note: I started a thread like this on another forum, but someone said the market was too small for a company like EA, 2K etc etc to make a game. But League is growing at a steady rate globally, and any company who would take the time to understand the sport, would make the better game.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:56 AM   #4
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

I loved Lomu rugby. Me and my bros use to spend countless hours playing it. We usually had a tri-nations tourney everyday and I remember playing with team Jonah and the Codemasters, I think with Mathers haha. Good times.

I agree it was a great game with offloads, bunts and up n unders. It did so many things right and the commentary was awesome as well but I'd still choose EA. IMO, rugby 06/08 are better than Jonah Lomu.

Would be cool if they released Jonah Lomu rugby as an arcade game on the 360.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:44 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

I dunno about rugby league, but man would I LOVE to see a new rugby union game come out for ps3/xbox360.

As I mentioned in another thread, if they had something like a union manager mode where you could control all the different teams in a certain rugby union, all the way up to the national side and select the players for each team (i.e. taranaki, hurricanes, all blacks), and play through say, 20 years of that with world cups and so on... oh my gosh, I'd pay 60 bucks for that RIGHT NOW.

#GoPackGo
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »