Home

Old 09-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
PC Games

I've had to get rid of my PS3 and XBOX 360 & i'm limited to PC gaming for now. I'm looking for suggestions. I'm not much of a RPG guy. I'm a sports gamer. Can anyone suggest some good sports PC games for me? Do they exist? Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: PC Games

For baseball, MVP 2005 w/ conversion and add-ons. You probably won't find a copy for under $40, but that's better than paying what you would for the craptastic 2k game. Use www.mlbmods.com for the main 08 Total Conversion. Then look for other add-ons that you want. PM me if you want more info.

For hockey, NHL 2004 with the amazing modifications they've done as well. Check out Randy's site for full information: http://z6.invisionfree.com/flyermania/index.php?act=idx

For football, though I'm not a big Madden fan..... I'd say the last Madden they made for the PC ... Madden 08.

Can't speak to basketball, but when I asked earlier a lot of guys said NBA Live 05 for a lower end PC. They have some great mods for that as well. Don't know how the 2K games play on the PC.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

If you would want to try a text based game....take a look at bowl bound college football, a very deep game. Lots of other type leagues online. Also take a look at pigskin empire...a free college/pro game against other people.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #4
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

MVP Baseball 05 as said is the premier baseball game. Modders do a great job supporting it with all sorts of patches, rosters, etc. Expect to pay a premium for a copy of the game though.

NBA Live was very mod friendly too back in the day. I'm sure you can find a copy of one of those games on eBay for cheap.

I have MLB 2k9 and it was an okay game with decent modding support.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Football freaks has released their FF11 Madden mod for Madden 08. It updates the roster completely( with a practice squad) the Logo's, uniforms, etc...etc, and the full correct schedule for this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2010, 10:10 PM   #6
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Since I last posted I had a chance to mess with NBA 2K10 using the 03 roster mod. It's amazing. I don't have things down as of yet, but it's understandable why it gets raved about and why guys are saying even more about k11. If more 80's throwback seasons become available, I'll be diving into that. It definitely makes you wonder what the modding community would have done with APF in a PC version. Could have been sick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »