Home

Old 08-15-2013, 01:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
A shame

After being excited watching the Great Videos on BB I got it tonite for $13.
Very disappointed.. The Grafics are Great and post patch the replay is better. But Im one who just likes to make rosters and let the games play CPu vs CPu.. ofcourse with BB you cant.. I was hoping to even just play as an Olineman.. cant.. So Im hoping to get atleast a $5 trade in value for Some game.. Sad..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Rookie

dcal's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: A shame

The real shame is that Natural Motion quit after one try. I would like to see how much more they could do with the Next Gen systems higher IPC, which would clear some of the processing hurdles they dealt with on the Current Gen with their complex physics engine.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
MVP

Just played this again, wasnt a huge fan when this first came out but-

truthfully, this game was 1-2 versions away from being a viable competitor to Madden. This game as is needed a few things

1. different camera angles

2. commentary/presentation- which would include players on the sidelines etc. players coming in and out when switching packages etc. no game has yet to do this. but I believe they would have done this based on their true sim approach.

3. a few more customization options.

The game has a franchise mode already. penalties work. it was great to see flags thrown on obvious pass interferences,

the pace was definitely sim. The running game takes patience as does the passing game.
speaking of passing games. best control scheme on this gen. and I also noticed that EA 25's run free took a page out of BB's running control scheme also.

the kicking game was also pretty nice.

I have a modded nfl file with the team names and logos but would like one with actual nfl players also
Old 09-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal
The real shame is that Natural Motion quit after one try. I would like to see how much more they could do with the Next Gen systems higher IPC, which would clear some of the processing hurdles they dealt with on the Current Gen with their complex physics engine.
You can't blame them for quitting a project that was losing money.

The real shame is that not enough people bought the game for Natural Motion to continue putting money into Backbreaker.

Football fans love to complain about Madden and NCAA games, but they never seem to support any of the products that offer alternatives.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #5
Rookie

dcal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

The real shame is that not enough people bought the game for Natural Motion to continue putting money into Backbreaker.

Football fans love to complain about Madden and NCAA games, but they never seem to support any of the products that offer alternatives.
Very true. I was a die hard BB supporter that bought two copies of the game. I still hold out hope that NM will give it a go on Next Gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
Rookie

cwash020's Arena

OVR: 15

You know...I go back and forth with this game. I have rented several times and my emotions range from loving it to wanting to beat it into submission. However, I played the demo again last night just because I am growing tired of the EA alternatives and I have to say I truly enjoyed the experience.

Maybe it was because it was something different, or maybe it's because it plays better pre-patch. Nevertheless, I am going to rent from GF and buy it from them for cheap just to have my fball fix.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:43 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwash020
You know...I go back and forth with this game. I have rented several times and my emotions range from loving it to wanting to beat it into submission. However, I played the demo again last night just because I am growing tired of the EA alternatives and I have to say I truly enjoyed the experience.

Maybe it was because it was something different, or maybe it's because it plays better pre-patch. Nevertheless, I am going to rent from GF and buy it from them for cheap just to have my fball fix.
you should buy it for like $5-$10 if you can... The demo does a horrible job balancing play calls and situation...and just does a bad job representing the true game.

since it is 2min QTRs, the Computer plays the game all wonky.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #8
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

Yeah, according to Vgchartz.com they only sold about 300,000 copies of this game for ps3 and x360 combined. I actually think that's pretty damn good from a total number of sells point of view when you consider that no one had ever heard of Natural Motion before BackBreaker was released.

However, that was not enough to turn a profit. They lost money on this game. I think that camera angle in the game cost them a lot of sales.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »