Home

Meet the Mets (MLB 12 The Show)

This is a discussion on Meet the Mets (MLB 12 The Show) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
Rookie

DarkOutFront's Arena

OVR: 11
Meet the Mets (MLB 12 The Show)

Mets GM Sandy Alderson Steps Down
March 1st, 2012
Dave Anderson, New York Times

New York Mets GM Sandy Alderson has decided after one full season with the Mets that nothing can be done to fix the team often known as the New York Mess.

The new General Manager has been announced and is a 21 year old High School Dropout. His name is Victor Drew. Not much is known about Victor Drew's past but he did pass the MLB's "extensive" background check.

With just two days until the Mets first Spring Training game against the Baltimore Orioles, no one is sure of who is going to be on the roster and eligible to play. Neither Sandy Alderson or Victor Drew were able to be reached for comments on this sudden news.

Victor Drew's View:
A 21 year old High School Dropout...? I actually dropped out of Middle School, get your facts right. Incase you have not figured out yet, my name is Victor Drew but I feel no need to tell you anything about myself right now. All you need to know is I got put into a pretty rough position here by Mets Owner Fred Wilpon, and long story short, I am the new General Manager of the New York Mets, and I need to make the Mets a respectable ball club. The first thing I gotta do is trade Jason Bay and smoke some joints... Peace
San Antonio Spurs
D.C United
West Ham United

Twitter - @DarkOutFront
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
Rookie

DarkOutFront's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Meet the Mets (MLB 12 The Show)

Mets Manager Terry Collins: Mr. Victor Drew, I would like to introduce myself, my name is Terry Collins and I am the
Victor Drew: Shut up I know who you are. I do respect you because you were able to field this team of minor leaguers to 77 wins. Impressive. But, this year, if you don't lead this team to the playoffs I am firing you.
Terry Collins: Are you serious?
Victor Drew: Yeah now get out of here, I have more important things to deal with right now.
Terry: But...
Victor Drew: GET OUT OF HERE GRANDPA

Victor Drew's View:
I might regret firing him at the end of the season, but if he isn't confidently saying we will win big like Rex Ryan does, why the hell would I want him managing my club? Now I'm going to call a meeting with some of the players and see who they think I should have on the spring training roster.

Victor Drew: Hey boys, and Dickey,

R.A Dickey: What?

Victor Drew: Umm, Hey boys, i just wanted to call all of you guys in and ask if any of you had any ideas as to who I should have on the spring training roster besides the obvious choices which are all of you.

Vinny Rotino: I was an obvious choice?

Victor Drew: Oh whoops I forgot about you. I called you in to tell you that you have been released. The door is that way.

Victor Drew: Anyway, lets start with pitchers who do you guys think we should have up.

David Wright: I would say we should have Mike Pelfrey, Chris Young, Jon Niese and Dillion Gee for sure competing for Starting pitching spots 3-5.

Victor Drew: Okay, So how about the bullpen...

Ike Davis: We definitely need Frank out there closing games for us. After that it seems like the bullpen will be the usually cast of has been's like Jon Rauch and Miguel Batista, and career minor leaguers like Garret Olson and Chuck James. We could also have Ramon Ramirez, Tim Byrdak, Manny Acosta, Bobby Parnell, Pedro Beato and other sub par MLB arms out there.

Victor Drew: I guess the bullpen sounds just as bad as usual. What prospect pitchers do you think could play in the majors this season if they get the chance.

Johan Santana: Matt Harvey and Zack Wheeler are two young arms who have tremendous potential. We could give them a shot in spring training along with Jeurys Familia, Jenrry Mejia, and Armando Rodriguez.

Victor Drew: That sounds pretty solid to me. Lets talk about catchers now, I know we got Josh Thole but who else is there.

Johan Santana: We got Mike Nickeas and Rob Johnson. No one else is close to MLB ready in the minors.

Victor Drew: How about infielders? Who do we got besides Ike, Dan Murphy, Ruben Tejada, Ronny Cedeno and David.

Ike Davis: At first we got me and former first round pick from the Padres Allan Dykstra who is likely to never be a big contributor hitting home runs like I do, but can play the corner outfield positions and is an average hitter.At second base we got some decent depth with Jordany Valdespin, Reese Havens, Justin Turner, and Josh Satin.

Victor Drew: How about short and third?

David Wright: At third its me, Wilmer Flores and Zach Lutz. So pretty much if I go down, the team is going to be even worse then it already is. At shortstop it is also a bunch of career minor leaguers who will never make it unless of an injury. We will be set with Ruben and Ronny.

Victor Drew: How about the outfield?

R.A Dickey: Well in the outfield we got Bay, Hairston, Torres and Duda as the only outfielders who have done anything in the MLB ever. We have a rising Kirk Nieuwenhuis and our 1st round pick from last year in Brandon Nimmo, but he is only 18. We also have Mike Baxter and had Vinny Rottino.

Victor Drew: And thats our team?

Johan, David, Ike, R.A: Yes it is.

Victor: We are screwed.

Victor Drew's View:
All of their info was actually a tiny bit helpful. I just realized how screwed I am because of what will happen to me if Wilpon thinks I'm doing a bad job, and with this team 65 wins would be a good job. Hopefully some players come from out of nowhere and have great seasons for me, then I could keep my job and never think about what happened August 27th, 2011 ever again. More about that some other time. I'm going to sleep, see if I have any dreams about certain players, then making my spring training roster... Hasta Luego.
San Antonio Spurs
D.C United
West Ham United

Twitter - @DarkOutFront

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »