Home

A Rough Road Ahead | A Houston Astros Franchise

This is a discussion on A Rough Road Ahead | A Houston Astros Franchise within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
Rookie

nascar163's Arena

OVR: 4
A Rough Road Ahead | A Houston Astros Franchise

Hello and welcome to my Dynasty page for what I consider one of the top franchises that no one knows about on YouTube, featuring the Houston Astros. At this point, I'm one of those YouTubers that are more into doing a realistic Franchise or Dynasty rather than abuse the CPU in MyCareer with a 99 Overall. During the past couple of weeks, I have been thinking about bringing in a more 'in-depth' experience to each episode to the Dynasty HQ, not only posting the video, but also giving a written passage about anything, such as the game itself, the other teams involved in the episode, and more. It might take awhile to actually get extremely good with this format on here, but I hope it brings some interest.

As for the Houston Astros... where do I begin? The Astros are the WORST team in Baseball, both in the game and in real life. Their record as of May 25 is an awful 14-34, which just drives me nuts. The team has some talent in terms of youth, but this team hasn't been able to seal any games down the stretch. They don't have the power on the team to hit home runs, nor do they pitch well enough to win.

In terms of this franchise, the Astros are going to have a long road ahead of them. Under my rules for every Franchise I do, I never trade at all during the first month of the year. Even if the team is 0-30 in the first month, I don't make any moves until May 1. That should be when the Astros start shuffling the cards on trades. I will be playing every 6-7 Games, as seen in the videos, using a broadcast-style commentary. It will be the same every episode, so watch out.

Anyway, the first post should be up very shortly, so hopefully this all works out.

“Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything.” – Larry Csonka, Pro Football Hall of Famer, Class of 1987.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
Rookie

nascar163's Arena

Re: A Rough Road Ahead | A Houston Astros Franchise

Game 1: Opening Day - Texas Rangers VS Houston Astros

Astros Have a Rough Opening Day, Lose 10-2

The Houston Astros got destroyed on Opening Day at Minute Maid Park, as the packed crowd was not pleased at all. The pitching matchup for the game was Bud Norris and Yu Darvish, an interesting one to say the least. It was obvious Yu Darvish would create some problems for the Astros. As for Bud Norris, he was not ready to play at all.

In the top of the First Inning, the Rangers jumped on top of the Astros, and never looked back. Adrian Beltre would hit a home run off the facing of left field to start a huge rally, leading to Lance Berkman hitting another 2-Run Homer to left to put the Rangers up 3-0. As for Yu Darvish, he had a perfect game going through 2.1 innings until it was finally broken up by Fernando Martinez. The Astros struggled to get anything going on offense, only raking up one hit through four innings. Texas would score in the second and fourth to make it 7-0 before skipping all the way to the end, losing 10-2 on a great day by Darvish.

“Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything.” – Larry Csonka, Pro Football Hall of Famer, Class of 1987.

Last edited by nascar163; 05-25-2013 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Video Didn't Show Up Due to Coding Error
Old 05-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
Rookie

nascar163's Arena

Game 7: Seattle Mariners VS Houston Astros

Another Rough Day For The Astros, Lose 6-0

Once again the Houston Astros struggled to get any hits going in a series, as they were facing the Seattle Mariners on the road at Safeco Park. Houston came in at a 2-4 Record, looking to create a spark against Hisashi Iwakuma, the 32 year old stud from Japan. The Astros sent Phillip Humber to the mound, a man with a Perfect Game under his belt from his days with the White Sox. Overall, it was expected to be a great pitching matchup.

The Astros started off the day raking up only one hit by Jose Altuve on the infield single, but couldn't bring him in to score. Both sides were struggling to get any offense going through two innings, but Phillip Humber began to have a meltdown in the third, plucking Dustin Ackley, then allowed Endy Chavez to cream a ball off the right field wall to put both men in scoring position. The runs would start piling in, as Mike Morse and Kendrys Morales would bring in runs. The Mariners put the exclamation point on the inning, as Raul Ibanez would hit a homer into right field to make it 4-0. Iwakuma would end up cruising through the game easily, striking out 15 on a full game, two hit shutout. Overall, it was another ugly one for the Astros.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Looking forward to how this plays out. In my Astros 'chise that I'm running on here, I took the road of being a super-duper active GM and made a few preseason trades to make the team more fun to play for me. If it weren't for guys like Altuve, Harrell, Cosart, Singleton, Carter, and Wallace--it might even be tough to tell what team I was using without being told.

It'll be interesting how you do basically with the stock rosters and also interesting to see who emerges for you as players you play well with. Good luck!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
Rookie

nascar163's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Looking forward to how this plays out. In my Astros 'chise that I'm running on here, I took the road of being a super-duper active GM and made a few preseason trades to make the team more fun to play for me. If it weren't for guys like Altuve, Harrell, Cosart, Singleton, Carter, and Wallace--it might even be tough to tell what team I was using without being told.

It'll be interesting how you do basically with the stock rosters and also interesting to see who emerges for you as players you play well with. Good luck!
Thanks, I'm trying to get the Astros to at least be above .500. I'm thinking about a few moves to attempt come May, but it might be harder due to their trade stocks being so low.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

"This heres a fly ball and OH MY GOODNESS!!!" Your reactions are priceless my man keep up the good work. Definitely following this unique franchise
Old 06-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
Rookie

nascar163's Arena

Sorry about taking a break from the thread for so long, decided to upgrade my equipment by getting a new mic (Didn’t work out...), a Pop Filter and a new mic stand. This should help improve the quality of each Astros video I put in here and my write-ups.

(I’m skipping ahead a bit since I haven’t posted in so long. It would be better for the write-ups if it’s fresh in my mind.)

Game 27: Houston Astros @ New York Yankees – The Bronx Bombers Wake Up at Home, Destroy Astros 9-0

It was a really tough day for the Houston Astros, as it was looking like they could sneak a second win in the series against the Yankees. It was a pitching duel to start in this game, with David Phelps striking out three straight after allowing an opening pitch single. Phillip Humber would answer back to strike out three straight of his own on only ten pitches, showing all the signs it could be a long game for both sides.

The Astros would get their first drawn walk on the day, only for Carlos Pena to hit into a double play to blow any chances to get a man into scoring position. Dominguez would get on base on an Error by Nunez, and then move to second on a dirt pitch. The Astros would strand him though as J.D. Martinez would strike out to end the top of the second. Humber would make the first mistake of the game as Curtis Granderson would hit his Yankee-Leading ninth homer of 2013, giving them a 1-0 Lead. Thanks to a walk, a single, and a fielding error, the bases were loaded with Jayson Nix up at the plate. Humber would strike him and Ichiro out to end off the inning with only one run allowed.

The game would be blown wide open though for Humber, as he would fall apart in the third. Mark Teixeira would get on base with a walk, then Altuve would not turn the double play and keep men on both first and second. Alex Rodriguez would hit a single into left to load the bases for the second straight inning with only one out. And it got even worse for Humber. He would walk in two more runs to make it 3-0 after three. Humber overall would only last four innings after throwing over one-hundred pitches. Brad Peacock would come in, coming off his first career start where he walked five and brought in seven runs with only one out in the first inning (You can see where this is going).

Vernon Wells would hit a double into the gap, and then a major fielding error by the Shortstop would bring in another run. And the sixth inning was the nail in the coffin, as Peacock would allow two more runs, ending off his night with a three-run shot by Wells to make it 9-0.

Despite being tired the whole game, Phelps would go on a Complete Game Shutout, with three straight innings of a zero energy bar and weak contact every time by the Astros. They would only string in six hits, while the Bronx Bombers had two homers and eleven hits.

The ‘No Trading in the First Month’ Rule no longer applies, so the GM for the Astros is calling for some huge moves for big prospects that could play instantly in the majors.

(Yes I know I need better graphics for these posts, not used to posting in the Dynasty HQ.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »