Home

Defending against online body spammers?

This is a discussion on Defending against online body spammers? within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Defending against online body spammers?

Anyone have a good remedy for destroying these heathenistic bastards lol?
I love a good sim style match, and suprisingly I've run across many great random matches.

Some of these guys though, sheesh. Its ****in nuts man. I actually can beat some of em, but there are others that seem to have perfected this blasphemous technique and you cant do **** about it.

I'm probably 50/50 against this type of player, I want 100 against em period, just to show the flaws in their ways lol.

Been trying to formulate a gauranteed counter for the last couple days. Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #2

OVR: 34
Re: Defending against online body spammers?

I played the game for a year and a half and never could defeat them. In fact, this known issue accentuates several problems we have spoken of here in the past. You can't jab, you can't block and you can't use your feet to move around. Finally, their stamina barely takes a hit.

But this is what these guys do. There's a guy named FullMetal. He was consistently at he top ten in FN4. Fast forward to EA MMA and guess who's on the top of the leaderboards? Fullmetal. These guys find the exploit and run with it to get as many wins as possible.

I will never know why they do it really. I mean, what's the incentive? You go in there with no intention of representing the sport and exploit the game to get your win. I have no idea except that maybe it's because they have a very small penis.

Last edited by DaveDQ; 12-21-2010 at 09:50 AM. Reason: their and there
Old 12-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
Banned

Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I played the game for a year and a half and never could defeat them. In fact, this known issue accentuates several problems we have spoken of here in the past. You can't jab, you can't block and you can't use your feet to move around. Finally, their stamina barely takes a hit.

But this is what these guys do. There's a guy named FullMetal. He was consistently at he top ten in FN4. Fast forward to EA MMA and guess who's on the top of the leaderboards? Fullmetal. These guys find the exploit and run with it to get as many wins as possible.

I will never know why they do it really. I mean, what's the incentive? You go in there with no intention of representing the sport and exploit the game to get your win. I have no idea except that maybe it's because they have a very small penis.
41 hits and 1 response huh? I figure the other 40 guys who looked at this post are exactly who I'm talking about. Yea, I have a bag of tricks for ya bastards too lol.

Anyway, yea it most definitely is something psychological. We have completely different mindsets. I'm sure it sounds strange, but I'm actually not playing to win at all cost. Its kinda like I'm playing for the look and feel of the match. If I win great, if not ok I'll try the next match.

I enjoy more of a challenge when I play these titles, exploits make it entirely too easy.

Another thing I'm not fond of is the superman sterioded up CAB boxers. No knock on anyone that creates CABs, but I tend to keep my CABs in the realm of reality. They usually have a deficiency in one or two areas. That, combined with the body punching fool is a lethal combination, lol.

Oh, and my rant isn't complete just yet. Does anyone play anything but Heavyweight, sheeshly? Use anyone but Marvin Hagler or some other super high rated boxer? I could use a good light weight match with gamboa and the like.

I pose a challenge to you all. Lets go with the lowest rated boxer, pound for exact pound and see who's really good at this ****. Bet on.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

i gave up trying to defend them. I stopped playing online months ago.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
i gave up trying to defend them. I stopped playing online months ago.
There's something weird that I've noticed about online though. There are certain hour blocks that contain certain players. I haven't actually pinpointed the time yet (I currently live in japan so my schedules completely different) but I've played the game for a good 1 hour straight and ran into nothing but random sim style players.

Then another time block will contain the blasphemous body spammers attacking me relentlessly with absolutely no sim heads to speak of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 09:55 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Wow I've noticed this too! Not so much a particular time but I'll play for awhile & every opponent backs up & counters. No agression at all. Another time everybody overwhelms me with body punches. Sometimes I get all rookies. I always think "Man is everybody fighting like this now?"
Old 12-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

I ended up giving up on online play for the same reason. It's one thing if they mix up body punches with combos and box at a realistic pace. But when they initially run right at you and just throw absolutely nothing but body punches it gets old. I've backed up to create space and circled around but it just makes for an experience that's not fun at all.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

After playing Champion. There is no way I could go back to FN4. Main reason is the "fear factor". In RD4, you never had to worry about that one big punch KOing you completely ending the fight. All fighters had to be knocked down multiple times, so all fights ended in the same manner. So these body spammers never have anything to fear. They can't catch a clean punch that ends the fight.

The beauty of FNC from what I played. If someone just runs in throwing, well they will be on the canvas seeing the sky pretty quick. Using no strategy and not fighting to your fighters strengths would impact the fight in a HUGE manner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »