Home

Can EA educate the Fight Night fans about boxing through Fight Night?

This is a discussion on Can EA educate the Fight Night fans about boxing through Fight Night? within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 39
Can EA educate the Fight Night fans about boxing through Fight Night?

I say yes, if that is their overall goal. They need to make a game that represents boxing fully. Does Fight Night Champion do this? No! I must say the game is taking steps in the right direction. How big of a step I will keep to myself; for now!

In the words of Mack Mittenz......

Make Boxing!
GIFSoup

that's all we want nothing more nothing less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can EA educate the Fight Night fans about boxing through Fight Night?

Another Whiner, they never cease to amaze me lol
Old 02-10-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernut
Another Whiner, they never cease to amaze me lol
I'm a whiner,huh? What have you done for the Fight Night Community? I'm a respected member in the Fight Night Community(Fight Night Community Leader) so to call me a whiner is stupid.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Shak, I think he was just bustin ur balls man. He wasn't serious I dont suppose lol.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #5
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

Thanks for bringing a lot of discussion with your "whiner" comment. Shows your damn ignorance to come at SHAKYR / POETIC, if it wasn't for his persistance and thoughtful discussion I doubt we would seen a lot of the improvements that I am enjoying in FNC.

Here at OS he pretty much kept the OS Boxing Forum alive while it's been on life support since the "productive" members like yourself had even forgot that the Fight Night series existed. I know for certain that the Fight Night devs have taken notice of a lot of helpful ideas and criticisms he has brought to the table in the last year and a half in particular.

good job SHAKYR, the real fans of the series recognize what your doing, thanx brother!

back on-topic, I think there is an opportunity to teach in all sports games that unfortunately usually isnt taken. Honestly it seems like the Fight Night devs already have too much on their plates right now to devote any resources to doing this correctly. I'd much rather see them focusing on getting all the core mechanics of the sweet science into the game and also focusing on the details that could really elevate the atmosphere and experience of the game first. Teaching can be put on the backburner or we can luck out and find the Fight Night version of Da Czar to school the community.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #6
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
Thanks for bringing a lot of discussion with your "whiner" comment. Shows your damn ignorance to come at SHAKYR / POETIC, if it wasn't for his persistance and thoughtful discussion I doubt we would seen a lot of the improvements that I am enjoying in FNC.

Here at OS he pretty much kept the OS Boxing Forum alive while it's been on life support since the "productive" members like yourself had even forgot that the Fight Night series existed. I know for certain that the Fight Night devs have taken notice of a lot of helpful ideas and criticisms he has brought to the table in the last year and a half in particular.

good job SHAKYR, the real fans of the series recognize what your doing, thanx brother!

back on-topic, I think there is an opportunity to teach in all sports games that unfortunately usually isnt taken. Honestly it seems like the Fight Night devs already have too much on their plates right now to devote any resources to doing this correctly. I'd much rather see them focusing on getting all the core mechanics of the sweet science into the game and also focusing on the details that could really elevate the atmosphere and experience of the game first. Teaching can be put on the backburner or we can luck out and find the Fight Night version of Da Czar to school the community.
I second this. I feel exactly the same way you do Shakyr. I'm just too lazy to put the effort you put into this. So much props to you.

And for those that do not know; EA dedicated an FNC xbox achievement to my man Shakyr aka Poeticdrink so for that
Old 02-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #7
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
I second this. I feel exactly the same way you do Shakyr. I'm just too lazy to put the effort you put into this. So much props to you.

And for those that do not know; EA dedicated an FNC xbox achievement to my man Shakyr aka Poeticdrink so for that
SteelerNut, Shak forgot more about boxing than most of us know.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18

When Madden football was first created, John Madden thought it should be used as a teaching tool-football simulator of sorts.

I believe they should create this game as realistic as possible and introduce the game with a tutorial for boxing casuals and a more in-depth game manuals. I think to many developers think we are not bright enough to handle a challenge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »