Home

Tips legacy mode offline

This is a discussion on Tips legacy mode offline within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2011, 04:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Tips legacy mode offline

I have started a new boxer in legacy mode, pro level, and in my first 8 fight I won 4 and lost 4, won-lost-lost-won-lost-won-won-lost, all decision, but in my 8. fight a got a heavy beating by a outside puncher type, my boxer was now ranked 45 - it was pretty bad!!

But after that I began to master some of the mini games/traningsessions and in my next 4 fights I won all on KO, my last fight was very close match my boxer led by one point after 7 rounds, and got the KO in the 10. round, so year 2013 was a good season with a record 4-0 and 4 KO :-)

My boxer have right now OVR = 87 after 12 fights and Ranked 33.

I found out that I needed to be champion in at least one traning session, so I get a good allround boost - I have been using most of the times "open sparring" and "close the window" session ( I think the session was called). I have learned to be champion in 3 diffent traning sessions.

My Traning camp look like this:
Week 1 - Spar
Week 2 - Rest
Week 3 - Spar
Week 4 - Rest

Last edited by clrdk; 03-17-2011 at 05:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 03:24 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Tips legacy mode offline

I had two more fights last night with two more KO, one in the 10. against a ranked 27 and one in the 7. round against a ranked 28.

So my record is now 10-4-0 with 6 KO, but my boxer is only ranked 30

My boxer is now OVR = 90

so in the two training camp between the two fight I had almost the same result
week 1 traning = contenter
week 2 rest
week 3 traning = champion
week 4 rest
Old 03-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
Rookie

I had finally time to play some more Fight Night Champion

My boxer name is Tom “ICEMAN” Sullivan

In the next couple of fights I tried to find Sullivan boxing style, I found out that I was very poor to moving his head, so I used his jab and tried to keep his distance and scored enough point to win the rounds.

I also very careful with his stamina and never started a dogfight, but tried to move around and use his jab, and step to one side and use combos, and use power punch if my opponent tried to get inside, if the timing was right my opponent will get stunned

Sullivans next 3 fights, he won them all on KO in the late rounds, the next 4 weeks training camp, I accepted a EVENT with one of the champions and Sullivan had a perfect sparring and got 1200 XP point, in open sparring Sullivan got 800 XP point = total 2000 XP Point for 4 weeks training – not bad :-), I will not try to accept a EVENT in the first and last week during training camp, these two weeks is for rest

Sullivan also won the next fight on KO and was now ranked 19 with a record 14-4 with 10 KO.

The 19. fight was also Sullivan first ESPN FIGHT Night match, it was against Miguel Cotto , ranked 16, he was now on his way down the ranking after a couple of losses.
Sullivan started very good and Cotto got stunned in the 2. round, but got over it, after the 3. round Cotto left eye was closed, but Cotto was a warrior and came back, but in the 9. Round Cotto got knock down 3 times before he finally got sent to sleep.

Sullivan was now a Contender on the legacy ladder.

Sullivan last fight was against a boxer ranked 13 and it was a very close fight going into the 7. round, where Sullivan knock down his opponent twice and in the 10. round he close the show with a new KO.

Tom “ICEMAN” Sullivan record is now 16-4 with 12 KO and he is now ranked 8.

When I scheduled the next fight I look at the injury period, after Sullivan last fight the injury period was 10 weeks, so he need at least 14 weeks for Sullivan to get ready for his next fight
Old 03-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 24

Excellent work dude!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:25 AM   #5
Rookie

Thanks!

My main focus with the earned XP Point is

1. Jab
2. Chin
3. Straight
4. Blocking
5. Heart
6. Combination

Although I expect that all my fights going all the way, my boxer have won the last 12 fights all on KO after the 7. round
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2011, 07:57 AM   #6
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

If you use the jab and straight mostly, try a counter puncher. XP is cheap on everything except body punches and head hooks. Chin, haed movement, block, heart, and combos are are cheap as well as the jab/straight. After one fight with decent traing you could have a jab/straight/uppercut @ 7-10 easy.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
If you use the jab and straight mostly, try a counter puncher. XP is cheap on everything except body punches and head hooks. Chin, haed movement, block, heart, and combos are are cheap as well as the jab/straight. After one fight with decent traing you could have a jab/straight/uppercut @ 7-10 easy.
Okay, thanks

In total I have only played these 20 fights in legacy mode/pro, so I am learning during every fight.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:26 AM   #8
Rookie

Last night I tried the new patch offline (I am only playing offline) and I had to say that I like the game more before the patch, so I uninstalled the patch and had two more great fights.

The first one I won on point after I have my opponent knock down in 9. and 10. round. But in Sullivan last fight, against Victor Ortiz ranked 7, he got in big trouble, lost the first 3 rounds and was behind 65-68 after the 7. round, but Sullivan came back and knock down his opponent in the 10. round and won 10.round 10-8, and Sullivan got home with a draw.

Sullivans recored is 17-4-1 and 12 KO

Last edited by clrdk; 04-01-2011 at 04:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »