Home

Great Idea...

This is a discussion on Great Idea... within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2011, 03:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Arrow Great Ideas...

Simply put, I would like to see some changes made to the controll layout (I don't have alot of time to do this here right now but if you guys have trouble with understanding this rough draft, I'll do a follow up on this). Here goes:

This is using the Xbox 360 contoller.

On the D-pad, this would give you the ability to change your fighting tactics easily at any time during a round, or in your corner, with your trainer giving you proper basic instructions. You can listen to your corner's boxing knowledge or use your own for each round. Every fighter would have his own five styles or techniques to choose from. I like to think of them as like the calling of plays in NBA 2k11; they would be there if you want a more indept and realistic experence, but noone has to use them. Each one has definate strengths or consequeses for overuse, and ofcourse (keep in mind) each fighter has his own certain ability to preform each...

1. (Tap "UP") - This puts your fighter on his toes. This fighting style gives you the ability to throw long range combos while staying out of range of exchanges. You must be a high stamina fighter to out-box a fighter in this manner for long throughout a fight without stopping to catch a few breaths. This allows you to flurry when in close.

2. (Tap "RIGHT") This gets you fighting more offensively. Plodding forward (bob-and-weaving if that's your fighters strength), making it easier get close, in-fight or simply use your footwork to corner your opponent or just rough him up. If your a dirty fighter you love this style because it gives you the oportuity throw low blows or head butts from outside, while in-fighting or in clinches. Throwing wild punches may leave you susceptible for counters, that might cause flash knockdowns or KO's. May loose a few rounds to slick, crafty boxers if you're not carefull. Plus can be used to reserve energy if punches are used more judiciously. If both guys go in swinging punches fights can turn into real wars.

3. (Tap "DOWN") This is advanced defense for defensive fighters. Think Pernell Whitiker or Willie Pep. Much greater footwork in this mode (because he is focused on defense), adding some much more pronouced head/upper body movement along with the ability to use upperbody movement then quickly use your footwork (in any direction) to get you out of trouble. You couldn'd do this before because your feet would be planted when you tried to use headmovement. I mentioned before that guys would have thier own style, for example: some guys 'blocks' might change from regular blocking to a Philly shell, Crab or shoulder-roll. This defensive style can get you a rest for a few rounds if used properly, usually if you're a high stamina fighter. You can mostly pot-shot and counter in this style so you would have to go back to a style more suited for offense if you want to throw bombs or flurries.

4. (Tap "BACK") This is basically when you've been hurt badly and want to get on your bike, or just RUN untill you get those cogwebs out of your head. Your feet move the fastest depending on how stung you are. If you're hurt bad you'll wobble and have to clinch. Leaning on the ropes would replensh some your vital health stats slowly. Much smoother and faster head movement while leaning against the ropes also. Your punches aren't as effective in this mode, but it would be easier to clinch up your opponent when hurt.

5. (Pressing and Holding "UP" for 2 sec.) This takes you back to your basic style you started with. This is the most balanced of the five styles. So really you start out with this style, push a D-pad button to pick new style, then go back to your beginning style by holding "UP" when you need to.

Last edited by gravity62; 06-14-2011 at 06:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 05:22 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Cool Re: Great Ideas...

^^Just gonna add on to my first post and try to keep it interesting so you guys will wanna read through it... Let me know if you agree with my ideas, guys. Try to keep it positive:

Pushing in the Left Analog stick should be to parry punches away/slapping them down... Especially long punches - short punches if timed correctly. You could also hold down the Left Analog to block punches, it would give you the Mummy postier and feet would be planted. Regular blocking would actually just be used as an automatic high or low guard that can be used to block hooks. The way you hold up your hands to fight/guard yourself should also be a way to block punches. So in my book there should be three ways to block, in stead of just high and low.

Clicking the Right Analog stick could be used for fients. Maybe there can be two seperate alternate controll schemes dedicated either to the analog movements (full spectrum controll), or the four face buttons for fienting; the other could be set for punching.

Let's keep the great ideas going fellas....
These have potential IMO, I have more ideas, but let me know what you guys think of them so far...

Last edited by gravity62; 06-14-2011 at 04:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »