Home

College Football Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Football Off Topic within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-03-2017, 08:03 PM   #5705
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: College Football Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Still seems fishy as heck they couldn't last one more game ...... I know Bama is so good that it might not matter but that if a strange deal
It is quite strange, and I didn't see it coming. Me and everyone I know were just bracing for and wondering how Lane's last game/swan song was going to play out.

Saban has a history at Bama of making transitions while trying to not cast a negative light on the outgoing party. I would bet that there were some (or lots of) goings on that we aren't privy to that drove Saban to go ahead and pull the trigger early (Lane's antics and behavior). Although the stories would have us believe it was a "mutual agreement", it's pretty obvious the head man just chose to show him the door early.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2017, 09:10 PM   #5706
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Another thing I'll add while on the topic of Lane, is I remembered this article I had read, and this very telling remark he made:

Asked if he'll be with the Tide through the playoffs, Kiffin responded at the time, "Yeah, I hope so." He then smiled and added, "If they let me."

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/in..._with_ala.html
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 01-03-2017, 11:26 PM   #5707
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
first hooker now conley by the end of the week mcmillan probably then the only reasons we even win games are all gone, we will probably be about 2 more years until we are able to compete with the big boys
Lol, you guys are still in an enviable position. I wouldn't fret too much. Plug and play, but that's the downside to recruiting so well.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:35 PM   #5708
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
It is quite strange, and I didn't see it coming. Me and everyone I know were just bracing for and wondering how Lane's last game/swan song was going to play out.

Saban has a history at Bama of making transitions while trying to not cast a negative light on the outgoing party. I would bet that there were some (or lots of) goings on that we aren't privy to that drove Saban to go ahead and pull the trigger early (Lane's antics and behavior). Although the stories would have us believe it was a "mutual agreement", it's pretty obvious the head man just chose to show him the door early.
Lots of stuff leaking out about Kiffin talking a mess in interviews, being late to and missing meetings, interviewing potential assistant coaches during the lead up to the Peach Bowl, making it seem like it was his idea and he was doing Saban a favor by bowing out, pissing off other coaches, and just normal grandiose Lane Kiffin things. My favorite was him throwing Kirby Smart under the bus ever so casually.

The characters Fredo in The Godfather and Morrie in Goodfellas come to mind whenever Lane Kiffin says something.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:47 AM   #5709
MVP

OVR: 12

I have a few friends that play on the team, however this is strictly heresay coming from them as I was obviously not there.

-Kiffin continued to hold interviews that conflicted with the time schedules the team had already allocated.

-He would actually bring them onto the Alabama campus, as opposed to somewhere neutral away from the University.

-Asked to be away for an unspecified length of time during bowl prep week and a day or two prior to travelling to Tampa so he could finalize something for FAU. Player had no idea.

-Rumor had it that he had actually talked to a few players, to include Jalen about possibly transferring down to FAU with him, since he was the one that spotted him, believed in him, and ultimately pushed for him into a starting role as a freshman. Neither of my personal friends were confronted about transferring, but the rumor had gotten circulated one way or another amongst the players and was causing a rift between some players because no one knew what to believe.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:17 AM   #5710
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
I have a few friends that play on the team, however this is strictly heresay coming from them as I was obviously not there.

-Kiffin continued to hold interviews that conflicted with the time schedules the team had already allocated.

-He would actually bring them onto the Alabama campus, as opposed to somewhere neutral away from the University.

-Asked to be away for an unspecified length of time during bowl prep week and a day or two prior to travelling to Tampa so he could finalize something for FAU. Player had no idea.

-Rumor had it that he had actually talked to a few players, to include Jalen about possibly transferring down to FAU with him, since he was the one that spotted him, believed in him, and ultimately pushed for him into a starting role as a freshman. Neither of my personal friends were confronted about transferring, but the rumor had gotten circulated one way or another amongst the players and was causing a rift between some players because no one knew what to believe.
Ugh. Something is totally rotten here. Thanks for the "insider" info. That none of this is surprising is a testament to Lane Kiffin being a selfish, infantile schmuck.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:13 PM   #5711
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Did anyone see that clip of Clemson's Christian Wilkens, uh, assaulting Curtis Samuels in the game the other night? How did that get missed!?
Clemson LB's Ben Boulware's comments on it:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/clemson...194524485.html

Quote:
“People are trying to say sexual assault?” he said. “People that say that have either never played football, have never been in a locker room … I know there’s going to be that one person: ‘Well I played football and I never did that.’ You either sucked at football, you had no friends in the locker room, or you were the person that went in the bathroom stall to go change because you were scared to shower with the team.”

“Nobody has done it as aggressive as Christian did,” Boulware said. “We try to be a little more discreet about it and poke somebody. He definitely grabbed a handful.”
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2017, 05:40 PM   #5712
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

The thing that I find amusing about this new type of "Clemsoning" ...errr grabbing dudes by the junk...is that Boulware seemed to think the "context" he was providing would somehow make things better or less controversial. What a meathead, lol. Instead, he makes his whole team and coaching staff look silly, at best.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »