Home

Recent games

This is a discussion on Recent games within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2015, 12:18 AM   #1
Rookie

PSimp21's Arena

OVR: 0
Recent games

Anyone else having some up and down crazy games in diamond dynasty?

I have played games where it seems every ball is a homerun or shot off the fence, games where no matter how square you hit a ball, its a pop up for both teams, and just finished my 4th game of the day that went 12+ innings.

I have played over 200 games, and it just seems crazy that the last 48 hours have been so up and down. Sometimes it almost feels like something takes over and evens the games out if you are up or down.

I don't mind the variety of games like this, just odd that the last 10 or so have been like that. I'll take it, though, because no one tried to bunt steal bs lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2015, 12:29 AM   #2
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Recent games

For like the past week almost all of my games have gone to extra innings. Almost all of them have been because of a meltdown on my part too. It's a little ridiculous, I don't know what is up with me.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:15 AM   #3
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

im just seeing a lot of BS go against me. strikes being called balls, lucky HRs and hits from my opponents, and anything I hit is a popup or a line out.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:11 PM   #4
Rookie

Yea I stopped playing I see all these things from the lagging to the implosion if you are ahead. I throw a pitch on purpose way out of the zone unhittable its a home run and then when I make a mistake down the middle foul out. With hitting I feel like I get good timing while I am losing and then when I start to come back usually its on bad timing and I get lucky hits and hrs and I start to come back.

Last edited by thescottyglasgow; 07-01-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:30 PM   #5
Rookie

Beat LA's Arena

It's funny. When I face a guy that is roping everything around the edges of the strike zone, I'll get frustrated and start pumping fastballs down the middle. Almost every time I start doing this, his guys will either pop it up or hit it right at my fielders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2015, 03:37 PM   #6
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat LA
It's funny. When I face a guy that is roping everything around the edges of the strike zone, I'll get frustrated and start pumping fastballs down the middle. Almost every time I start doing this, his guys will either pop it up or hit it right at my fielders.
This probably means the player is a Zone guy who prelocate the PCI in a specific region because you show too much of a pattern in pitch location.

Some top-notch players move PCI on reaction as the pitch comes toward the plate, but a lot of guys are not able to do this effectively (I'm one of them), and small PCI adjustment like going from the edge to the center is often harder to make than fixing it at a certain region or move it a lot, like going from top to the bottom, inside to outside, etc.

Hence a lot of less skilled Zone guys tend not to square up against pitches down in the middle, when they are looking for something else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »