Home

Swapping positions with created player

This is a discussion on Swapping positions with created player within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2015, 07:26 PM   #1
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Swapping positions with created player

Let's say you start your CAP in the outfield. Is it possible to swap him with the pitcher in the middle of the inning? If this is possible, I know the CAP will only have FSFB & CH stuff but if I swap the pitcher back will the pitcher's stuff also dwindle down to FSFB & CH?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 08:06 PM   #2
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Swapping positions with created player

I wouldn't think it would, but I don't understand why anyone would ever do this.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #3
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krush
I wouldn't think it would, but I don't understand why anyone would ever do this.
I think i might have better success throwing out base stealers with pitchers who throw the heat. The ideal situation would to have a staff full of flame throwers, though.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:22 PM   #4
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
I think i might have better success throwing out base stealers with pitchers who throw the heat. The ideal situation would to have a staff full of flame throwers, though.
Your best bet of doing that is putting your created player at catcher. If you switch him from the outfield with a pitcher, you will not only have the worst outfielder in the history of baseball, but also a guy who throws like 90 at most pitching. It's a lose lose situation.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:50 PM   #5
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krush
Your best bet of doing that is putting your created player at catcher. If you switch him from the outfield with a pitcher, you will not only have the worst outfielder in the history of baseball, but also a guy who throws like 90 at most pitching. It's a lose lose situation.
The Created Player's velocity would drop 9-10 points if he's switched to pitcher???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 09:07 PM   #6
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
The Created Player's velocity would drop 9-10 points if he's switched to pitcher???
He's not playing as a pitcher so he doesn't have any of his pitches. He's like a position player pitching at that point so all he has is a the generic crappy change up and fastball. I tried it once and I could only throw like 90
Old 06-21-2015, 09:38 AM   #7
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3

The position swapping in general is flawed. They said the whole point was to have your player play all over the field, but if you have your player play any other position than what you added him to your lineup as he'll take a fielding hit and his throw meter will be messed up. Not quite sure I understand the logic on that one.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:12 PM   #8
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

Apparently this is very possible when your Star Player is a relief pitcher. I think the opponent's Star Player had a record of 35-17 so this is something he does possibly every game.

Inning 1:
Killebrew starts at Catcher. Cox (Star Player) in bullpen. Cox pinch hit for Killebrew.

Inning 5:
Cruz pinch hit for Fernandez. Bench substituted for Cruz. Cox moves to pitcher with all pitches available and velocity intact.

Cox pitches 5th,6th,and 7th but boxscore doesn't reflect this. Notice the innings pitched in the boxscore doesn't add up to 9 innings.

Inning 8:
Holland comes in to pitch and Cox goes to LF, I believe.

Inning 9:
Cox comes back in to close out the game and Holland moves to LF and then is replaced by Kiner.

http://theshownation.com/boxscores/21765043

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »