Home

I'm feeding Cardinals cards to my DD player. I get 2% for Bronze, 13% for gold

This is a discussion on I'm feeding Cardinals cards to my DD player. I get 2% for Bronze, 13% for gold within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2016, 08:50 PM   #1
Banned

Beatles's Arena

OVR: 0
I'm feeding Cardinals cards to my DD player. I get 2% for Bronze, 13% for gold

I couldn't find any kind of video or graph showing each team's percentages of bronze, silver, gold, and diamond feeding. I think feeding them bronze players is the most cost-effective but definitely takes longer. I bought a Matt Carpenter gold in the captains store and decided to feed it to my player in order to see what percentage I would get and it went up 13%. I am in the process of seeing what a silver will get you but trying to get a good deal on a card before I do that. My reward will be a diamond Ozzie Smith so it's definitely worth the time I'm spending on getting a bunch of bronze. I am pretty sure the percentages are different for each team so if anyone knows of a graph that I can look at to know which cards get what, I would be very grateful. I assume silver gives like 5% to Cardinals players but I will let you know for sure when I finally feed my player a silver.

Last edited by Beatles; 05-26-2016 at 08:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2016, 09:31 PM   #2
Rookie

ArtificialPain's Arena

Re: I'm feeding Cardinals cards to my DD player. I get 2% for Bronze, 13% for gold

For all those I have collected, I have fed 77 bronze (if available) and 78 to 80 Silvers...Takes about 35 - 37 cards that way, and is cost-effective, dependent upon the team of which you're buying players...

Did Eddie Murray the most recent...16 Yovanni Gallardo (77), 9 JJ Hardy (78), 7 Gausman (79) and about 9 or 10 commons...Bought low on them well ahead of time as I knew I was going after him next...Only spent about 2300...That way you can sell the Golds you may be using to feed for the player...Doing Cincy next for Larkin and already buying low on Straily and Sclafani, which are nice and cheap...

The rank of the player is the determining factor of the percentage you get, yes...But 77 players tend to give 3% and sometimes 4%, and CAN be cheap, again dependent upon the team...
Old 05-26-2016, 10:06 PM   #3
Banned

Beatles's Arena

Re: I'm feeding Cardinals cards to my DD player. I get 2% for Bronze, 13% for gold

I didn't think that commons even counted toward feeding. I will buy some and see what happens. The problem with the rank and percentage is that I haven't been able to tell which percentages go up or down depending on what the player is rated. For example, player a is rated a 74 bronze and player B is rated a 72 bronze. Are the percentages the same? Where is the cutting off point and in between of the percentages?
Old 05-26-2016, 10:50 PM   #4
Rookie

ArtificialPain's Arena

I don't know the exact percentage per rank...I just ended up finding that 'sweet spot' with the 77 - 80 guys...

I've unlocked only 5 so far, but I've used the same method for each and haven't had to spend a ton of stubs to get them...If there is no 77 for that team, I've had to use more 74 - 76 guys and a few more low end Silvers...It's still cheaper than giving away a Gold that you could sell to buy the high Bronze/low Silver...But, it all depends on how quickly you want the player...I try to plan ahead for the next guy I want to unlock while I'm piling up the innings with that team...That way I don't play the innings, then play the waiting game of unlocking...

And again, the team and player you're trying to unlock has a lot to do with it...Ichiro and Beltre will cost you no matter what if you go the Bronze/Silver route...But it is what it is...
Old 05-27-2016, 02:36 AM   #5
Banned

Beatles's Arena

I just fed my guy a common 68 overall rating player and it didn't go up at all. I then fed a 79 silver and it went up 4%. Then I fed a 74 Jonathan Broxton bronze and it went up 1%. I fed a 73 Tyler Lyons and it went up 2% so I have no idea what's going on.

Last edited by Beatles; 05-27-2016 at 02:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2016, 08:30 AM   #6
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles
I just fed my guy a common 68 overall rating player and it didn't go up at all. I then fed a 79 silver and it went up 4%. Then I fed a 74 Jonathan Broxton bronze and it went up 1%. I fed a 73 Tyler Lyons and it went up 2% so I have no idea what's going on.

I just finished the Cardinals. feed 6-10 cards at a time. Only feed the following players:

Peralta
Grichuk
Moss
Broxton
Hazelbaker
Adams
Gyorko
Lyons
Oh
Maness
Cooney
Pena
Tejada

I was getting 12-19% jumps with each feed.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #7
Banned

Beatles's Arena

I just got done and was using pretty much all the players you listed and I would get 2 percent and 1% for each card. I'm going to do the Rockies next as soon as I grind the endings which I'm almost done doing. I just fed 13 bronze players from the Rockies to my player ranging from 71 to 75. It only went up 15% Okay, I just fed RP Bronze 75 Qualls and got 2%. I fed a SP 75 Bronze and got 2%. The 74 Bronze and under gets me 1% and it seems that commons need 2 or 3 to get 1%.

Last edited by Beatles; 05-28-2016 at 02:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »