Home

CFB Stadiums

This is a discussion on CFB Stadiums within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-25-2024, 08:42 PM   #9
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: CFB Stadiums

I am curious to see how much of the "surrounding area" each stadium has.

Texas Tech has their new performance center right behind the south end zone.

LSU has the Maravich Center across the street from the stadium.

Some stadiums have stuff a block or two from the stadium, etc.

I expect the interiors and immediate exteriors to be fully detailed, just curious how far it extends.

Last edited by TripleCrown9; 02-25-2024 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-25-2024, 09:18 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
I am curious to see how much of the "surrounding area" each stadium has.

Texas Tech has their new performance center right behind the south end zone.

LSU has the Maravich Center across the street from the stadium.

Some stadiums have stuff a block or two from the stadium, etc.

I expect the interiors and immediate exteriors to be fully detailed, just curious how far it extends.
I wonder that too.

That's why I keep bringing up scenic views. I agree that that expect that they'll likely have the interiors and immediate exteriors fully detailed. For the most part, I expect the skyline of the stadiums to be accurate. So, I'll expect to see mountain skylines for those appropriate teams, etc. I think that the schools that will have the most detailed exteriors will be the one with the open end stadiums. That's because they almost have too or it'll look unrealistic. But for the bowl shaped stadiums, I would mainly just expect accurate skylines

For the most part, the only way I see fully detailed exteriors is if we see it in a pre-game cutscene before the game. I'm not sure how over the top they will go with pregame. I expect pre-game to mainly be the pre-game stadium-intros and some pageantry stuff. But, I'm not sure how much of stadium pan overs we'll see of stadium exteriors prior to games
Old 02-27-2024, 06:11 PM   #11
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I was just initially set on using a dome for a stadium for a created team. There's only 3 FBS teams with dome stadiums, Syracuse, Idaho, and Tulane. But after thinking about scenic views, I'm set on either creating a team that using a stadium with a great scenic view. It could be a stadium with just a seat capacity of 20,000-40,000. I'm sure they'll have the stadiums they use in bowl games as an option for created teams. I just hope they go all out with customization. I would love design a stadium and use a backdrop of my choosing

I might even do a RTG character at one of those schools just for the scenic view.
idaho will not be in the game they are i-aa now
tulane has a outdoor place now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2024, 06:20 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
idaho will not be in the game they are i-aa now
tulane has a outdoor place now
I didn't know Idaho got bumped down and must have been thinking about NCAA 14 when Tulane still played at the Superdome.

So, Syracuse is the only dome FBS team?.

Like I said, I originally wanted to play in a dome for a created team I'd imagine you can use a domed stadium if it is a bowl game stadium. But, I am deciding to opt for a stadium that has a great scenic view
Old 02-27-2024, 06:32 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

When it comes to Stadiums I don't want them to copy Madden's version of GameDay Atmosphere. I never cared for the momentum feature or the gameplay effects. I'd rather them focus on the pageantry, bands, fight songs, etc. I don't mind the squiggly lines or WRs and QBs not being on the same page though. I just hope they put a big emphasis on audio/crowd improvements. I want those 90,000+ seat capacity stadiums to sound deafening compared to 50,000 and under capacity stadiums.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:25 PM   #14
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0

The only FBS schools currently with domed stadiums are Syracuse, UTSA, and UNLV. Plus, you have the various kickoff game and bowl game dome stadiums.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:31 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
When it comes to Stadiums I don't want them to copy Madden's version of GameDay Atmosphere. I never cared for the momentum feature or the gameplay effects. I'd rather them focus on the pageantry, bands, fight songs, etc. I don't mind the squiggly lines or WRs and QBs not being on the same page though. I just hope they put a big emphasis on audio/crowd improvements. I want those 90,000+ seat capacity stadiums to sound deafening compared to 50,000 and under capacity stadiums.
Couldn't agree more on all of this. The other element of it that I'd love to see/feel is some VARIETY in that noise. If my team is struggling and attendance is low, then it'd be great for the crowd noise to reflect that in a way where if a rival comes into town and the stadium is full, then there's a clear difference in atmosphere and sound--and because of that, home field advantage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2024, 08:23 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by z.arthur23
Couldn't agree more on all of this. The other element of it that I'd love to see/feel is some VARIETY in that noise. If my team is struggling and attendance is low, then it'd be great for the crowd noise to reflect that in a way where if a rival comes into town and the stadium is full, then there's a clear difference in atmosphere and sound--and because of that, home field advantage.
Something I would like to see is crowd noise based on a scale of seat capacity. Based on average seat capacity of stadium, each average level has a max level of crowd noise. For example, a 30,00 seat capacity stadium max crowd noise should sound considerably lower than a 70,000+ stadium. So even if you have crowd volume maxed in menu, there should still be a clear difference. Plus, it would be cool to play against Michigan and that crowd blaring, then after you score a TD, it go dead silent

It would be cool for them to bring back the Toughest Place 25 stadiums to play at feature. Like, I don't want to see the Madden momentum feature and don't want to see gameplay boosts or effects. I don't mind seeing the QBs and WR not on the same play or it effecting how you audible. I really hope they have team builder, because I would want to see my stadium eventually become the toughest place to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »