Home

*OFFICIAL* NCAA Impressions/Questions Thread (360)

This is a discussion on *OFFICIAL* NCAA Impressions/Questions Thread (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-14-2007, 08:07 PM   #1465
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: *OFFICIAL* NCAA Impressions/Questions Thread (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
I never had NCAA 07, all I had was the demo, so my graphics comparison is to Madden, and no way does this game have the same level of detail as Madden '07. No way.

It is however better than NCAA 07 from what I seen as 07 had far more jaggies, but still the detail is down for sure this year.
right, but we're comparing ncaa 08 to ncaa 07 not madden so the detail can't be down......and based off of the demo the player models look much better in ncaa 08 than they did in madden 07 ....the way they are proportioned that is......as far as detail that i don't know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2007, 08:10 PM   #1466
Rookie

OVR: 1

Here is a question I dont believe has been answered:

On the retail version of the game do you have to wait until the QB is under center (or whenever he is ready in SG) to call audibles and hot routes? If you do have to wait for the QB it could get pretty frustrating in those late game situations when you are trailing.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:10 PM   #1467
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm moving sliders for int's for the cpu down a notch, i'm not sure if iv'e become a complete buffoon on offense or what is going on but i've scored 3 points now in two games cuz i keep getting int's. LOL..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-14-2007, 08:11 PM   #1468
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
right, but we're comparing ncaa 08 to ncaa 07 not madden so the detail can't be down......and based off of the demo the player models look much better in ncaa 08 than they did in madden 07 ....the way they are proportioned that is......as far as detail that i don't know.
yeah madden has almost always looked a good bit better than ncaa because it's the big cash cow for EA. that's not surprising. can't really compare those two games in that sense.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 07-14-2007, 08:12 PM   #1469
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ougriffin22
Here is a question I dont believe has been answered:

On the retail version of the game do you have to wait until the QB is under center (or whenever he is ready in SG) to call audibles and hot routes? If you do have to wait for the QB it could get pretty frustrating in those late game situations when you are trailing.
yes you do and I for one am GLAD that is the case after playing all these idiots online who run hurry up and use hot routes, audibles galore, now they can't really do that..not enuff time to

Old 07-14-2007, 08:14 PM   #1470
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
If the demo of 07 was the same as the full version of 07, then I disagree again. I think it's almost impossible not to see that the models have less detail than last years, and the fact that EA won't let you get an extreme closeup of anything pretty much indicates that they're aware of it, too. 07's biggest problem was jaggies everywhere and they fixed that (except for the jaggies on facemasks), but we lost detail in other places.

My thinking is, you lose a point for weak presentation... a point for loss of detail... and a point for implementation issues in regards to the new tackles with not enough real gang-tackles (too many "me-too's), and the lingering problem with sacks after a clear QB release. I'm a harsh grader, but I expect excellence for $60 and at least one of those issues shouldn't exist now.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:15 PM   #1471
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Something else I just noticed - on the right hand side where down and distance is, it will occasionally say:

10 PLAYS 3:46 64 YARDS re the drive information, which is cool and i havent' even noticed until just now...
That is pretty cool. I just saw it for myself and it said 10 Plays 4:01 78 Yards. I think it might have to be a 10 play drive for it to show up because thats the first time I have seen that. But I dont know Ill keep looking
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2007, 08:15 PM   #1472
MVP

OVR: 11

I noticed a glitch today. I played my friend using Hawaii and theres a pretty big roster problem with them. Instead of Colt Brennan being an impact player, QB #6(80 OVR backup QB) is the impact player. Colt Brennan is still starting and a 97 OVR. I'm hoping the game just glitched and it was a random occurence that the impact players got switched up for some reason and I haven't used them again to check. If it is a roster mistake then its pretty lame but not a huge deal for me.

Other than that this game is great. The way it feels is much better than 07. A lot of the improvements are kinda hard to explain/pinpoint but overall the game feels and plays much better. Me and my friends have played for about 7 hours the past 2 days just to give you guys an idea of how much fun were having. With the improved playbooks each matchup feels different too since you can imitate team's styles. I love puttin McFadden at QB in the Wildcat and putting Harvin in the shotgun for Florida. At the same time it doesn't feel cheap to put those guys there since its not very hard to stop them running and they'll throw pretty bad passes. I think it adds a lot of realism to the game and helps seperate it from the pro game. The game isn't perfect but it is definately the most entertaining football game I've ever played.

BTW if anyone wants to play online late tonight/tomorrow my gamertag is Borat55. Odogg and everyone else who has the game, feel free to add me.

Last edited by NoSkillz50; 07-14-2007 at 08:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »