Home

360 or PS3??

This is a discussion on 360 or PS3?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11
360 or PS3??

Anyone have any info on which system the game was developed on? or anything on which system may have an upper hand? It was a easy choice last year considering only the 360 ran at 60fps but with both running at 60 this year im not sure which to get it for....slightly leaning towards the ps3 if everything is gonna be identical considering you can just use a flash drive to get the rosters plus for some reason my 360 mem card isnt working, I really wish EA would have the same thing that 2k did with college hoops with the 2k share online, made it soo easy...anyone know if something like that will be in this game??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2008, 09:14 AM   #2
Rookie

Rekkapryde's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 360 or PS3??

I'm personally getting the PS3 version over the 360 version due to me not having to worry about the red lights creeping on me or my 360 scratching my disc like it did with my Madden 08 last year. But I prefer my PS3 overall to my 360 anyway. Sounds like you can't go wrong either way this year, but system reliability and the ability to use the jump drives for roster sharing is big for me. Advantage = PS3 IMO.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #3
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Whichever controller you are most comfortable with. Other than that the only difference will probably textures and colors. Which IMO 360 always looks better. Might be easier to get roster files on PS3 but I wouldn't know since I'm not into that.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-09-2008, 11:09 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

PS3 for me...I fear the ring of death as well...and games have a tendency to freeze in my 360 ala Madden last year...can't take the chance of that happening so it has to be PS3 (plus I like the controller better )
Old 05-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I really wish EA would have the same thing that 2k did with college hoops with the 2k share online, made it soo easy...anyone know if something like that will be in this game??[/quote]

There is online roster sharing this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I am getting it on PS3 because its the only system I have. And I don't think it matters which system you get it for, all sites keep saying that its identical across the board.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-09-2008, 08:00 PM   #7
Rookie

razcan's Arena

OVR: 9

You go with the system the game was developed on. Last year it was stated that future NCAA's would be developed on the PS3 and ported onto the 360. However, the same day that statement came out EA's new president (or whatever) dispelled it. I don't think its been released for certain as to which system it was built for.

Last gen Xbox was the superior console but EA ported over NCAA from the PS2. The result was a better experience on the PS2. Keep in mind that EA and Microsoft appear to be in cahoots now so I would think the 360 would win.

Ill be getting it on PS3. I doubt it will be better though.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #8
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

i would imagine the 360 will have slightly better graphics, with the PS3 having slightly better loading time. in the end you wouldn't be able to tell unless you sit there trying to tell a difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »