Home

Spread Offense/Zone Read Needs some work

This is a discussion on Spread Offense/Zone Read Needs some work within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 09:34 AM   #1
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17
Spread Offense/Zone Read Needs some work

Since it is becoming one of the main offenses/plays in all of college football, I'd like to see it get and overhaul in the game. Right now there is hardly ever any reason to keep it with the qb. The blocking is out of wack. I'd like to be able to read the defensive end to know whether to keep or hand off. It also doesn't help when I am in shotgun with 3 Wrs calling a running play and the defense comes out in a 4-3, although this seems to be a little better this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #2
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Spread Offense/Zone Read Needs some work

Also I hope OMT and the gang can figure out how to add WR screens toward the sidelines (bubble screens). That is also a big part of the game.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

I think OMT said they were in at one point, but called pulled for being to money.

My Video Game Streams
Old 09-23-2008, 10:11 AM   #4
stewaat

OVR:

Hopefully they can make the speed of all positions accurate. The difference between option QB and solid HB aren't as dramatic as they are in the game.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:19 AM   #5
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Hopefully they can make the speed of all positions accurate. The difference between option QB and solid HB aren't as dramatic as they are in the game.
you might be right but this is the first year EVER to not hear bitching about its to easy to run with the qb. might of been implemented wrong but it sure is nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 11:32 AM   #6
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

try this on your run plays. always block away from the direction you are running. if your going up the middle and your going to the three tech (which you should always do on up the middle plays unless its a counter) you can go aggressive or away with your blocking. if you are running a choice or sweep or anything outside try to run to the seven tech and if you block away the tackle will reach and wall. if you have a te on these plays you should motion him to the play side if the defense is showing you a stack but i almost always do it anyway. this is the trick since the te's become idiots if you motion them on shotgun run plays. you have to player audible the te to block to the outside to the direction you are running. if you motion from left to right you want to send you oline left because you are running right then select your te and audible his run block to the right. he will still step left but then redirects back to the right. dont out run him and if you are using hard sliders dont burst before line anyway unless your in trouble or the outside is open. the key is to always block away. even if you are run heavy which is what i normaly run with usc's playbook using wisconsin. always block away and get seal blocks. dont burst right away, find your hole and explode through it. i still cant get the qb option (cant remember name of it buts it the up the gut play where the qb options to rb and then goes up middle with linemen pulling for him) to work unless your qb is really fast or you have a rb in as qb. other than that play i can have success running every other play. try auburns playbook, they have some more te than normal in their shotgun and i like to get my run game going with this. i rarely run the true option play. hope this helps a little.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:59 PM   #7
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

I totally agree with you. When I try to use WVU or Auburn online, and run Zone reads they don't work as well when you keep the ball. I'll read the defense and watch the DE and the whole line shift towards where my HB is going, and I will keep it, but my QB takes a bad angle and the blocking is bad. It works now and then, but it should work better.

I also know what you mean about playing the CPU. It will be 3rd and short, and I will come out in 4 wide. They CPU magically knows I am running and chooses 4-3.

Youtube

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »