Home

Is there a list somewhere that shows which conference each team could move to?

This is a discussion on Is there a list somewhere that shows which conference each team could move to? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2010, 03:07 PM   #1

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Is there a list somewhere that shows which conference each team could move to?

I remember someone here (or maybe another board) making a list of all 120 schools and showing which conference each team is eligible to move to due to demotion/promotion in dynasty mode.

Does anyone still have this list or is this a figment of my imagination?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #2
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Is there a list somewhere that shows which conference each team could move to?

I would also like to know
Old 06-10-2010, 02:04 AM   #3
Rookie

realultimatepower's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Is there a list somewhere that shows which conference each team could move to?

There's no definitive list that Ive found since outside of Nebraska, nothing is definite yet, however it certainly looks like likely that a majority of Big XII teams are going to go the Pac 10.

There are only scenarios.

The lynchpin right now is Texas. While the Big XII is all but dead, the SEC could feasibly swoop in and nab Texas and if they did that, they'd immediately get Texas A&M and probably anyone else they wanted. If the current rumors hold and Texas is Pac-10 bound, then conferences like the ACC and Big East need to start worrying because the SEC will definitely poach teams from them to match the Pac-16, as will the Big Ten.

Miami, Georgia Tech, Florida State, and Clemson all could be headed to the SEC. Virginia Tech is also on the SEC's "want-list". Make no mistakes, the SEC will get whoever they want if they decide not to pursue Texas or if Texas decides to go with the Pac-10. If the Pac 10 pull this off, they have the richest TV contract, surpassing the SEC. The SEC can counter by taking ACC schools to match the conference load, however, not even FSU and Miami match the prestige that Texas and OU bring.

Then you could see the Big Ten hit up the ACC/Big East and grab schools like Rutgers (NY/NJ market is HUGE), Syracuse, and they'd probably take Mizzou as well. That means they'd only need 1 more team to become a 16 team super conference along with the Pac 16 and SEC. I imagine they'd put the pressure on Notre Dame, and then take West Virginia or someone like that (just a guess) to fill that 16th slot.

I'd imagine the ACC and Big East would consolidate and create their own conference out of the ashes, as would MWC and WAC.

EVERYTHING depends on what Texas eventually does. Texas is the key now that the Nebraska domino has fallen. Nebraska leaving kills the Big XII, but Texas' decision will decide the fate on many other conferences' futures. Its a safe assumption that the Big XII is dead, and the Big East (at least football wise) may be on its last legs once all the chips are played.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:07 AM   #4
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

That was a nice lil recap, but I am pretty sure he is talking about in-game dynasty. Like if MTSU iirc you can go to the ACC then the SEC.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:07 AM   #5
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

@ realultimatepower:

The OP was asking about the video game, not real life. For example, in the video game teams from X conference can only move to Y, Z conference.

@ Deegeezy:

I've never seen the list but I would like to have a copy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 02:13 AM   #6
Rookie

realultimatepower's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
@ realultimatepower:

The OP was asking about the video game, not real life. For example, in the video game teams from X conference can only move to Y, Z conference.

@ Deegeezy:

I've never seen the list but I would like to have a copy.
Haha my mistake, Im trippin out on all this crazy conference crap
Old 06-10-2010, 07:16 AM   #7

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah I was talking about the video game but thanks for the recap, realultimatepower; That's still good stuff to know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »