Home

Commercial Breaks

This is a discussion on Commercial Breaks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Commercial Breaks

This isnt a major, i was just playing NCAA Basketball 10 and noticed when you call a time out or if there is a foul, they would do a commercial break thing with the music and highlights of the play before. Just like the real TV presentation. Im just hoping th NCAA team gets ESPN integration like it really is on tv. Not just screen wipes, monoliths and banners
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Commercial Breaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
This isnt a major, i was just playing NCAA Basketball 10 and noticed when you call a time out or if there is a foul, they would do a commercial break thing with the music and highlights of the play before. Just like the real TV presentation. Im just hoping th NCAA team gets ESPN integration like it really is on tv. Not just screen wipes, monoliths and banners
This would be really cool. I don't think it is but we will find out soon.

I'm already happy with just having some kind of presentation this year.

But if the presentation is as good as NCAA Basketball, I will never put this game down.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

NCAA basketball 10 gameplay sucks but the presentation is keeping me playing and in the game.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

That would be cool, but is it really necessary? Personally, it wouldn't interest me after seeing it a couple times, I would just start skipping over it eventually. Wouldn't it kinda remove you from the game to? If I'm driving down the field trying to win the game in the 4th, I don't want to call a timeout and be taken out of the game to watch a few highlights and go to 'commercial.' I would rather just go straight to the play calling screen.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 29

Wait we want commerical breaks in a video game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

ITs not really commercial breaks. They show the score and they show a good play, then go back to the game. kind of like on TV. Watch the NBA finals right now and watch how they do it. Its not really necessary but arent you gonna skip over the replays too when the do the wipes?
Old 06-13-2010, 08:37 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
That would be cool, but is it really necessary? Personally, it wouldn't interest me after seeing it a couple times, I would just start skipping over it eventually. Wouldn't it kinda remove you from the game to? If I'm driving down the field trying to win the game in the 4th, I don't want to call a timeout and be taken out of the game to watch a few highlights and go to 'commercial.' I would rather just go straight to the play calling screen.
of course its not necessary, but in a world where we are striving for "realism" it would be a nice addition.

Add it in, allow the user to skip if they choose, or turn it off all together in an option. But having played NCAA B-Ball'10 and seeing it first hand, I gotta admit, its pretty damn sweet.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #8
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

Yea, just want some realism. Another thing i forgot about was the Top 25 poll that they show at the beginning. I thought that was awesome.

Last edited by mrMagic91; 06-13-2010 at 08:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »