Home

Looking to the sideline

This is a discussion on Looking to the sideline within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
Rookie

texasfan_95's Arena

OVR: 7
Looking to the sideline

In the demo is there any way of doing this without audibleing and all that other stuff? IRL the offense lines up then looks to the sideline. When I try to do that in game it still doesn't work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Barkley7's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Looking to the sideline

I don't think you can just line up and look. I remember with OU, in my hurry up mode, I just called an audible and my qb started looking to the sideline..
Old 06-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 16

After the play has been called, in real life, if the QB looks to the sideline, then it is usually to change the play and he looks for a signal for the play. The whole offense does not look, only the QB does. Once he gets the play he blurts it out. When they go no huddle, the offense will line up, then the QB looks to the sideline for the play, and once he gets it, he then blurts it out.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
After the play has been called, in real life, if the QB looks to the sideline, then it is usually to change the play and he looks for a signal for the play. The whole offense does not look, only the QB does. Once he gets the play he blurts it out. When they go no huddle, the offense will line up, then the QB looks to the sideline for the play, and once he gets it, he then blurts it out.
Have you watched an OU game? A lot of the time the whole offense aside from the OL will look over to the sideline. The QB then yells the call to the OL while the rest should know the play by looking over at the sideline.
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
#1 in weeks ranked #1 in AP Poll
#1 in weeks ranked top 5 in AP Poll
#1 in wins/winning percentage since 1946
Oklahoma Sooners, Boomer Sooner!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:01 PM   #5
Rookie

texasfan_95's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331
Have you watched an OU game? A lot of the time the whole offense aside from the OL will look over to the sideline. The QB then yells the call to the OL while the rest should know the play by looking over at the sideline.
Exactly. Be cool if they had Oklahoma State's cards or whatever they are in game, I know they don't though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 08:04 PM   #6
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

basically everyone but the OL looks to the sideline. Sometimes teams hurry up, line up, do a quick hut and then look over to the sideline and the coach will call the play based on what they've seen. Usually someone holds signs (2 people, 1 is a decoy) or some teams use hand signs or everyone on the field will have wristbands with the plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »