Home

This is a speed rush, EA.

This is a discussion on This is a speed rush, EA. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #49
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: This is a speed rush, EA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
How you can believe in Ratings after this video right?
They work to an extent. That's why everyone uses the best teams online. But the OL/DL interaction MUST be completely overhauled. Hell, and I'm not even asking for physics, either.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #50
Banned

General Butt Naked's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
They work to an extent.
A very limited extent. Look at the tackle in the video. He never has to turn his hips. his ability at tackle is about the same as me in real life. yet, he is still able to pull of that block most of the time.

EA fix this before you put Ncaa 13 out. DO NOT PUT OUT THE SAME BLOCKING ENGAGEMENTS AS YOU DID LAST YEAR! DO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN EVEN IF YOU CAN'T COMPLETELY OVERHAUL IT THIS YEAR.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #51
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

EA didn't touch this, again, did they. I will NOT be buying the game if that's the case. OL/DL interactions was the #1 problem with the gameplay in '12.

You might enjoy another year of that little "pattycake dance" that the DE and the OT do, so knock yourself out with this one.

NCAA 12.3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #52
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Ahh, the first ".x" rhetoric of the year, and not even .5, but .3, well done, very well done. Hopefully all the folks who feel compelled to spout that kind of hyperbole will be true to their word, not buy the game, and quickly migrated over to the NCAA Football 14 wish list thread. I guess in their mind though it really should still be the NCAA 13 or even 12.6 or 12.8 wish list thread.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #53
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm pretty sure I won't buy new, I haven't been shown anything to warrant that. But I'm positive I'll buy it used.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #54
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
I can say this is the last hill to climb for me that I implore EA to fix or at least look at and make some semblance of occurance. Even if its to adjust the win/loss ratio, and remove the dumb dt animation we all know and hate.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:06 AM   #55
Banned

General Butt Naked's Arena

OVR: 3

They haven't touched this area of the game in over a decade. Unfortunately, the community complained so hard about psychic db's and super Lb's that they didn't have time to address blocking engagements. I can live with super lb's especially because their not super, the problem had to do with pass trajectories. And psychic db's doesn't REALLY bother me either, yea i'm glad both are fixed but I would of rather seen a complete overhaul of the blocking engagements done. And i'm not just talking about OL and DL interaction. I'm talking all blocking engagements. Look at some of the gameplay videos. The blocking just looks so robotic because their is no push, pull, struggle, movement, or anything. It's just two people getting stuck together, then if the ball carrier runs horizontal to the defender in the engagement, he gets unstuck because he can run sideways or backwards out of the engagement.

They did say they tuned it but I doubt it changed the blocking significantly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I'm pretty sure I won't buy new, I haven't been shown anything to warrant that. But I'm positive I'll buy it used.
To be honest with the 45.00 price tag on it at amazon its kind of useless to buy it used. Especially if you play online and the Online Pass itself is 10 bucks. By the time it goes down to a 30.00 price tag the season will be mostly over and they will be gearing for year 14....probably best to just bite the bullet and resell it later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »