Home

Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

This is a discussion on Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2011, 12:07 AM   #1
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

I joined a OD a few weeks back as Florida who fell all the way to a 4 star program. While all the other users were 6 stars, I run through the SEC and by some freak chance I jump the commish's team (Kansas who has won no telling how many games through out his OD). I make it to the National title game against a Stanford user and he had the game won with 2 mins left but he decides to keep passing and my LB comes out of no where a makes a HUGE int and I took the lead. After that I guess he panicked after playing so well my team picks him off 5 times in the 4th.

Anyway I won the National Title and my Qb won heisman. After the game the commish went on to say I cheated. The Stanford guy ran the same plays over and over on offense and defense. I guess it was my fault for not stopping his plays but his team was alot better than mine overall..

These 2 guys must have been buddies or something. The guy kept running his DE way outside and leaving a huge running lane for my QB everytime with no spy. The commish went on to say I cheated because I shouldn't be allowed to run with my Qb because it's a last resort and said that he shouldn't have to put up a spy because they only work 1/2 the time and that it makes the defense boring. I guess I failed to remember its the offenses job to make the defense not boring to run.

This guy did not won't to be wrong about anything, I agree running is a last resort most of the time but he shouldn't get to play like a ****** just because the commish says we shouldn't be able to run with are Qb. Running Qb's make me mad to sometimes but heck there is more than one way to stop them

1. Spy (He said it limits the defense and says it takes way to long to call a defensive hot route)
2. Contain (He said never works)
3. Defensive gameplan to agressive to stop the qb or stay back in coverage. (He said that don't work either) This guy pretty much said the entire Defense in this game was broken and fast Qb are cheese and a easy way out. Lol but the commish also added at the end said he would smash me in the game if we ever played..

Lol sorry for this long long read but wanted to get some thoughts. I'm glad to go out a Champion and Heisman winner also had a huge recruit class but I'll never get to see what could have been.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2011, 12:50 AM   #2
Banned

devinewon's Arena

Re: Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

Okay. Defense is awful in this game. Contain really never works in any way shape or form. Spy can be easily beat.

EVERYONE can play offense in this game and can run with their QB.

BUT! You can't cry if someone beats you. Worse if you do crazy things with your DE before the snap. Even worse when your team is way better than the guy you are playing.

Were you cheating? Of course not. He blatantly stated that he didn't want to run other defenses bc it limits what he can do. I totally understand how bad defense is in this game but coming from a guy that has played 50 plus years in Online Dynasties we NEVER let a guy come in and win a championship his first 10 years in the dynasty let alone his 1st. They need to step their game up. But to be honest being good at this game takes little skill at all so they need to relax and beat you next year.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Couldn't agree more. I do know the defense it pretty darn weak in this game, but again why should he get to play dumb and leave a huge running lane?

He said I was just a horrible player who used a fast QB to win games and that if I had a slower QB I would be down right awful. Lol I play online all the time and UF's starting QB Brantley is not that fast at all. I just happen to get a fast QB in this dynasty.

The thing to top it all off was the commish was not even the guy I played a user vs. user game against he just went by what the Stanford guy said. I told him until you play me you'll never know the whole story on how I'll play but yet again he disagreed and said he could tell by the way I was talking that I was a cheeser.

It was a fun dynasty that acutally lasted. All the dynasty I ever been in have failed within a few weeks yet this one had been going on for about 6 seasons so far. But what you gonna do lol
Old 03-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

If using a scrambling QB is cheese, I guess Nevada is a cheese school. Seriously, some playbooks and strategies revolve around a scrambling QB. I always try to get a scrambler QB in my dynasties, even if he is not the best at passing. It stinks that you got kicked out for scrambling when the dude left you some huge lanes.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 03-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
Banned

Rotax's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
If using a scrambling QB is cheese, I guess Nevada is a cheese school. Seriously, some playbooks and strategies revolve around a scrambling QB. I always try to get a scrambler QB in my dynasties, even if he is not the best at passing. It stinks that you got kicked out for scrambling when the dude left you some huge lanes.
Gator would you be interested in joining another online dynasty? I've been thinking about starting one but I want to make sure I get good people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Ya I would join I don't have one now...

I'm really not a cheeser I played NCAA football for years and years. I don't like cheesers at all my self but heck if someone is making a dumb mistake on defense you make them pay for it. I could understand his point of I was screwing with the AI but I wasn't.

He got mad because he was using man coverage and said that it's stupid how the AI does not turn around to cover the scrambling Qb until I was 5+ yards out already. I said no duh because there man coverage not watching the QB. lol he again said if was the AI's fault for being dumb.

I'm telling you guys we went back and forth about this for a few days lol and he never said he was wrong about anything. I'm pretty sure even if GOD himself came down and said he was wrong he would still deny it lol. We were cool until my team jumped him in the rankings and then he went through the season saying it got screwed
Old 03-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
Banned

devinewon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Ya I would join I don't have one now...

I'm really not a cheeser I played NCAA football for years and years. I don't like cheesers at all my self but heck if someone is making a dumb mistake on defense you make them pay for it. I could understand his point of I was screwing with the AI but I wasn't.

He got mad because he was using man coverage and said that it's stupid how the AI does not turn around to cover the scrambling Qb until I was 5+ yards out already. I said no duh because there man coverage not watching the QB. lol he again said if was the AI's fault for being dumb.

I'm telling you guys we went back and forth about this for a few days lol and he never said he was wrong about anything. I'm pretty sure even if GOD himself came down and said he was wrong he would still deny it lol. We were cool until my team jumped him in the rankings and then he went through the season saying it got screwed
The problem is that man is the only really viable option on Defense. Zone coverage is abominable Like I said this game gets worse and worse as time goes on and did not deserve the great reviews it got.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Ya good point, but the Stanford user used a zone everyone in a while when he didn't feel like using a all LB blitz with bump and run coverage.

That's the other thing they said I cheesed. He ran a zone while still running his DE to the outside so I took off but I noticed the guy came out of his zone to cover me instead and I threw it over the defender for a big TD. He said the that's making the AI choose and it's cheap.

There's a gameplan setting for that though. Defense is weak but I promise you can slow down a fast Qb with a spy, contain, and the right gameplan. I've faced many OSU's users online

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »