Home

Weirdest things you have seen in a dynasty?

This is a discussion on Weirdest things you have seen in a dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10
Weirdest things you have seen in a dynasty?

So on NCAA I just finished 2015 as North Texas with no conference shifts besides North Texas replacing Kansas in the Big 12 as a promotion.
Now, I finished 9-3, not to worried about things since I was a mid-tier team at best. No team was undefeated, but what was curious was the BCS bowls.

The BCS rankings went:
1. Michigan
2. Wisconsin
3. Ohio State
They all went 11-1

Michigan beat Wisky, Wisky beat tOSU, and tOSU beat Michigan.

Now somehow Ohio State won the Big 10 (it says Big 10 champions by their name for the Sugar Bowl), and play as an at large in the sugar bowl, while Wisconsin and Michigan play for the BCS National Championship, when I thought if there was a 3-way tie in the Big 10 then the highest BCS team got the nod.

I have never seen this before, and was very very shocked. What surprised me more was an 11-1 Alabama and 11-1 Oregon were #4 and #5, and not above the Big 10 teams, especially in NCAA 2011 where Alabama seems to be worshiped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2011, 11:39 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Weirdest things you have seen in a dynasty?

Not sure if it was NCAA 08 or 09 but Hawaii played for 3 straight BCS titles and won 2 of the 3. I only played 6 years in but I do remember how Hawaii was good all 6 years. I lost out on a few recruit to them. While I hated losing to them in one of those 3 BCS games I did like seeing a non power win games. It's a video game so it should not be a 100% mirror of real life.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:06 AM   #3
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcordloh
So on NCAA I just finished 2015 as North Texas with no conference shifts besides North Texas replacing Kansas in the Big 12 as a promotion.
Now, I finished 9-3, not to worried about things since I was a mid-tier team at best. No team was undefeated, but what was curious was the BCS bowls.

The BCS rankings went:
1. Michigan
2. Wisconsin
3. Ohio State
They all went 11-1

Michigan beat Wisky, Wisky beat tOSU, and tOSU beat Michigan.

Now somehow Ohio State won the Big 10 (it says Big 10 champions by their name for the Sugar Bowl), and play as an at large in the sugar bowl, while Wisconsin and Michigan play for the BCS National Championship, when I thought if there was a 3-way tie in the Big 10 then the highest BCS team got the nod.

I have never seen this before, and was very very shocked. What surprised me more was an 11-1 Alabama and 11-1 Oregon were #4 and #5, and not above the Big 10 teams, especially in NCAA 2011 where Alabama seems to be worshiped.
I know this sounds super bias but OSU should be #2 or #1. The would have beaten Michigan the last week and Michigan should have dropped behind them. But that is super weird. And all 3 would be Big Ten champs because they don't designate just one though they will send the one wit the highest BCS rating to the Rose Bowl.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 04-16-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Seeing the Troy Trojans as a powerhouse. Well I wouldn't really call it a powerhouse but they are really good in my NCAA 11 dynasty. In my most recent season (2025) they were 11-0 ranked #10 but lost to 1-11 Northwestern lol.

Also Central Michigan is the most dominant team in Michigan by far and owns the MAC.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5

Had a 5 star QB sign with Idaho who was a 2 star team prestige at the time. I'd been recruiting him for Colorado all year and dropped him at the start of off-season recruiting while I was way out in front of everyone else and was like his only offer somehow. No other programs came in and Idaho was on his list by like week 3, and he signed with them at the end of week 5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

That's crazy about Idaho stealing a 5-star QB..
Old 04-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
Seeing the Troy Trojans as a powerhouse. Well I wouldn't really call it a powerhouse but they are really good in my NCAA 11 dynasty. In my most recent season (2025) they were 11-0 ranked #10 but lost to 1-11 Northwestern lol.

Also Central Michigan is the most dominant team in Michigan by far and owns the MAC.
Troy has been Top 10 in my dynasty the past 6 seasons. North Carolina too.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
Rookie

Oil Nation's Arena

OVR: 1

Troy is a powerhouse in my dynasty, they go 12-0 almost every year, but never get a shot at the title.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »