Home

Gameplay

This is a discussion on Gameplay within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Gameplay

Anyone else thinking the gameplay didn't get the attention it should have this year? I know there are different departments that make the game but anything gameplay related we've seen look a lot like last year for the most part. The only stuff that looks like it was added are some things like diving catches and some DE rush moves. What about the throwing motion? That has been awful since the 1st days on next gen. How about having different throwing motions? The running motions, guys don't move athletic enough, player's legs look funny when sprinting in the open field. Improvements on special teams with coverage, blocking and blocking kicks.

I'm getting a little worried that this year they went hard at the pregame stuff, all the off the field dynasty stuff with coaching carousel and custom playbooks. And that the actual on the field gameplay stuff is going to pretty much feel and look like last year's game.

I know i should wait until E3 this week but i'm just saying what i think based on how ive seen football games marketed in the past. If you notice most of the talk around this game is the stuff you can do off the field. When it comes to the gameplay we got a few brief looks at some things and now the attention is on the off field stuff so we wont be paying attention to the actual game until after we already buy it.

And let me just say i love the dynasty improvements though and i think this game needs more customization options for us so i'm not saying this game will suck. I'm just saying that the attention from EA and everyone on the boards has shifted dramatically to the off field stuff and i'm worried thats on purpose to get us to look past the gameplay. I'm a big details guy (i even have another thread about how they need to give us more cleat options), i love that The Show & 2k lets us change cleat colors, have tv style broadcasts and such and i think if the NCAA Football guys can use those franchises as models then we'll be in good shape. I just see certain things that i think could or should be easy improvements that would really help the look of this game from accessories to gameplay.

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 06-06-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

Re: Gameplay

Some of the animations do look off, like for the CL that EA posted when the guy was running in the open field it looked ridiculous. Oh well, they made a lot of strives, I could care less about pre game stuff that I will skip after the first game, but there are people that really care about that. The dynasty stuff is huge for me and as long as the gameplay improved a little bit I'll be somewhat happy with the release. EA needs a new engine for their football games, I feel that the current engine is at the maximum it's going to reach.

Euphoria would be nice, but if they can't use it properly and we get a Backbreaker rehash where if you even poke a person they fall backwards ten yards than forget it.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #3
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I don't know, I won't make judgment on gameplay until at least the demo drops. You can't judge gameplay until...you know, you've played the game.

I'm not sure what to expect, I hope it's improved of course. But who knows.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakHusker
I don't know, I won't make judgment on gameplay until at least the demo drops. You can't judge gameplay until...you know, you've played the game.

I'm not sure what to expect, I hope it's improved of course. But who knows.
oh i know and i somewhat agree. We're all old enough and have been around long enough and followed through these forums the games in the past and can get a really good sense of how the game plays from hearing from those that test it and seeing videos ourself. Sure you do need to play the game yourself but for the most part you can get a sense of how big of an improvement there is just by what we see and hear about.

From everything i can see it is looking like a slight improvement this year gameplay wise meaning some more animations and tweaked line play with big additions made to the features like coaching carousel, custom conferences, RTG, coaching customization.

I'm not saying i won't love the game and i'm already paid in full so ive already decided i'm buying it but it just feels like the focus this year was 25% gameplay 75% features. It could be to make up for when they really worked on the gameplay last year and didn't do much with the features so last year might have been the reverse. Its just the feeling i'm getting.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
Rookie

HuskAir's Arena

OVR: 5

It never receives the gameplay fixes/improvements that it needs...so I've lost faith in EA. It's really a bummer that this is the only college football game on the market... and as a result, will be a release day or later decision for me.

The demo last year felt 10x different than the current product. It felt fluid, smooth, and overall had a good impression on me. Now the game feels robotronic... and judging by this year's videos, it looks the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I agree it's too early to say. While they haven't added much to gameplay what they have added will be huge if it works properly. The added consecutive tackles, improved zones, QB should scramble(concerned about if this works and the logic behind it), momentum*with respect to weight*(concerned about if it works), and reduction in suction #thatrhymed#. If all this works these are major upgrades.

I rather quailty over quantity any day. Nothing worst than the days of them throwing in a bunch of non-sense that doesn't make it to the next cycle.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I for one hope they fixed the god awful psychic play calling.
OKC Thunder
Old 06-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hype Iz Real
I for one hope they fixed the god awful psychic play calling.
If you aare talking about he CPU playcalling, then 1000% agree.
It killed the fun of option plays. Alot of times I had to change from a Run play to a Pass play because CPu knew where I was running and they would blitz the correct hole 8/10 times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »