Home

CB RTG

This is a discussion on CB RTG within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CB RTG

Has anyone tried playing a cornerback in RTG? I find it the most BS rtg player I've ever played. My main problem is NO ONE throws to me. No one, every game I get maybe 2-3 throws to me period. The next is I'm playing for LSU and I want to start, 5th string ATM, I do every practice rep. The problem, 3/4 of the snaps are runs and when he does throw it he dumps it short and once again, NO THROWS to me. Anyone have any suggestions how to play this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #2
Rookie

ThuggyD55's Arena

Re: CB RTG

Same here bro.
It's BS for pretty much all of the defensive positions.
I try a defensive RTG every once in a while to give it another try, but I get the same results:
1. Nobody ever throws in your direction.
2. You can't get past the D-line fast enough and if you do the QB gets rid of the ball right before you hit him.
3. If someone touches the ball carrier before you tackle him or after you tackle him, it doesn't count as your tackle.
So, I just stick to offense.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:02 AM   #3
Banned

tlew09's Arena

You have to bait the QB and jump the route.. I'm still in HS so maybe it's different in college, but I've had two pick 6's playing CB. I thought it was pretty fun.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:06 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlew09
You have to bait the QB and jump the route.. I'm still in HS so maybe it's different in college, but I've had two pick 6's playing CB. I thought it was pretty fun.
Elaborate on baiting and jumping please.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:08 AM   #5
Rookie

ThuggyD55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlew09
What difficulty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmil53
Elaborate on baiting and jumping please.
You have to be pretty far from the WR and then when you see the QB start to throw the ball, try and jump in the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2012, 02:11 AM   #6
Banned

tlew09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThuggyD55
What difficulty?

You have to be pretty far from the WR and then when you see the QB start to throw the ball, try and jump in the way.
All-American. I always stay behind the WR.. Play back some too. It's most effective on out routes and over the middle. Just keep your eye on the QB, he'll tell you everything you need to know.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #7
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Baiting can work, but it becomes cheap. The real problem with defense is you can only play one way.

As has been said, you MUST be an interception machine to be considered a good corner or safty. Being a complete shutdown guy where they just know don't throw your way wont work.

Honestly, I'm not envious of the guy who has to program RTG for defense because defense is far more passive, imo, than offense. Thus stats dont mean as much on defense as they do for an offensive player. (blockers don't reeally count either).
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #8
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

I had a beast of a SS that played for Temple, I had around 12 INT's. You have to be on point whenever the ball comes near. They throw my way around 4 times every two games and at least one of those is a pick.

It was the first time I played a RTG position other than RB and I really enjoyed it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »