Home

Will NCAA 13 address these issues? Actually make online play fun?

This is a discussion on Will NCAA 13 address these issues? Actually make online play fun? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #17
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Will NCAA 13 address these issues? Actually make online play fun?

The worst argument about this is "there will always be cheaters/glitchers so just give up". BS, EA could at the very least slow this down. And I don't mean just banning their PSN, because they'd be right back at it. They need to ban their IP and MAC addresses. The top 100 should consist of the users with the best skill & gameplanning. It shouldn't be a contest of who can cheese the best.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #18
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

There will always be cheaters and cheesers in online play. It is not BS. It is a problem with any online game. Unfortunately some people are really that obsessed with their leader board status instead of just having fun. I used to think online gaming was the thing of the future. Now I do not even care to the point that I only play games against the cpu.
Don't expect EA to start banning people left and right. Those people are their customers too. It is wishful thinking but you have to think like a business and not like a gamer.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
The worst argument about this is "there will always be cheaters/glitchers so just give up". BS, EA could at the very least slow this down.
Exactly right, there will always be home burglaries but does that mean we go out and leave our doors unlocked and open? Hell no. EA can't ever squash all this stuff but they could do a far better job than they are now and they could also develop ways for the communities to police themselves.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Don't expect EA to start banning people left and right. Those people are their customers too. It is wishful thinking but you have to think like a business and not like a gamer.
I personally am not asking for them to be banned. Just let us expose them for what they are and then I can choose to play against sensible folks is all I'm asking for.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #21
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I personally am not asking for them to be banned. Just let us expose them for what they are and then I can choose to play against sensible folks is all I'm asking for.
Without EA banning/suspensions, guess it's going to fall on the community then.

Will NCAA 13 implement upgraded online communities with actual lobbies? If so, we are probably stuck policing ourselves and having to come up with our own reporting system too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #22
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
The worst argument about this is "there will always be cheaters/glitchers so just give up". BS, EA could at the very least slow this down. And I don't mean just banning their PSN, because they'd be right back at it. They need to ban their IP and MAC addresses. The top 100 should consist of the users with the best skill & gameplanning. It shouldn't be a contest of who can cheese the best.
LOL it isn't an argument. It's an observation. Find an online ranked leader board without cheesers/glitchers and post it please.

Your idea is not feasible due to the subjective nature.

In my opinion the only way to make things suitable is to eliminate exploits and glitches. Personally I don't see that happening.

If you choose to play online ranked games you subject yourself to this garbage. If you care about your W-L ask EA if they will keep both a ranked and unranked W-L record. That's an idea

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 05-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #23
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

I see no point in unranked. Only time I ever played unranked was when I was testing out my new CPBs. Like I said it's pointless because everyone I played quit once I got up 14-21 to 0.

We. Need. USER PROFILES.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Like I said it's pointless because everyone I played quit once I got up 14-21 to 0.

This happens in ranked games too...maybe not as much and maybe with a lot of freeze glitches, pulled connections and other things thrown in for good measure, but it happens a ton...about 25-30% of all games that I have "won" have come via the quick quit - down 14 in the first quarter or half.

The solution is going into this with eyes wide open....KNOW, don't just think, know that online ranked play = online ranked cheats, exploits and varied levels of douchery. Find and join online communities that enforce gameplay rules to your liking or brave the wilderness. I would never quit or expect to be quit on in some leagues and sites I have been, but in the "wild"? Its about 67% waste of time (glitcher, cheater, quitter) and 33% good experiences (guys who at least finish the game, less glitching, less idiocy, etc.).

The one thing I will say that is sorely missing is the old lobby system from the PS2 days - where you could view who was in a lobby even if it was password locked. That way, if you knew the people in the room, you get the password and join up without separate lobbies or anything else...communities in Madden are great, but they are so fractured that most of them now are dead and useless. We need a generalized one - something like "tourney-style lobby", "franchise lobby" and "simulation-stye" / "hard-core simulation style" (no user control / coach mode)... The idea of "east", "west" was useful when dial-up and distance was a concern. As broadband has expanded, and with these systems that is less an issue than gameplay styles...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »