Home

NCAA 13 is this a flaw?

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 is this a flaw? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #1
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6
NCAA 13 is this a flaw?

I think I've discovered something about NCAA 13 that I don't think a lot of people have picked up on.

Does anyone remember in a webcast where they showed all the different head and hair options they added? Long hair for white guys. And normal length dreads.

But during all the gameplay I haven't seen a single player with those types of hair. The only hair I've seen are the dreads from 12.

So what I'm thinking is, that the hair and face you pick for your player only show up during cutscenes with the players helmet off. Where your player has his helmet on he has just another generic face.

I also noticed that during the heisman webcast that the only time you saw the custom berry head was when his helmet was off. (con toss) and durning the cutscene where he is running through the tunnel he has just a normal face. It's not the custom head.

If I am correct then this is a real crappy thing to do. But I can see EA doing this. Saying they added all these hair types but you only see them when the player has their helmet off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA 13 is this a flaw?

The heads were for the crowd cutscenes. People saw what they wanted to see in that webcast.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:42 AM   #3
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Hmm, interesting observation. Would be interesting to see if that is what they do. When they showed Barry with his helmet off during the coin toss, I didn't think he looked all that much like Barry Sanders but before the game started and his player model was standing there, he did.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:54 AM   #4
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

i havent seen ANY different in game hair lengths as of yet...and i am not surprised one bit..they dont care what we want...PERIOD
Old 06-01-2012, 07:01 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

It is a FOOTBALL game. Who cares what their faces look like while you are running a play. You aren't really going to be able to see faces during a play any way. I'd much prefer that the actual football aspects play better; not whether my long haired lineman has long hair all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #6
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
i havent seen ANY different in game hair lengths as of yet...and i am not surprised one bit..they dont care what we want...PERIOD
Of all the missing features in The NCAA series, this is the one that makes you think they don't care?
Old 06-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #7
Rookie

Tyler_Bullard's Arena

OVR: 4

Wait for next week is all I'm gonna say.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #8
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
It is a FOOTBALL game. Who cares what their faces look like while you are running a play. You aren't really going to be able to see faces during a play any way. I'd much prefer that the actual football aspects play better; not whether my long haired lineman has long hair all the time.
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR, YOU FEMALE DOG!!!! That goes for everyone that liked that comment too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »