Home

OS Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 13 Edition

This is a discussion on OS Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 13 Edition within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 13 Edition

There's just a little too much awesome on the field with this one as Editors Chris Sanner and Dustin Toms spar off on NCAA Football 13 and issues such as dynasty mode's staleness, studio updates, and whether NCAA 13 was actually NCAA 12.5. Check out all of the shenanigans after the jump.

Read More - OS Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 13 Edition
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: OS Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 13 Edition

Good read. I agree with it feeling like NCAA 12.5. I placed NCAA 12 up until NCAA 13 was released. When I started playing NCAA 13 even my girlfriend asked me what was different about the game because it looked the exact same lol. Maybe EA was holding back in 13 and is making a big leap forward in 14. I like the improvements they added to this year's game and the game is still enjoyable, but I just feel like they are holding back the creativity this game deserves. Many of us remember the old gen days when you had cover magazines in dynasty, player suspension, in game scores (which I'm glad they brought back), and other little things that made some of the NCAAs on the old gen systems one of the bests to date. I'm not saying they need to bring some of that back. I'm just saying they need to be more creativity and get in to the mind of a college football fan and realize the potential this game could have with the right additions. EA just needs to think outside their normal box, which seems pretty small at times, and just continue to add to an already good base game.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
Rookie

texasgmr's Arena

OVR: 19
Great read guys!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
I have played the game but had not purchased. This article just cemented my decision to skip this year. Very well done article.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20
two words: unrealized potential. i like the game, total control passing is definitely nice, but i can't help but (naively?) hope that next gen is where they take the next big step.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

People that actually consider themselves writers should feel ashamed to use hackneyed terms like "12.5". That's so middle school and bereft of even the slightest bit of thoughtfulness.

Even with versions of games that I have absolutely hated, and stopped playing in less than a week, I never though of a game as ".5", it's such a disingenuous critic. Not liking a version is great, but criticize with some rigor, and not platitudes.

OS has banned certain buzzword from the site because of their inanity, this should be another one.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2
NCAA is a good football sim = fiction.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #8
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I agreed with pretty much everything except that penalties can't ever be simulated realistically.

I think once we get physics in the mix, it may come to fruition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »