Home

Some small that I've always wished EA would do in this game!

This is a discussion on Some small that I've always wished EA would do in this game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Something small that I've always wished EA would do in this game!

There are times when I like to recruit myself and put in all the effort. Then a week or two later, once I have my board put together, I like to sim. But what I hate, and wish EA would fix in this game is that when simming, I wish the cp would only use the points for players on my board, and not go out and add people to the board.

For instance, say I only have 10 people on my board. When simming or skipping recruiting for a week, I wish the computer would just assign all the points to just those players on the board.

Anybody ever notice stuff like this?

Also, to be another broken record, it would be sweet if we could start recuiting and scouting players when they are Jr's in high school at the least. Maybe even sophs like how EA college hoops use to do it.

Last edited by Aztec4Life; 01-30-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
Rookie

BV11's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Some small that I've always wished EA would do in this game!

Turn off recruiting board assistance.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
Turn off recruiting board assistance.
If you turn it off, it means the cpu doesn't help recruit at all. I've tried this. Put together a board, had recruiting assistant off and then sim it for the season and none of the players get recruited nor sign.

Im talking about the cpu helping you recruit but only for the guys on the board, and not add, subtract or use the points elsewhere. Regardless if its just one guy on there or 35.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
Rookie

BV11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec4Life
If you turn it off, it means the cpu doesn't help recruit at all. I've tried this. Put together a board, had recruiting assistant off and then sim it for the season and none of the players get recruited nor sign.

Im talking about the cpu helping you recruit but only for the guys on the board, and not add, subtract or use the points elsewhere. Regardless if its just one guy on there or 35.
Whenever I turn it off it just doesn't add/remove players from my board, but they still recruit whichever players I have on there if I sim.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
Rookie

dude_man123's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Doesn't it go off what you recruited though? For instance, you use 60 minutes 1 player, and then sim it the rest of the way, doesn't the CPU use 60 minutes every week?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

There's 3 types of CPU assistance.
  1. Recruiting Board Assistance
  2. Scholarship Offer Assistance
  3. Visit Assitance
(1) has the CPU add/remove people to your board. Turn this off.
(2) has the CPU offer schollies for you. I would never use this, but if you only have guys on your board that you want to offer I suppose you could turn this on.
(3) has the CPU handle visits. I've played with this and I don't think they actually decide when visits will be made. I'd guess it just picks the 3 best pitches during weeks that you yourself have setup visits. I know the least about this one so take this with a grain of salt.

Regardless of what you have on/off, the CPU will always use up all of your recruiting time if you have time left. They can't sign anyone if you have (2) turned off, but they'll still recruit for you. I always have all assistance off but when I'm towards the end of the year and only have a few guys left where I'm in 1st place, I don't bother talking to them and the CPU will still recruit them for me. This is obvious because I go from ~75% to full interest on the guys on my board.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
There's 3 types of CPU assistance.
  1. Recruiting Board Assistance
  2. Scholarship Offer Assistance
  3. Visit Assitance
(1) has the CPU add/remove people to your board. Turn this off.
(2) has the CPU offer schollies for you. I would never use this, but if you only have guys on your board that you want to offer I suppose you could turn this on.
(3) has the CPU handle visits. I've played with this and I don't think they actually decide when visits will be made. I'd guess it just picks the 3 best pitches during weeks that you yourself have setup visits. I know the least about this one so take this with a grain of salt.

Regardless of what you have on/off, the CPU will always use up all of your recruiting time if you have time left. They can't sign anyone if you have (2) turned off, but they'll still recruit for you. I always have all assistance off but when I'm towards the end of the year and only have a few guys left where I'm in 1st place, I don't bother talking to them and the CPU will still recruit them for me. This is obvious because I go from ~75% to full interest on the guys on my board.

Thanks. I feel like an idiot. I've been playing this for years and always been avoiding having my recruiting assistant on because a few times I have tried it, it messed up a lot of my stuff, and then times that I've turned it all off and simmed, i didn't get any commits. Guess that was do to other factors. thanks

Oh and another thing that is on the top of my head that I wish the game would put in is an idea I got from college hoops 2k8. I wish in ncaa football you can put players on different teams on the main menu (pre any dynasty modes) College hoops lets you do this an it is an amazing feature.

A lot of people will say that it will take away from the reality of the game but I think that is a stupid statement. I do agree loading default rosters still for online games and dynasties, but I am talking about our own personal offline dynasties. I always have a realistic dynasty, and then after a while I like to create different scenarios to make the game interesting, or just to see what it is like. I think EA should allow this on the games.

Like for instance, on college hoops, I tried a legacy with all the incoming #1 recruits of each position. It was a pretty cool dynasty.

so with EA, I've always wanted to have a dynasty where I have the #1 qb recruit for that year, and the top 4 or 5 wr's. Or have my defense have all the top freshman from that incoming recruiting class.

It's a video game, completely fantasy, so I think the rosters and such should be like an open source and completely customizable. AGAIN, this would be only active for offline individual dynasties, NOT online play and dynasties.

Anybody ever want to try something like that? I love it on college hoops 2k8 and it makes the game more enjoyable creating different roster scenarios and such.

And again, lol, Outside of my realistic and non "cheating" dynasties, I like to create different scenarios with the roster and try a dynasty with them and I've always wanted to pair certain players together who in real life went to two different schools. Or a player that my team just missed out in signing in real life, or never had a shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »