Home

Is NCAA14 Ultimate Team going to be a clone of Madden UT?

This is a discussion on Is NCAA14 Ultimate Team going to be a clone of Madden UT? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
Rookie

dmac's Arena

OVR: 3
Is NCAA14 Ultimate Team going to be a clone of Madden UT?

I love FIFA's ultimate team mode but I tried Madden's in 13 and it is frankly **** compared to the FIFA version (which I am under the impression NHL uses as well). Since this is also a football game I am going to assume they are going to use the Madden version but do we know if they are going to make any improvements to it? The auction house in Madden is awful compared to FIFA and it would be nice if you didn't have to make a full roster (Madden requires 50+ players active at a time based on the real life roster requirements, imagine being required to have 85 players!) even though that takes away a little realism with respect to subs and whatnot. But this isn't real football it's a video game -- at MOST a 2-deep should be required.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is NCAA14 Ultimate Team going to be a clone of Madden UT?

I'm pretty sure the active roster is 55 or whatever Madden's is. I think that it will be similar to last year's MUT but probably a little improved with a few tweaks here and there. I don't think you have to have all 55 to play a game but I could be wrong, however 55 players is pretty much a 2-deep roster.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

Yeah, 24 positions times two is 48, throw in that different formations use different numbers of TEs, RBs and WRs (let alone defensive positions like nickleback and dime back) and 55 is a good minimum.

I don't believe it takes a game off a players contract if he doesn't play, also, so having backup players at a position won't hurt you.

As far as whether its a clone, it looks pretty similar. I don't remember there being promotion/relegation leagues in madden but I could be wrong; I only played it for a bit.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

The way guys cheat on MUT and post it in the forums makes me think it will be ruined shortly. These guys make it no secret they cheat. Has to be a way to stop it. They could make a ton more money if people knew they could play a game and it be legit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »