Home

Do the lift numbers annoy anyone else?

This is a discussion on Do the lift numbers annoy anyone else? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2017, 01:09 PM   #1
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Do the lift numbers annoy anyone else?

It's just something I've found mildly annoying since I've started lifting a bit for basketball. Like when I see a bench number 200 pounds higher than a squat number, or guys coming out that bench like 145, squat 190. I know it correlates to attributes, but it just looks weird to me a lot of the time with the lower rated guys having such weird numbers.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2017, 10:43 PM   #2
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Do the lift numbers annoy anyone else?

Yes, I find it super annoying and really just try and ignore it.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:29 PM   #3
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

meh, there's lots of factors, and tons of backstories.

I'm an avid lifter, but I suffered a few knee injuries from my football days and therefore don't push it on leg workouts. I can bench press 350, but I never go more than 225 on squat due to those previous injuries. Sure, I rep it out a lot, but I sure as hell can still bench more lol. So I make up a story they have a similar thing, torn ACL etc etc.

As far as the super low numbers, I always make up stories behind them too. Guys like T.Y. Hilton who were speedsters or had a good football mind, but were just undersized/underdeveloped at 17-18. Usually by the sophomore year, I add some weight and strength. Almost like hormones finally kicked in. That how I was. 6'3", 170 lbs no matter how hard I worked in high school. Second year of college, suddenly the hormones kicked in and I bulked up to 225 over 18 months.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-11-2017, 02:16 PM   #4
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
meh, there's lots of factors, and tons of backstories.

I'm an avid lifter, but I suffered a few knee injuries from my football days and therefore don't push it on leg workouts. I can bench press 350, but I never go more than 225 on squat due to those previous injuries. Sure, I rep it out a lot, but I sure as hell can still bench more lol. So I make up a story they have a similar thing, torn ACL etc etc.

As far as the super low numbers, I always make up stories behind them too. Guys like T.Y. Hilton who were speedsters or had a good football mind, but were just undersized/underdeveloped at 17-18. Usually by the sophomore year, I add some weight and strength. Almost like hormones finally kicked in. That how I was. 6'3", 170 lbs no matter how hard I worked in high school. Second year of college, suddenly the hormones kicked in and I bulked up to 225 over 18 months.
I'll probably do that for my players, add weight and some strength.

I'm hoping I can bulk up for real. I'm bout to be a HS junior, 6'1, like a buck 55. So hard to put on weight for me.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:05 AM   #5
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Personally don't want backstories, just want decent looking numbers to plug in there. But instead of working toward that I just don't ever report that stuff or even look at it really unless I'm adding recruits to my list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2017, 06:34 PM   #6
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
I'll probably do that for my players, add weight and some strength.

I'm hoping I can bulk up for real. I'm bout to be a HS junior, 6'1, like a buck 55. So hard to put on weight for me.

you sound like you are built like I was in high school lol. Work hard in the weight room, hopefully the size and strength kick in sooner for you than it did for me!

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »