Home

How to choose a team for Career mode...

This is a discussion on How to choose a team for Career mode... within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2014, 12:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How to choose a team for Career mode...

Hey folks, I am recently new to FIFA 14 and ps4. Got my PS4 a few months ago and pulled the trigger on FIFA 14 to tie me over until FIFA 15 because of the World Cup going on at the time and I had the "itch." I just want to know how most of you guys choose a team to play with? Do you choose a lower tier team to build up along with your created self as manager? Do you choose your favorite team and strike dominance in the Premier League, La Liga, etc. with teams like Real Madrid or Man U. I am a Man U fan and I believe it wouldn't be as much fun starting my career off at that level. I've always played Madden and NCAA football and like the path from scrub to great path. Just curious as do you guys take a lower tier team across seas? Or do you try to dominant in the MLS before accepting higher level jobs? I know MLS is restricted on the diversity of play but I can't help but think building an American powerhouse to then accept a dream job at a top tier team a pretty good path. But please feel free to explain how you guys keep your career path exciting and fun.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 08:29 AM   #2
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: How to choose a team for Career mode...

I think that it depends on how much you think you will be playing the game.

This late in the year I usually try and pick a top club and try for an instant championship, and if I get it, how many more. Earlier in the game cycle is when I try and build up from the bottom.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:56 PM   #3
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How to choose a team for Career mode...

I agree with the post above. With 15 right around the corner I would pick a top tier team and try to dominate and just have fun with it. Or use this time as a "trial" period and try playing with a few different teams to see who you enjoy so then once 15 comes you have a team to start with.

I started 2 careers a while back. One with an MLS team and one with my favorite team (Spurs). My Spurs one I take realistically and try to win every year. The MLS one I had fun with the Galaxy, made transfers that might not be realistic but I wanted to try anyways, then moved on to La Liga just to give that a shot.

Best advice is to just play around with it, find out what league you like best, (MLS is cool with the ESPN logo), maybe find some young prospects you enjoy so you can keep track of them in 15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »