Home

Anyone go back to 15?

This is a discussion on Anyone go back to 15? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2015, 11:38 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Anyone go back to 15?

I have never really found myself "raging" or getting frustrated with Fifa until the 16 version.

So I spent about 2 hours with each game going back and forth and found even with its fault, Fifa 15 was a more sound game with a lot less randomness and more control.

Anyone else go back?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2015, 02:47 PM   #2
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Anyone go back to 15?

FIFA 15 was the most disappointing, one-dimensional, bland, and uninspiring version of FIFA I think I've ever played. FIFA 16 is one of the most compelling, surprising, and enjoyable. Despite five patches and frustrating the slider-tweaking community, EA have not succeeded in ruining 16.

Therefore, no.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:34 PM   #3
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
FIFA 15 was the most disappointing, one-dimensional, bland, and uninspiring version of FIFA I think I've ever played. FIFA 16 is one of the most compelling, surprising, and enjoyable. Despite five patches and frustrating the slider-tweaking community, EA have not succeeded in ruining 16.

Therefore, no.
This. A million times over.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:30 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:

Therefore, no.
I guess I just don't see it but I mainly play online where responsiveness and timing is critical.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:34 AM   #5
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

Quote:

Therefore, no.
FIFA 16 still has the legacy issues has in 15.

However, EA has taken the extra step and fixed manager mode in 16 so you can't influence the insane board expectations so you can get fired at the drop of a hat.

So to recap... FIFA 16 didnt fix:
-Loose ball glitch in 5 patches
-Terrible roster management by AI (theres actually no rhyme or reason its just random)
-Total lack of transfers resulting in 5 years out teams being identical save a couple spots
-CPU still cant cross
-CPU still scores free kicks from mid field 30-40% of the time
-Difficulty levels are totally screwed up
-CPU passing is Barcelona like for even 1 star teams
-Still have canned animations when players interact

Yep. 16 is a real masterpiece leaps and bounds beyond 15. If you can ignore the dozens of legacy issues that persist year to year.

In the end I find myself playing fps games again, racing games. I think for me sports games are becoming a chore. EA has decided to dedicate itself so hard to micro transactions and online experience they've left me and many others behind. So I'll start spending my dollars elsewhere. I have a hard time envisioning myself buying an EA Sports product next year.

Last edited by Resurrection403; 12-19-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2015, 12:04 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
So to recap... FIFA 16 didnt fix:
-Difficulty levels are totally screwed up
-CPU passing is Barcelona like for even 1 star teams
-Still have canned animations when players interact

Yep. 16 is a real masterpiece leaps and bounds beyond 15....

In the end I find myself playing... racing games. I think for me sports games are becoming a chore. EA has decided to dedicate itself so hard to micro transactions and online experience they've left me and many others behind....

I sliced and diced the post above to emphasize my problems with FIFA 16. There have been improvements in a number of areas, but at the cost of the overall enjoyment of the game. If the gap in difficulty levels can be bridged (between Pro and World Class) I could appreciate the game more. Simply put, Pro is too easy, World Class is a couple of clicks too hard.

Offline single-player gameplay gets shorted. Ultimate Team is the cash cow and is the main focus. Online battles between Real and Barca come close behind.

Project CARS and Forza will get more of my attention over the winter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »