Home

Manual Shooting Discussion

This is a discussion on Manual Shooting Discussion within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Manual Shooting Discussion

I just wanted to start a discussion about manual shooting ...

I am playing full manual on semipro difficultly. I am doing better at maintaining possession and I am doing better at getting my passing completion percentage around 70% (these two are probably related). I keep winning 1-0 in games where I have lots of shots (10-15) but very few on target (3-5). And the CPU is only getting 3 or 4 shots per game. I want to move up to professional - but my offense is holding me back.

So - what do I need to be concentrating on to get more shots on net?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Manual Shooting Discussion

I wish I could help, but I'm in a bit of a finishing rut on manual in my Forest MM. In the five or so games since I went to manual shooting, I think I've scored two goals and my 1-0 loss in my last game of the night yesterday was the epitomy of wasted chances. Luckily I managed to keep a few cleansheets to pick up a few points.

FWIW, I scored four goals in two games with Arsenal on manual, so perhaps it's tied in part to player quality. Oh well, I said I was looking for a way to up the ante without having to go to Legendary and it appears I succeeded...
Old 07-21-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I wish I could help, but I'm in a bit of a finishing rut on manual in my Forest MM. In the five or so games since I went to manual shooting, I think I've scored two goals and my 1-0 loss in my last game of the night yesterday was the epitomy of wasted chances. Luckily I managed to keep a few cleansheets to pick up a few points.

FWIW, I scored four goals in two games with Arsenal on manual, so perhaps it's tied in part to player quality. Oh well, I said I was looking for a way to up the ante without having to go to Legendary and it appears I succeeded...
Manual shooting takes ratings into account. It would have made my magical Forest ride much harder but oh well. I think for '10 I will start MM out on all manual. I shouldn't be able to progress my team as fast.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Manual shooting is only 5 directions. Semi gives more variety.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Someone at the FIFA UK boards offered this advice ...

=====
There's a few tricks I use for manual shooting. I've been doing it for a while(since 07), so I'm pretty good at it I'd say. Be warned though it's a tough slope to climb.

1. Much like shooting in semi, make sure you are not sprinting when you're going to shoot. I only shoot when sprinting if I'm 1 on 1 with the keeper and the defense is pressuring me. If i have at least a little bit of space I'll usually slow then aim.

2. "curl" your shots. What i mean by this is, when charging up your shot, your player doesn't change direction, so you can still move the analog stick to place your shot when you're charging it up. It's a small window because you don't want to overpower your shot, but you can be more precise this way.

3. Be aware of your player's position in relation to the goal, and whether or not he's under pressure. These have a huge effect on a shot, especially on manual.

4. Take into account the shooting stats your forwards and midfielders have. Shooting with Ibrahimovic is way easier than shooting with a 'generic player'. For example, long shot are tough on manual. I really only take them with Marcos Senna(i play with villareal) and because I know his shot power stat is high, I barely charge it up and it rockets towards the net with those unrealistic ball physics.

5. under-power your shots when shooting from outside the penalty area. For whatever reason EA made it so that the only feasable way to get a long-shot on net is by tapping the shot button. If you charge it up to even below halfway it flies into the stands.

* I only really have problems with finishing 1v1's against the keeper. The only advice I can give here is to either practise chipping over the keeper as he runs out, or powering it up and blasting it past him. I can place nice low shots as he rushes out sometimes, but they have to be aimed perfect to get past the keeper. Or you can get lucky and he dives the wrong way.
=====

Just adding this to the discussion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

The tap is your friend in FIFA.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:47 PM   #7
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Ok, well I could really use some help. I just rented FIFA again, and am playing pro full manual. I am getting passing down, but finishing is terrible for me. Whenever I go to take a shot I miss wide, be a LARGE margin.

I don't really understand how to aim. Do I use left or right stick? Do I push the stick all the way in the direction I intend to shoot, or just a little? Do I am high and low as well, or do I let the shot power take care of that?

So many questions...

EDIT:

I just beat Lyon 2-0 as Chelsea. Both goals came in the first half by Drogba. This is one of the most gratifying things in a video game I have done in a while. Still need work shooting from outside the box, though...

Last edited by Whitesox; 07-25-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:41 PM   #8
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Well, I have been playing for a while now. And I am ready to pull my hair out. I feel like I have NO control, except in which direction the ball is going to shoot off in. I can't shoot high or shoot low, nothing makes sense!

It doesn't matter if I am standing, trotting, running, sprinting, using pace control, or using the aimed shot. I miss the goal by a wide margin almost every time. Playing in the Arena with De Rossi (Roma), every shot to the left or right misses by a rediculous margin. And in a game situation, where there is pressure, I have no chance. I have scoured the internet for advice, and found very little of it. Someone, please help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »