Home

transfers??

This is a discussion on transfers?? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
transfers??

is it true that if your manager reputation is half a star nobody will sign with your team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: transfers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebread
is it true that if your manager reputation is half a star nobody will sign with your team?
that's some of it. You also need to upgrade your Negotiator as well. Even then it may not be enough to land the best players, depending on what club you manage
Old 07-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

thanks, so it's basically pointless to try to sign anyone when you start manager mode?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebread
thanks, so it's basically pointless to try to sign anyone when you start manager mode?
Pretty much. I doubt you will have a huge budget with any club you start with. I always play in MLS, so I have hardly any budget to start. I was able to sign some good young players for around 2 million after I sold Beckham and upgraded my negotiator. I haven't found the need yet for a big star player. I'm currently in my 2nd year and saving some money and will buy a "big name" player soon though.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:01 AM   #5
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

OVR: 16

IMO it works like this, higher level negotiator will help you convince higher valued players and also get them for less. Your Manager rating and Club rating will determine the player's initial interest in your club. So yeah if you go out and try to sign a high value player from the start odds are he won't come except for maybe a very high price. But don't think that you just can't sign anybody at all because even managing a CCL2 team you should be able to pick up guys around 60 overall and maybe some older 65 with ease.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

When I first started my MM with Arsenal I upgraded my Negotiator to 10/10, and even offered to over pay certain players but I still couldn't get any above average players interest to go over 75% or so. So yeah get your reputation up first.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm having ridiculous problems with transfers too.
I just started an MM with barnet in league 2, and even paying low 60's overall players 133% what they're worth with 85% interest, i just get "the NY red bulls think your offer is ridiculous" "Accrington Scoff at your offer"
Old 07-20-2010, 09:45 PM   #8
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Hmmm. Strange. I use LA Galaxy and have signed several high 60's and low 70's players and didn't even break the bank. My negotiator is at an 8 and my reputation is like 2 stars only. Might be because I have Donovan?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »