Home

Are You Buying FIFA?

This is a discussion on Are You Buying FIFA? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #89
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Are You Buying FIFA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerDanjo
40% commercial, 40% football, and 20% garbage "analysis". At least soccer isn't 100% commercialized like the NFL.
There is only 11 minutes of action during a telecast. 11 minutes for 3 hours. It is boring . . .

Also, what is up with the NFL not allowing us to see DB play? Anyone that has read Pro Football Prospectus knows what I am referring to. The best view to watch a football game is actually from the second/third deck. I do not care about seeing the player faces. Tired of the soap operas and everything else brought about during a telecast.

Last edited by reo; 09-22-2010 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Add.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #90
Banned

OVR: 22

I admit, I watched the WC this past year with an open mind, and was very intrigued, and caught my self watching a complete game from start to finish for the 1st time in my life.

There is one thing I have an issue with though. And that's the offsides rule. I find it BS that the defense can in escense be rewarded for playing bad defense. They let a player get behind them, all is well, because he can't recieve the ball or else it's offsides. If they really want to appeal to a larger audience, and open the game up some, they would remove offsides from soccer. Or at the very least do what hockey does and have a zone, that you can't enter unless the ball is already in it. Oh and make it a full on contact sport, like hockey. I find my self watching indore soccer when it's on. I guess that's just cause I'm American, thus have a need for high octane action.

Also, back to Fifa, I'm glad they also added the hand ball rule after how long? Hopfully, unlike the demo, it's not off by default online.

Last edited by GreenReign86; 09-22-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #91
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
I admit, I watched the WC this past year with an open mind, and was very intrigued, and caught my self watching a complete game from start to finish for the 1st time in my life.

There is one thing I have an issue with though. And that's the offsides rule. I find it BS that the defense can in escense be rewarded for playing bad defense. They let a player get behind them, all is well, because he can't recieve the ball or else it's offsides. If they really want to appeal to a larger audience, and open the game up some, they would remove offsides from soccer. Or at the very least do what hockey does and have a zone, that you can't enter unless the ball is already in it. Oh and make it a full on contact sport, like hockey. I find my self watching indore soccer when it's on. I guess that's just cause I'm American, thus have a need for high octane action.

Also, back to Fifa, I'm glad they also added the hand ball rule after how long? Hopfully, unlike the demo, it's not off by default online.
That isn't bad defense if a club forces someone in the offside position it's strategy. They play in a line and they try to bait the attacking side to get offsides.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #92
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

I pre-ordered a copy yesterday afternoon...only six left days left.

Last edited by Cod; 09-22-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltBhoy33
No one can post where they bought the game early, they can pm you.
then pm me...... LOL
Old 09-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #94
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

A few months ago I was positive I would get it on release day. A few days ago, after some let down with the demo, I decided I may wait. Now, after playing many games of FIFA 10 and realizing how much fun it still is and how 11 has improvements, I decided it's definitely a purchase next Tuesday.

Getting ready to order it now from Gamestop to have in-store pickup.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #95
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

I'd never been a real soccer fan until I bought FIFA 10 last year. I was immediately hooked. Me and my buddies played it all the time last year and loved it. Now I kind of follow soccer. I really got into the WC this summer, and really like watching it if there's a decent game on.

Yes, I will be buying it this year. Preordered from amazon the day the demo came out. Got it for 40, with free release day shipping because of a 20 dollar credit from Reach.

Can't wait for Tuesday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 07:45 PM   #96
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

I'm running to buy it

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »