Home

Is anybody still having fun with this game?

This is a discussion on Is anybody still having fun with this game? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2010, 11:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Is anybody still having fun with this game?

I'm new to soccer gaming and FIFA 11 would be my first soccer video game purchase. I hear a lot of mixed reviews on the message boards, but I also see review sites giving this game a very good score. I know all sports games have bugs and quirks, but what I want to know is anybody still having fun with this game, is it worth buying or should i just buy a used copy of FIFA 10 or just wait until 2012? Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Is anybody still having fun with this game?

yeah it has issues but it is still a fun game. I just created my own group & knockout tournament and having a blast with that. If you're not a big soccer fan, you'd probably be ok with fifa 10 but 11 is much better.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for your thoughts rckabillyRaider. I'm just really on the fence about this game. I just really hope they can fix the tackle system with a patch, thats really the main concern im hearing with the gameplay. Whats EA's history with patching this game?
Old 10-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #4
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdrive03
Thanks for your thoughts rckabillyRaider. I'm just really on the fence about this game. I just really hope they can fix the tackle system with a patch, thats really the main concern im hearing with the gameplay. Whats EA's history with patching this game?
Slightly poor, and by that I mean last year they released two patches and claimed they could only release two. Yet other EA games had released three patches. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

They fix things, though and this year there don't seem to be as many bugs. If the tackling and pressure is fixed, I say it's a must buy. If not, stay on the fence or rent it if you can.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

Yes some issues are present but otherwise it's a solid game, I play it everyday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2010, 06:28 AM   #6
Rookie

Zyco's Arena

OVR: 2

Still?? the game is 2 weeks old!

Love the game, but its my first FIFA in years.. I dont buy any sports game yearly either.

I love the career mode and online play as 1 position
Old 10-13-2010, 08:52 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

No I'm having no fun at all.

Offline the AI for teamates and opposition is poor at best.

The CPU finishing is pathetic on anything below ledgendary and creating chances on ledgendary is obviously very challenging.

However if you are enjoying it and your main problem is cpu aggression / pressure then go into custom tactics for the team you are going to play against and change the aggression and pressure to 20.

This gives you much more time on the ball, good luck to you trying to do something with it though.

I'm considering going back to PES.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:38 AM   #8
Rookie

Really appreciate hearing your thoughts on this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »