Home

I can't wait for FIFA 13

This is a discussion on I can't wait for FIFA 13 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I can't wait for FIFA 13

When I first got FIFA 12 I just couldn't get into it. Something felt "off". However, I have started playing again recently and started up a manager mode for Hotspurs. Finally, I am good enough to play on World Class and can draw most games outshooting the opponent 10-4 normally (yet it is still a draw). I have noticed the more I play the more impressed I become.

I can finally see players making runs; I understand when to change my formations. The on the field gameplay is drastically improved (I HATED FIFA 11's near perfect passing AI robots) with many unpredictable events on the pitch. Individuals players feel different and dictate how I play especially on offense. I have one finesse striker who I work towards in the center and a power header I feed crosses to.

This has been the first sports game this generation that the more I play the more I like it. Normally, the more I play the more flaws I notice (like NBA2k11's AI rarely falling for skills moves and no boxing out); however, I've been finding I'm enjoying this more and more. The previews for FIFA 13 have me excited and I feel that FIFA is on the forefront of sports game advancements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: I can't wait for FIFA 13

FIFA 12 is the only game I play these days, and that's been going on for months now. That said, I won't be buying FIFA 13 until at least next spring when the price comes down, and when modders like Fidel have perfected gameplay mods for it. These sports games are all just too similar to be forking out money for them on an annual basis, and usually don't amount to much more than roster updates. Plus I'm just now starting to perfect FIFA 12's gameplay via edits and tweaks. It'll definitely keep me happy for a long time to come.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyloaf
This has been the first sports game this generation that the more I play the more I like it.
Absolutely relate to that comment. One of the top three sports games to come out on this gen, no doubt.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:30 AM   #4
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyloaf
When I first got FIFA 12 I just couldn't get into it. Something felt "off". However, I have started playing again recently and started up a manager mode for Hotspurs. Finally, I am good enough to play on World Class and can draw most games outshooting the opponent 10-4 normally (yet it is still a draw). I have noticed the more I play the more impressed I become.

I can finally see players making runs; I understand when to change my formations. The on the field gameplay is drastically improved (I HATED FIFA 11's near perfect passing AI robots) with many unpredictable events on the pitch. Individuals players feel different and dictate how I play especially on offense. I have one finesse striker who I work towards in the center and a power header I feed crosses to.

This has been the first sports game this generation that the more I play the more I like it. Normally, the more I play the more flaws I notice (like NBA2k11's AI rarely falling for skills moves and no boxing out); however, I've been finding I'm enjoying this more and more. The previews for FIFA 13 have me excited and I feel that FIFA is on the forefront of sports game advancements.
Funny but thats EXACTLY how i feel . The more i play fifa the more exciting it gets ,it feels like a brand new game for me with every match i play , completely opposing from NBA or MADDEN games ... i cant wait for fifa 13.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think the addition of sliders have really helped FIFA 12. I changed gameplay to slow (this makes it a much better game IMO) and used/tweated some sliders I found here. That made it great. My career mode is so much fun. One of the main reasons I want FIFA13 is the improved first touch controls. But overall I'm enjoying this. I was planning on getting madden with its new Infinity engine but decided I would rather have the impact engine 2.0; unlike many people in my hours of playing I have only had maybe 2 issues with the impact engine not working quite right. Normally it works spectacularly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
Rookie

THE YAMA's Arena

OVR: 10

Agreed. I'm still playing FIFA 12 to this day, and am still enjoying every bit of it. Can't get enough of this series and FIFA 13 only looks to be more promising for us all.
NHL: Tampa Bay Lightning
NCAA: UCF Knights
FIFA: Real Madrid CF

XBL Gamertag: THE YAMA
Old 07-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Absolutely loving this game the more I play it as well. The addition of sliders is what put this game over the top, because i hated fifa 11.

what is amazing to me as well, is when you change camera angles, its like a new game. i love the broadcast camera. my mom came into my room, and thought she was watching a game on TV for a few seconds. this and college hoops 2k8 are my 2 favorite sports game in the last 10 years. and im a big EA sports *****.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #8
Future EA Game Changer

ImaGamer_OS's Arena

OVR: 0

Agree, I cannot wait for FIFA13 to drop. From all reports it's going to be their best release yet. I have pre-ordered the Collector's Edition anticipating that this game will be talked about like NCAA 2005 was/is back in the day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »