Home

why fifa isnt all that great..

This is a discussion on why fifa isnt all that great.. within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 06:05 AM   #1
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Thumbs down why fifa isnt all that great..

I wont argue, Fifa 12 has a decent to great gameplay and it does many things right. But besides things like the crazy tranfers in carrier mode and some that i dont know about since i very much gave up playing this game since this year (been playing it since 1998!) there are 3 things that are bothering me the most. The first is the lack of original stadiums, only the biggest clubs got thier own real life ground. for me its just not fun to play carrier mode with a team which didnt get thier stadium done. it will keep bothering me every single match im at home, completely destryoing every kind of atmosphere.

the second thing is the lack of original cyberfaces, there are just way too few overall. in bigger leagues some top teams have a sufficient amount of real faces, which in fact are looking great in most cases, but below that there is nothing, i say nothing at all. we got 2012 afterall and for me thats totally unexceptable.

the last thing is the lack of presentation, i suppose this is partially due to lack of licences, but with no original adbords and overlays the different competitions just dont feel real. and espcially that they dont have the CL and EL licence is the next bummer. if im playing carrier mode I want some reward for a good season including qualification for the european competitions. but then i get to play the champions cup with no atmosphere at all. its basically no difference between playing a cup final and and preseason friendly against a 3rd division team! then there is this complete lack of sideline characters, no bench with substitutes, players arent warming up, you dont see the coaches giving instrustions during the match and yes the spectators are as ugly as they have always been.

comcluding i want to say, that ea should at least make the modding easier. most of those above mention issues can be solved by mods. but just installing them is a hassle. they should take 2ks mlb2k and nba2k as an example, all you gotta do is to copy and paste if you want to improve/mod your game.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: why fifa isnt all that great..

You're outlining the issues every single EA Sports game has including Madden, NHL and Tiger Woods. So at some point you have to understand that if you're going to buy an EA Sports game, this is what you get. It's really their corporate game design and development "trademark" if you think about it, and has been for a decade now. I doubt it's going to change, and why should it? They make money hand over fist each year releasing the games they currently do now.

The only EA game I ever buy is FIFA because I play on the PC and can mod issues you're identifying here along with many others. I will never buy another EA Sports console game, bottomline.

Last edited by Yeats; 05-28-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
Pro

Lubey's Arena

OVR: 10

I agree some of those areas are lacking, but given that they have a 1 year development cycle, I'd rather them place the emphasis on gameplay every year which they do. From what I've heard creating the stadiums takes an incredible amount of time.

If you want to see bad presentation play NHL. Same exact presentation for the past 3 years.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:08 AM   #4
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

that's what I don't get, how can somebody enjoy such a game with virtually non existing presentation and atmosphere. maybe if you aren't into soccer that much or you at rather a casual gamer just playing some exhibition matches against friends it can work. but if you love soccer and pay career mode everybody has to realise that this game sucks sucks sucks! I'm disgusted by what ea delivers!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Old 05-31-2012, 08:33 AM   #5
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

boggles my mind why people care so much about presentation over gameplay. this isnt baseball where the field makes a difference, so i dont know why people cry so hard over this and all the other fluff that are in sports games.

shouldnt they get the mechanics of the game correct, is that not the most important aspect of sports games ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 08:55 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
boggles my mind why people care so much about presentation over gameplay.
Real talk now:

1. FIFA 12, one of the best sports games ever, period, end of story.
2. Does it have issues? Of course. But it's still one of the best sports games ever, period, end of story.
3. FIFA commentary and presentation: exceptional, and has been for years now. Makes the commentary and presentation in PES and Madden and Tiger Woods look like it was programmed by monkeys.
4. Complaining about the commentary and presentation in FIFA is like complaining that the million dollars someone just gave you is short a buck fifty.

Last edited by Yeats; 05-31-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
that's what I don't get, how can somebody enjoy such a game with virtually non existing presentation and atmosphere. maybe if you aren't into soccer that much or you at rather a casual gamer just playing some exhibition matches against friends it can work.
Or, maybe if you play PES, Madden, Tiger Woods or even The Show to a degree, you'll realize how spectacular FIFA's commentary/presentation is compared with most other sports games.

It's all about perspective and nothing whatsoever to do with being a "casual gamer."
Old 05-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Real talk now:

1. FIFA 12, one of the best sports games ever, period, end of story.
2. Does it have issues? Of course. But it's still one of the best sports games ever, period, end of story.
3. FIFA commentary and presentation: exceptional, and has been for years now. Makes the commentary and presentation in PES and Madden and Tiger Woods look like it was programmed by monkeys.
4. Complaining about the commentary and presentation in FIFA is like complaining that the million dollars someone just gave you is short a buck fifty.
commentary & presentation exceptional?? you kidding me right? is there even any kind of presentation, yes maybe but its still the same as it was in 1998. so is that acceptable? really tell me what contributes to the atmosphere other than the gameplay..
the english commentary is acceptable but boring still. and did any of you guys try an other languages than english? i suppose you havent if you are still saying smth positive abt the commentary. in all languages im able to understand its getting flat out riddiculous. its not only lack of variation but continously things are mentioned that no real life commentator on would earth would dare to tell to his audience.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »