Home

fifa 14, WHY do you NEVER pass the ball where I tell YOU?

This is a discussion on fifa 14, WHY do you NEVER pass the ball where I tell YOU? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
fifa 14, WHY do you NEVER pass the ball where I tell YOU?

Uggghhh, this game is giving me FITS!! In fifa 13, this happened frequently enough. You know, you've got a great opening, you aim your pass, give it the right amount of power, and WTF?? You passed to HIM???? Why?? And, on defense, fifa 14 feels worse to me at ALWAYS changing me into the wrong player and making me jump out of position. Anyone else having these problems, or do most people like this version better? For me, the timing has been thrown WAY off. And, as I said, I feel like 40% of my passes don't go to the guy I'm aiming for. Don't get me wrong. I think this is a good game, and I think in trying to add more control to it, they seem to have given ME less control. And, I was a one touch knock on master with the right stick. They seem to have erased that option by forcing you to sprint in order to knock on. This also has diminished my once formidable abilities. lol. Truly, I'm not bashing the game, but every game I play online raises my blood pressure to feverish levels as the game just never seems to pass to the right guy. Anyways, needed to vent and curious if others feel this way about 14 compared to 13. 13 played extremely well for me and I really enjoyed it, so I suppose you could say i'm a little disappointed with 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
Like Father Like son

ROABS's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: fifa 14, WHY do you NEVER pass the ball where I tell YOU?

Are you using manual controls? I have no real issue passing to who i aim at. Full manual btw
Old 11-08-2013, 01:31 AM   #3
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

I second full manual controls. There are still some minor problems with manual control though. My biggest gripe with manual controls is even though you set move assistance to manual, it still moves your man sometimes, and you must try to cancel.

Once you start to get the hang of manual controls, youll find it much more fulfilling to score and make beautiful passing plays. You can also learn to shoot and make passes in ways that auto controls simply will not allow you to.

I do fully however agree that certain aspects of FIFA 14 are worse, namely the defense switching, as it seems to almost ALWAYS switch to the wrong player. This never used to be that big of a problem. Sure, you can use the right stick to manually select the player you want to control, but its difficult in a tight situation to get the right guy.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:13 AM   #4
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

With manual controls you can't go wrong. Really, the only problem i see regarding passes, is how the offensive AI can be amazingly dumb. They often run towards the defenders instead running into space, and the problem with strikers who refuse to go forward and stay on the midfield, even during counter-attacks, sometimes ignoring your command to make a run.

And i agree with Grallis, manual switching is still a problem, cause the game still switch automatically even with auto-switch disabled.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
Too old for manual FIFA

hedache's Arena

OVR: 4

Yes, as long as you are on full manual, aiming is your problem and not FIFA's. But the passes have issues. I will make a completely accurate pass towards my RB for example, and my RM will start running backwards to that target of that pass from 10-15 yards ahead while the RB is not interested with the ball that's coming towards him, he'll start going past where he'd get the ball and start making a run because in his defense the RM is coming to get the ball. Those situations kill me.

Also agree that the defensive AI is pretty dumbed down this year compared to 13. I used to be able defend better, now I find my players getting dragged into stupid places, not switching right, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #6
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedache
Yes, as long as you are on full manual, aiming is your problem and not FIFA's. But the passes have issues. I will make a completely accurate pass towards my RB for example, and my RM will start running backwards to that target of that pass from 10-15 yards ahead while the RB is not interested with the ball that's coming towards him, he'll start going past where he'd get the ball and start making a run because in his defense the RM is coming to get the ball. Those situations kill me.

Also agree that the defensive AI is pretty dumbed down this year compared to 13. I used to be able defend better, now I find my players getting dragged into stupid places, not switching right, etc.
I agree with all of that, especially the second part. I've experimented with taking control of a single defender for 2 or 3 minutes at a time and it's mind-boggling how stupid my defense will become. Within 30 seconds, the CPU is making simple passes around my box and conceding is inevitable.

Conversely, when I pass a ball into an attacking player, the CPU will collapse with two and sometimes three defenders and very quickly. I wish my AI teammates would do the same. They tend to stand around idiotically unless I'm controlling them.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
Rookie

FIFA13 and 14 seem to have broken manual controls. Or even when setting manual, it does not work sometimes. This happens to me so often I have given up and gone back to assisted everything. I used to love playing everything manual, but something changed and it isn't working right.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Wow, forgot about this thread for a minute. I've been tweaking madden sliders for that goofy game. Anyways, thanks for the posts. I've been playing a bit more online recently and gaining more precision with dribbling and passing is a little better. I may try manual passing and see if that does it. I'd like for that to work as I like to control everything. I think I tried manual passing a few games ago and didn't like the way it turned out. Could totally be my lack of precise control with the sticks, but I've always been pretty solid at FIFA, and the passing is killing me a bit. I mean, really, I tap the pass button to start a fast break to pass to the player within 10 yards of me and instead my player kicks it about 25 yards to the player who of course is offsides. Really? U passed to him? I couldn't even see him! Not even in my field of view. And, if I did, I probably would've seen he was offsides and passes it to the guy closer to me, maybe try and retain a little possession maybe. Haha, anyways, I think I'll try out that manual passing. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »