Home

Orion's Next Gen Full Manual FIFA 14 Slider Set

This is a discussion on Orion's Next Gen Full Manual FIFA 14 Slider Set within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #833
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Orion's Next Gen Full Manual FIFA 14 Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHurley2010
Hey orion,

First off, really enjoy your sliders and how they make the game feel more authentic. I was doing some tinkering with them (had too many games with 4+ goals) and felt the reason could be due to the back line pushing too far up the pitch leaving the defense too vulnerable to the counter. So I made a few edits and would like to have a set of eyes besides my own see if the changes I've made are actually having any effect.

That being said, here are the changes I've made:

Marking (HUM & CPU): 60
Run Frequency (HUM & CPU): 55
Line Height (HUM & CPU): 0
Line Length (HUM & CPU): 50
Line Width (HUM & CPU): 48
Fullback Positioning (HUM & CPU): 30

If anyone wants to try and tell me what they think, awesome. I've played a few games in Ligue 1 with Monaco that have ended 1-1, 2-2 0-1, 0-1, and now 2-0. Been really fun games to play.
I've actually made some changes, onc I moved into a top flight league(the last version was tested exclusively in the Championship), I noticed some things, anyway the changes are:

Game Speed: NORMAL
Sprint 44/44
Acceleration: 48/48
Pass Speed: 52/52
GK Ability: 47/47
Run Frequency: 45/45
Line Height: 49/49
Line Length: 50/50
Line Width: 54/54
First Touch: 53/53

In the end though, any slider set worth its salt is best used as a base for another player to adjust as THEY see fit. If the changes you've made work for you, I'd say keep them!
Old 06-30-2014, 02:45 PM   #834
Rookie

Tommy9017's Arena

OVR: 0

I try reading the entire the thread but only made it to page 10

does anybody have the sliders for 6 min half world class
will really appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-01-2014, 06:07 PM   #835
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy9017
I try reading the entire the thread but only made it to page 10

does anybody have the sliders for 6 min half world class
will really appreciated.

Thanks
Try all default first, it may work just fine with 6 min halves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #836
Rookie

t0tten123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Try all default first, it may work just fine with 6 min halves.
Hi Orion do u use custom team tactic in new gen
Old 07-05-2014, 04:43 PM   #837
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0tten123
Hi Orion do u use custom team tactic in new gen
No, default.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:01 PM   #838
Rookie

I just switched over to these sliders and I'm loving the feel they provide. I would like to pose a couple questions.

To test sliders to see if they fit what I'm looking for, I play the same game over and over and over. At least 4-5 times to get the feel. For this set I chose Celtic vs Dundee United.

First thing is First Touch, I feel like I'm getting some really dodgy first touches on balls that are relatively easy to handle. Conversely, I feel the CPU is pulling balls out of the air left and right? Is there a secret to better first touch? I use L2 for controlled touch, but still see too many go astray. (as you all know that means go from my foot to the nearest CPU player). Anyone have tips in first touch?

Secondly:

Almost immediately, Dundee was pressing hard. I mean end-line to end-line pressure. I struggled through the first game, mostly playing hopeful balls to avoid the constant onslaught.

After the first game, I started the second but checked Dundee's tactics as to make sure they aren't default set to playing crazy pressure. Their pressure setting is at 41. The illustration for it looks as if they should pick up their pressure a bit past the halfway line.

I know this isn't something you changed, and you even knocked a point off line height, bumping it down to 49.

I'm just trying to figure whether this is Dundee changing tactics immediately, or it has to do with their elongated 4-3-2-1 skewing the pressure numbers as their formation stretches further down the field**

**(Footnote: This is because EA doesn't properly program defensive midfielders. Instead of holding and playing in front of the back 4, they press up too often, essentially rendering them as central midfielders. This happens for the human player too. To get a true defensive mid, you have to change workrate and positioning in custom formations)

I know some of it is FIFA being FIFA, but I'm trying to see if I can find a different reason.

Have you guys felt the same thing?

I'm trying to figure out why this is happening?

Is it the long formation? (If that is the case, do all 4-level formations press the entire time?)

Is the team just changing tactics on the fly?

Or is it FIFA is just FIFA and that's the way it is?
Old 07-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #839
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I've actually made some changes, onc I moved into a top flight league(the last version was tested exclusively in the Championship), I noticed some things, anyway the changes are:

Game Speed: NORMAL
Sprint 44/44
Acceleration: 48/48
Pass Speed: 52/52
GK Ability: 47/47
Run Frequency: 45/45
Line Length: 50/50
Line Width: 54/54
First Touch: 53/53

In the end though, any slider set worth its salt is best used as a base for another player to adjust as THEY see fit. If the changes you've made work for you, I'd say keep them!
ORION ,
can you recap the complete slider settings you are using. Speed, mode, all manual or not, PS4 , league? anything that give us good idea of the competition you're playing against. The thread is 83 pages longs I'm starting to lose track. I've been following it for last 2 months and made some tweaks myself.
The slider works for the most part until I tried the new ones release 2 days ago.
my sliders previously were : speed =slow, world class
Sprint: 45/45
Acceleration: 49/49
Shot Error: 50/54
Pass Error: 50/61
Shot Speed 50/50
Pass Speed: 53/53
Injury Frequency: 70/66
Injury Severity: 40/40
GK Ability: 46/46
Marking: 50/50
Run Frequency: 50/50
Line Length: 52/52
Line Width: 53/53
Fullback Positioning: 51/51
First Touch Control: 50/50
Power Bar: 49

Oh by the way I play be a pro in career mode where I control only one player. I"m a CAM but played LM for New England Revolution. They suck bad so I always asked to be on a loan. season 1 went to Seattle and won cup. season 2 I just started and i'm on a loan to Parma in Italian league. Talent is better there and games are more fun but still I don't like the way my team plays sometimes it feels dumb: they don't cross often, loses ball in the box, thru ball only when i call for it, Defenders and goal keeping great though. my player is rating 78 , that's up from 60 I started with.
so guys I know I play differently from most out there any ideas are welcome!
Old 07-10-2014, 12:24 AM   #840
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv25man
I just switched over to these sliders and I'm loving the feel they provide. I would like to pose a couple questions.

To test sliders to see if they fit what I'm looking for, I play the same game over and over and over. At least 4-5 times to get the feel. For this set I chose Celtic vs Dundee United.

First thing is First Touch, I feel like I'm getting some really dodgy first touches on balls that are relatively easy to handle. Conversely, I feel the CPU is pulling balls out of the air left and right? Is there a secret to better first touch? I use L2 for controlled touch, but still see too many go astray. (as you all know that means go from my foot to the nearest CPU player). Anyone have tips in first touch?

Secondly:

Almost immediately, Dundee was pressing hard. I mean end-line to end-line pressure. I struggled through the first game, mostly playing hopeful balls to avoid the constant onslaught.

After the first game, I started the second but checked Dundee's tactics as to make sure they aren't default set to playing crazy pressure. Their pressure setting is at 41. The illustration for it looks as if they should pick up their pressure a bit past the halfway line.

I know this isn't something you changed, and you even knocked a point off line height, bumping it down to 49.

I'm just trying to figure whether this is Dundee changing tactics immediately, or it has to do with their elongated 4-3-2-1 skewing the pressure numbers as their formation stretches further down the field**

**(Footnote: This is because EA doesn't properly program defensive midfielders. Instead of holding and playing in front of the back 4, they press up too often, essentially rendering them as central midfielders. This happens for the human player too. To get a true defensive mid, you have to change workrate and positioning in custom formations)

I know some of it is FIFA being FIFA, but I'm trying to see if I can find a different reason.

Have you guys felt the same thing?

I'm trying to figure out why this is happening?

Is it the long formation? (If that is the case, do all 4-level formations press the entire time?)

Is the team just changing tactics on the fly?

Or is it FIFA is just FIFA and that's the way it is?
TVMan, jeesh it's been a long time! Hell you were the guy(along with Gonira, and Krebstar) who really got the ball rolling with sliders back with FIFA 12, glad your back!
As for your questions, first touch was simply too good at default and long over the top passes were being controlled on the fly much too easily, so dropping the line height and upping first touch was how I attempted to at least control it.
And yes, clubs will change tactics but I'm still not sure about the reasoning, it's just kinda random lol(FIFA 15 allegedly fixes this and the CPU plays much smarter tactically).

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »