Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-25-2015, 10:34 AM   #385
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

I think I'll start a separate thread to talk very specifically and explicitly about problems I'm (we're) seeing with the ramp between Pro and World Class, as I think it's more pronounced than ever before.

Namely, there are two items that seem unlikely to be addressed by merely sliders:

-The CPU has uncanny ability shoulder to shoulder / physically. They play high pressure from end to end, start to finish, all 90 minutes. When you take receipt of the football, they close down with the nearest player not only instantly, but typically the space they have to close is minimal. Conversely, my AI teammates are often 10-15 meters from the CPU players, so I have to immediately take control, then close. When I do close, there is precious little I can do by way of dispossession. This is 100% the same as FIFA 15 from what I can tell. It may actually be worse this year because the CPU does not have this problem.

-Passing efficiency and decision speed: not pace, but rather TEMPO. I notice the CPU teams play with incredible tempo and when they do make choices, they zip the ball around incredibly quickly and accurately. This is definitely mitigated by reduction of Pass Speed, but it's still an issue.

It's up to you guys how we should talk about these issues, whether it's here on the community sliders page or elsewhere. I'm not going to hold my breath for a patch, but I'm feeling pretty cynical about the things I'm observing. I just wish EA would find a more nuanced implementation of difficulty. Instead, it feels like they just turn on the Gimp Human and Buff CPU characteristics which lead to, ultimately, unrealistic looking football. That assertion applies far more significantly to the issue of physicality. I'm gathering from all the feedback we've seen thus far that the physicality issue is prominent for everyone and I'm not losing my mind. With that said, I've tried decreasing the Marking slider and that has no noticeable effect, sadly.

Maybe some year EA will finally give us an explicit slider attributed to tackling and physicality. I think they don't, however, because that's where they apply their secret sauce in terms of difficulty. "World Class, hmmm, what should we do boys? How about a nice cocktail of HGH and steroids for our little CPU minions? Muahahaha..."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 10:36 AM   #386
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleTex82
One thing I've noticed about FT when set to 65 or higher. When set to those numbers, 99℅ of the time the CPU takes a heavy touch, it causes the ball to flip straight up in the air a foot or two. Set to below 65, most of the time the CPU takes a heavy touch it causes a little delay or stagger.

The difference being that when you're closing in on the CPU, and it staggers you have a good chance at a dispossession. When it flips the ball up, its very difficult because the ball is still within the "magnetic field" of the player, youll either tackle aur and the CPU will push the ball past you, or you'll foul them. I tested this over several games, just thought I would share.
This is absolutely true. I also notice that the increase in FT for CPU has not had nearly the same effect it did last year when it comes to being able to nick the ball back from the CPU when they take a heavy touch. They retrieve the ball with extreme levels of success.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:37 AM   #387
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
What difficulty is everyone testing with?
World Class...don't drop the soap.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:38 AM   #388
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

www.twitch.tv/jb12780

Next 2 games are against Leverkusen and Chelsea.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2015, 10:57 AM   #389
Rookie

Stimuli's Arena

OVR: 0

Hello Everybody

Finally got a few games in and I'm not overly impressed/disappointed, As with all Fifa's it takes a while to get a hang of a few things, I played a match or two on the demo so I can't comment on pace being different etc but that doesn't matter as this is the card we have been dealt.

The latest sliders Matt posted are easily the best so far and a solid base to work from, couple of notes from the 4 games I played with them

- The CPU are pressuring too far up the pitch
- First touch control may need lowering slightly
- CPU tackling is too perfect, It's like they grow extra limbs
(tested on Legendary,15min playing as Darmstadt)

Non slider related probably -

Has anyone noticed when they under-hit a pass from defence into midfield the player who was suppose to receive it jogs backwards instead of moving forward on to it? If you have no idea what I'm talking about I can stick it on YouTube.

And now for a moan.... This bloody new no touch dribbling system is a pain the backside, Have you noticed when you're running flat out trying to hit the CPU on a counter and you press L1 (ps4) to force a player into making a forward run it does some stupid animation and interrupts the pace of your player? Valuable time lost

Also have these mofo's at EA removed the stop and face goal technique>?
Old 09-25-2015, 11:11 AM   #390
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grestok
Hello,

Your settings are excellent, but the slow speed bothers me in this episode. I do not know why, but normal speed seems more convincing to me in this last fifa. Do you think that keeping your sliders in course manual with normal speed, and classic and not tactical defense, it could work?

In fact I want to give more dynamism to my matches! Play manual, run the ball, but in a more direct mind ... I do not know if I'm clear, sorry ...

Thank you.

Just zoom in more, it works. The camera changes the fluidity of the match, trust me.

Played a match me being Chelsea against Arsenal with the most recent sliders and it was incredible. I scored an early penalty with Hazard in the 1st half and after that I played the entire match on the counter sitting very deep and the commentator even said it at the end of the match.
I didn't have any of the issues most people have here, I defend pretty well and had in that particular match a very high tackle succesion rate against the cpu, my defense was like a wall, it was really fun. Player instructions are key, really guys. I coudn't record the match but I have some screen caps to prove this. Both Zouma and Cahill got an 8,0 rating and Begovic was man of the match with the 15 slider value.

And no, there was no tiki taka by Arsenal, I was closing pretty much all spaces. It was by no means easy, had 42% and won 2-0 with a late header by Mikel. It looked so realistic, I even made a late change to waist time and spent the last minutes forcing the cpu to foul me. Loved it.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2015, 11:17 AM   #391
Rookie

koebsual's Arena

OVR: 4

Best camera settings? I've been using tele broadcast 10-12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 11:18 AM   #392
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuli
Hello Everybody

Finally got a few games in and I'm not overly impressed/disappointed, As with all Fifa's it takes a while to get a hang of a few things, I played a match or two on the demo so I can't comment on pace being different etc but that doesn't matter as this is the card we have been dealt.

The latest sliders Matt posted are easily the best so far and a solid base to work from, couple of notes from the 4 games I played with them

- The CPU are pressuring too far up the pitch

- First touch control may need lowering slightly

- CPU tackling is too perfect, It's like they grow extra limbs

(tested on Legendary,15min playing as Darmstadt)

Non slider related probably -

Has anyone noticed when they under-hit a pass from defence into midfield the player who was suppose to receive it jogs backwards instead of moving forward on to it? If you have no idea what I'm talking about I can stick it on YouTube.

And now for a moan.... This bloody new no touch dribbling system is a pain the backside, Have you noticed when you're running flat out trying to hit the CPU on a counter and you press L1 (ps4) to force a player into making a forward run it does some stupid animation and interrupts the pace of your player? Valuable time lost

Also have these mofo's at EA removed the stop and face goal technique>?

You just have to get used to it. You can't change direction when pressing L1 now, otherwise your player will do the "no look" dribble from Messi. Just tap L1 while you are moving but don't change direction at the same time, hope it makes sense.

The no touch dribble is really great but only if you hold the right trigger R2 in my case, Hazard is a beast with these and really similar to the real one.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »