Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-09-2015, 08:41 AM   #1577
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benja190782
That's why I use the SADA model to make things more realistic - and it works really well. You actually fear teams like Manchester United, Chelsea etc. But still can have a hard time against Everton and Newcastle United.

5 Star teams: Legendary
4,5 Star teams: World Class
4 Star teams: World Class
3,5 Star teams: Professional
All under 3,5 Stars is Professional.
Do you have a thread discussing this? I'm interested in trying this out... I'm sure others would be too
Old 10-09-2015, 09:13 AM   #1578
Rookie

Benja190782's Arena

OVR: 0

^^
No I haven't made one yet - but maybe I should.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:28 AM   #1579
Rookie

First post here this season - excuse the length of this post.
I waited until after the patch (on Xbox) to spend time on the game. Last night I played a few games post-patch in a throwaway Career Mode. Tried Set B first, instantly loved the way the defending positioning looked, it's identical (or as identical as you're going to get) to real life. I'm Man United, played the first three games of the season, playing between sliders. Made a few notes, first I played Spurs on Set B (pass speed @ 15, run freq. @ 20, cpu pass error @ 65 etc.) -- great first game, I struggled against the high pressure of Spurs under Pochettino, first game of the season, always nervy, I stayed patient. Second half they tired with the pressure, I managed to nick a win.

Then I played Villa with Set A - had to stop at HT, wasn't feeling the story of the game as much.

Next I took on Swansea away, they'd lost the first two games of the season, so I dominated, they were still good on the ball in places, had to be on my toes. Still a dangerous team despite losing the first games of the season. Believable. Again.

Newcastle at home was the next game, again, very believable. I dominated possession, but still had no bite to my attacking play, still trying to figure the best tactics to play. They very rarely entered my final third, they were toothless. The most the game went on the more I got into a good stride, and in the end I managed to score three to see them off.

I've played a few this morning, I was confident in these sliders to start a Career Mode with United for real this time. Pre-season played out nicely. Started off beating Boca Jrs. 4-0 in a comfortable win, as expected. Then Barca played a weak team in the first half of our game, they struggled, but still displayed class. I managed to get a goal and look comfortable, until they lumped on Iniesta, Rakitic, Pique. Suarez fired a great header over my keeper in the last minute counter attack.
It wasn't until the last match against Bayern Munich I used the updated set B sliders (pass error @ 50, run freq. @ 42) where I think we're close to seeing a perfect set of sliders. I played my best XI, they had a few youngsters playing, but had a solid back three of Benatia, Boateng and Badstuber. I used the space on the wings to attack, but couldn't break through. Bayern were dangerous with Muller up top, but it wasn't until Lewandowski came on that the game changed and I was defending for my life, runs being made everywhere from Robben and Muller and co. really braying on the door. They got two goals back to back to put me away. Not mad because I actually want to play this game now, set B are great. Looking forward to see how they play in the BPL - especially after the feel of the games against Spurs and Newcastle last night on the old set B.

Good jobs guys!
Old 10-09-2015, 09:30 AM   #1580
Rookie

Stimuli's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benja190782
^^
No I haven't made one yet - but maybe I should.
If DrGunjah plays on legendary this would not solve his problem with big teams being easier too beat.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:31 AM   #1581
MVP

OVR: 6

Set B; WC; Normal with the run freq, pass speed updates: PERFECT for me.

The lines are terrific, and the pass error with the speed is amazing. Only saw 1 ridiculous cross from the CPU. Played So'ton with Man U and it was a pure joy. Those speaking on premier league speed, this fit the bill to a T. End to end for first 15 and last 15, methodical approaches in between. Two quick goals from Mata and then two late from So'ton including a PK in the 88th to get the draw.

Felt fair, fun and nothing wonky about either team. Will be sticking with these for some time!

Last edited by GoBlue81188; 10-09-2015 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Added
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 09:31 AM   #1582
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGunjah
Had some good matches with set B yesterday. Only problem is like always with fifa in the last years - teams that should be hard, are easy to beat and vice versa. Had a hard fight against Köln (2-1), then wrecked ManU 5-1 in CL (with Bayern). If EA only could get rid off this crap...
Yeah, this is such an annoying problem. Prior to matches I like to check on my opponents form and sometimes I'll do a little scouting by checking out their preferred formation and tactics on SoFIFA. I've tried at times taking a realistic approach, for example by setting up my team to play more aggressive if I'm going up against someone lower rated than me, on poor form, and especially if I'm at home, but it doesn't work well unfortunately. You just never know what you're going to get until you're in the midst of the match in terms of difficulty.

EA really need to focus on their tactical depth. They have a superb foundation in place, but this aspect is such a let down.

And the problem I've found with switching between difficulties based on opponents is that WC and Legendary are so close this year - I've had loads of matches on WC where I had to double check afterwards that I wasn't playing Legendary!
Old 10-09-2015, 09:52 AM   #1583
Rookie

Benja190782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon
Do you have a thread discussing this? I'm interested in trying this out... I'm sure others would be too
Done!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047750975
Old 10-09-2015, 10:49 AM   #1584
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Glad everyone is enjoying the sets.

To be honest, Orion and I are working behind the scenes on another set. The reason is, at least for me, that everyone plays differently - especially defensively - so we want to make sure that every style is covered.

With that said, I want to focus on the goal of having just 1 set, and I know Orion would agree with that. However, I am well aware that 2 sets will be best to cover different play-styles. Bear with us as we hash out the testing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »