Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-12-2015, 08:58 AM   #1777
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Ok, sorry guys I was too busy yesterday and I didn't answer to some of the posts.
First of all let's clear one thing. I totally admire Matt's and Orion's work (and they know it).
I tried to record a CM game with Bandicam but the game became a fest of stutter. I have a 3.5mbps upload connection. Is it possible to stream without problems?
Some answers now:
- This year's FIFA game for the first time since 1996 has the fundamentals of the sport right in its vanilla state.
- The new AI coding is IMO impressive for the likes of EA.
- There are (hard)coded scripts regarding the way the cpu AI plays under certain circumstances and strings/commands that connect the global sliders to the gameplay.
- When a global slider is changed from its default setting it applies for ALL teams AND players of the AI. If someone changes the pass speed from 50 to 18 this value will apply to all teams and players. Tactics and passing abilities will be bypassed. Yes the match will flow to your liking, cpu will play as you want them to play but all their individual tactics and abilities with the ball will be eliminated. The 50 value means the game uses the coded AI. I don't think anyone can deny that every team plays differently with the default value. Does it play realistically? For me maybe yes. For someone else definitely not. If someone watches and loves the MLS surely the game at default settings does not provide a MLS experience. It provides a BPL experience and it would be a BPL sim if they toned down the directness of the cpu passing. You can tone it down via the slider setting but, as I mentioned earlier, you'll hit the "no variation wall".
- I see many fellow OS members have problems with default settings on World Class. The main reason is that they chase the ball in defense and they switch players fast in frustration. I know it's not fun, from a videogame perspective, watching the cpu build up for 1-2 real life minutes but you have to adapt. Or else you change the sliders to your liking but after 10 games you'll notice that cpu is boring because there isn't variation. You'll start again changing sliders until FIFA 17 is out. After a while it will also be almost impossible to go back to default settings as you'll be instantly frustrated.

That's it for now, I don't want to derail the thread as the guys here are doing a great job. I also don't want to talk about specific ini strings because it may discourage many people and lead to wrong conclusions like scripted AI etc. This is one of the most popular threads here in OS and it's disappointing that no EA dev or EA representative ever came to explain a couple of things about the sliders and the AI coding.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:25 AM   #1778
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is it an option to just change the user sliders? Or will that break the AI too?
Old 10-12-2015, 09:28 AM   #1779
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Ok, sorry guys I was too busy yesterday and I didn't answer to some of the posts.
First of all let's clear one thing. I totally admire Matt's and Orion's work (and they know it).
I tried to record a CM game with Bandicam but the game became a fest of stutter. I have a 3.5mbps upload connection. Is it possible to stream without problems?
Some answers now:
- This year's FIFA game for the first time since 1996 has the fundamentals of the sport right in its vanilla state.
- There are (hard)coded scripts regarding the way the cpu AI plays under certain circumstances and strings/commands that connect the global sliders to the gameplay.
- When a global slider is changed from its default setting it applies for ALL teams AND players of the AI. If someone changes the pass speed from 50 to 18 this value will apply to all teams and players. Tactics and passing abilities will be bypassed. Yes the match will flow to your liking, cpu will play as you want them to play but all their individual tactics and abilities with the ball will be eliminated. The 50 value means the game uses the coded AI. I don't think anyone can deny that every team plays differently with the default value. Does it play realistically? For me maybe yes. For someone else definitely not. If someone watches and loves the MLS surely the game at default settings does not provide a MLS experience. It provides a BPL experience and it would be a BPL sim if they toned down the directness of the cpu passing. You can tone it down via the slider setting but, as I mentioned earlier, you'll hit the "no variation wall".
- I see many fellow OS members have problems with default settings on World Class. The main reason is that they chase the ball in defense and they switch players fast in frustration. I know it's not fun, from a videogame perspective, watching the cpu build up for 1-2 real life minutes but you have to adapt. Or else you change the sliders to your liking but after 10 games you'll notice that cpu is boring because there isn't variation. You'll start again changing sliders until FIFA 17 is out. After a while it will also be almost impossible to go back to default settings as you'll be instantly frustrated.

That's it for now, I don't want to derail the thread as the guys here are doing a great job. I also don't want to talk about specific ini strings because it may discourage many people and lead to wrong conclusions like scripted AI etc. This is one of the most popular threads here in OS and it's disappointing that no EA dev or EA representative ever came to explain a couple of things about the sliders and the AI coding.
So you play with all sliders at default?
Old 10-12-2015, 10:00 AM   #1780
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Some answers now:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
So you play with all sliders at default?
Also world class? And camera? Half length?

Sorry, just trying to replicate to see what you are 'experiencing'.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:48 AM   #1781
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Some answers now:

I would play against the cpu using default, but I play with manual controls and I expect the cpu not to be perfect, so sliders are needed.

Sadly, as you stated, AI becomes ****ed up when you change sliders, even if you are playing "fair" games. There's a way to improve AI via cl.ini in the Fifa folder (at least for PC users) but that's a very complicated way. There were some decent mods for Fifa 15, where every team had its own scripted AI, but that would take a hell of work to implement for Fifa 16 and won't work for consoles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
okay, i had another 3 games testing and might have made a little discovery for USER defending.

firstly for those who it's bothering. i think we can confirm First Touch error slider directly to handballs frequency.

On 3 games with default 50/50 FT & and the handball animations still happen all over the park, but are rarely whistled.

... in 3 games with FT at 60/60 there were 3 penalties for handballs in the box, and in the 3 with default FT, there was not one penalty.

Another thing you could try for your own defending Matt, is going into tactics and adjusting your aggression slider.

I'm sitting on 62 right now, and it's pretty much the threshold i think. Ever since I've hit 62, my defending is fairly sound with barely any ADD happening from my own AI teammates.

So much so, I've taken my line settings all the way to default for testing and with my tactics aggression slider at 62-65, and the ADD seems to be really much more manageable.

at 62-65 they (my defenders) seem to be much more in front of their man & the ball handler, rather than turning their backs and running in all different chaotic directions.

maybe using the USER as a default 62-65 aggression is the key to eliminating ADD ???

more testing than the 3 games I just did is needed to confirm. but in those three games I kept 2 clean sheets and lost 1-nil and that's on world class with the CPU pass error & pass spd sliders on default. which imo, is pretty good. until this, i couldn't imagine having the CPU on default and keeping clean sheets.

it just felt the whole game long my defenders were much more present and in tune with what was happening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2015, 10:49 AM   #1782
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Some answers now:

Thanks for that, Fear. Definitely appreciate the breakdown, and always appreciate your insight.

With that said, the fundamentals out of the box are not sound. This is of personal opinion, and that's why sliders is going to be the focus. I never think of sliders as a way to inhibit the code. Does the code get affected if you modify the database (i.e.) the abilities of players?

I view sliders as a global editor. You lower the speed, lower the sprint, lower the pass accuracy that translates to sliders. This has always been my approach in all sports games.

Since we have no valid proof from the source, we will remain on our theories. I believe sliders are a representation of globally editing player's ratings. So no, I believe teams won't just play the same.

Moving on though, I appreciate it, let's move the default talk somewhere else. Set C is updated still on the OP. Thanks everyone!
Old 10-12-2015, 11:02 AM   #1783
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Also world class? And camera? Half length?

Sorry, just trying to replicate to see what you are 'experiencing'.
World Class, Tele Broadcast cam, 15 min, Slow, All manual (patch fixed the easy headers in the box so I may switch to semi for crossings), Handballs on (except penalties ofc), default sliders. All backs have aggressive interceptions instructions and team has aggression all the way up to 73.

Last game on my Leicester CM vs Aston Villa ended 0-0.
Possession: 49%-51%
Shots: 11(5) - 13(6)
Fouls: 6-8
Pass Accuracy: 77%-84%
2 injuries for Aston Villa that forced them to substitute the players.
1 injury for me (Vardy out for 3 months, ouch)
Injury sliders on default also.
Legacy Defending.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:03 AM   #1784
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

Question: if I wanted get rid of the CPU's tendency for one-time shots at the top of the box, what would I change? Would line changes alone be enough to, if not get rid of these, at least make them far less common?

I don't concede many of these but it's become my main gripe with how the CPU plays, and if I could just address these one-time shots, I'd probably be able to settle everything else fairly easily.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »