Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-28-2015, 03:46 PM   #2529
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
DUDES, always be very careful with a sample size of one.

I had a game where I was awarded with FOUR effing penalties. I converted only one of them.

While that wasn't an anomaly (others have posted about the problem with penalties), it's also not necessarily something that can be addressed with sliders.

Some of the code still needs to be ironed out and we'll see what the next and final patch does.
Not sure that's a default code issue. At default I see penalties at a realistically rare frequency and haven't heard of that being a complaint outside of this thread.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:55 PM   #2530
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Penalties are just a confirmation that fouls are being called this year. I can live with that considering last year fouls never went above 4 on a good day.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:22 PM   #2531
Rookie

EDGE757's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Agreed, and that was only with the Pass Speed at 50.

Here is another video with the following modifications:

Set E

Speed 31/30
Acc 50/50
Pass Speed 50/50
GK 40/40
RF 0/0
Marking 60/60
FB 10/10
Length 39/38
Width 55/60

Match Highlights:

Still going to explore Run Frequency. Zero is good, but I fear it will prevent proper attacking support (midfielders often hang back, versus nearing 18 yard box). Hopefully minor adjustments there, like the FB positioning from Zero to 10 in that video was on point.

Play around with it guys, I do think the Pass Speed at 50 can work, just have to make the proper adjustments that will compliment the base of SET E. I also believe the lower FB and lower RF is key.
Tried it out, only one game, so small sample size. Definitely an option for the crowd that thought set E was too stagnant and not enough offense. The game was more fluid and the CPU had more variety in their passing as expected with the pass speed at 50. One thing I was pleasantly surprised with was the CPU passing wasn't OP. Also, even with RF at 0 my forwards were making smart runs, in some occasion even my CDMs would make runs in the counter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2015, 06:09 PM   #2532
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE757
Tried it out, only one game, so small sample size. Definitely an option for the crowd that thought set E was too stagnant and not enough offense. The game was more fluid and the CPU had more variety in their passing as expected with the pass speed at 50. One thing I was pleasantly surprised with was the CPU passing wasn't OP. Also, even with RF at 0 my forwards were making smart runs, in some occasion even my CDMs would make runs in the counter.
Career mode games are dynamically developed. It all depends on team/player form and momentum. Playing against ManU as the 20th match of the BPL and having them on 1st place at the table will be a different clash than the 23rd match and the same team on 7th place after 3 straight losses. That's why you see sometimes the OP passing, the quicker pace of the game etc. That's why it's also too difficult for Matt and friends to provide a final set.
Check also the commentary (which is very good imo). They always mention the form of some players before the kick off. Most of the times the performance of these players is mirrored to their previous performances.
This year's FIFA is unexpectedly good and a great base for the future releases.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:15 PM   #2533
Rookie

Quote:
This type of code has always been in FIFA scripting. It's been renamed differently and relevant to the engine that FIFA uses. This shouldn't be a surprise - or hinder us from exploring the game's sliders.
Sorry to dig this up. I had already said my thanks and goodbyes and was really enjoying my first season with the latest set.

I won my first season by two points. I had also signed in January five 80+ rated players whose contracts were expiring. And my existing players had increased in stats. All in all a very good base for an even greater season. Do you know what happened?

The game became unplayable.

At first, I thought it was because I chose the Las Americas pre season tournament. I thought to myself, these teams are probably in form as they are in the middle of their season or something. That's cool. (Bear in mind they were all 3.5 star teams, the tournament was 3.5 stars too)

Then I played against AC Milan in the final of that tournament (I reached the final after shedding blood, it was excruciating). I was beaten 5-1... I thought Milan is a good team, it's a final, I wasn't at my best, my players are new, that's cool...

Then my season started. In the first 4 games I had scored 4 goals in total. All from penalties. I didn't win 4 penalties. I won 7! The computer blocked PERFECTLY hit penalties (3 bars of power aimed at top corners).

ALL the opponents can mark while running at FULL speed now.

ALL the slow pace CBs can now reach my wingers even when I flick the ball in front of me (I have scored and crossed HUNDREDS of times using the pace of my wingers during the first season).

Winning headers? Forget about it.
Quick passes? Forget about it.
Your defenders not losing their marks? Forget about it.

I know that after some practice, I will adapt to this. While it was very difficult, I managed to win the league in the first season with a 3.5 star team, which was odd so I welcome a more realistic challenge. But I am not joking, the game is so hard now it is unplayable. The difficulty threashold had so much room.

And more importantly, the sliders are completely off now.

Lines are never kept by my team.
CPU pace is ridiculous.
I had to set CPU marking at 48 to be able to breath every now and then.
Pass speed? Forget it. At 40, the can pass to anyone they want with any velocity that suits them.

Adaptive difficulty sucks. I wish they'd make the best teams play at the highest level of difficulty, with some adjustments based on form and player rating, and drop each team based on difference. Basically, not this crap. Because even if I hate the way it plays now, I know if I start losing it will drop the difficulty again and I will start winning 5-0 or something.

Good luck guys, I have given up. I bought the witcher 3 and will forget fifa for a while

Cheers

Last edited by Sarezar; 10-28-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:37 AM   #2534
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarezar
Sorry to dig this up. I had already said my thanks and goodbyes and was really enjoying my first season with the latest set.

I won my first season by two points. I had also signed in January five 80+ rated players whose contracts were expiring. And my existing players had increased in stats. All in all a very good base for an even greater season. Do you know what happened?

The game became unplayable.

At first, I thought it was because I chose the Las Americas pre season tournament. I thought to myself, these teams are probably in form as they are in the middle of their season or something. That's cool. (Bear in mind they were all 3.5 star teams, the tournament was 3.5 stars too)

Then I played against AC Milan in the final of that tournament (I reached the final after shedding blood, it was excruciating). I was beaten 5-1... I thought Milan is a good team, it's a final, I wasn't at my best, my players are new, that's cool...

Then my season started. In the first 4 games I had scored 4 goals in total. All from penalties. I didn't win 4 penalties. I won 7! The computer blocked PERFECTLY hit penalties (3 bars of power aimed at top corners).

ALL the opponents can mark while running at FULL speed now.

ALL the slow pace CBs can now reach my wingers even when I flick the ball in front of me (I have scored and crossed HUNDREDS of times using the pace of my wingers during the first season).

Winning headers? Forget about it.
Quick passes? Forget about it.
Your defenders not losing their marks? Forget about it.

I know that after some practice, I will adapt to this. While it was very difficult, I managed to win the league in the first season with a 3.5 star team, which was odd so I welcome a more realistic challenge. But I am not joking, the game is so hard now it is unplayable. The difficulty threashold had so much room.

And more importantly, the sliders are completely off now.

Lines are never kept by my team.
CPU pace is ridiculous.
I had to set CPU marking at 48 to be able to breath every now and then.
Pass speed? Forget it. At 40, the can pass to anyone they want with any velocity that suits them.

Adaptive difficulty sucks. I wish they'd make the best teams play at the highest level of difficulty, with some adjustments based on form and player rating, and drop each team based on difference. Basically, not this crap. Because even if I hate the way it plays now, I know if I start losing it will drop the difficulty again and I will start winning 5-0 or something.

Good luck guys, I have given up. I bought the witcher 3 and will forget fifa for a while

Cheers
Give thanks to EA for this über-scripted AI. Not related to these sliders I believe, but I guess, in your situation, I would had lowered the difficulty.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:48 AM   #2535
Rookie

Can something be adjusted so that the CPU actually try to tackle the player when he isn't moving? For instance, if you just stand there with the ball, the CPU hardly moves and doesn't try to tackle you.. Not until you start to move anyway. It's starting to peeve me off. Could aggression or pressure within team tactics solve this issue? I mean this is the most unrealistic thing about fifa..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2015, 04:58 AM   #2536
Rookie

Quote:
sorry for offtopic, but what camera is that ? I think i got the same camera, but i cant zoom that close in like in the video. thanks ( im on PS4 )............

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »