Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #3305
Rookie

PittPens1787's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron458f
You have to start your career again mate as i found it saved on the old updates which i found annoying lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I disagree wholeheartedly. Also if this were the case there would be no point in Matt testing the changes solely in his CMs, which he does. You can definitely update the sliders in an ongoing CM.

Let's Go Bucs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2015, 01:27 PM   #3306
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

OP is updated. Removed discrepancy for Sprint and Accel. Let users adjust as they see fit. Global set is about done guys, need looks at marking only.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:35 PM   #3307
Rookie

Matt,

I switched from manual-pass to semi-pass and from tactical defense to legacy.

Now finally I'm having good matches.

Super cancel now work and I can build good actions.

So... The problem that I had yesterday (and the earlier days) could depend by manual pass and/or tactical defense?

Maybe who use SET F with manual pass use also legacy defense?

Anyway I'm not very satisfied to have switched from manual to semi.

I can notice momentum with these settings (for example CPU scores always at 45 and the matches are inclined to end most on draw). I always see too many penalties sometimes for me sometimes for CPU. I see also pinball goals and carambola against woods and tap-in.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:43 PM   #3308
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
*FT @ 70 is a huge deal breaker for me. In the two games that I played I think about five chances were created from weird touches from CBs. I like the idea of increased FT error but unfortunately the implementation of this slider by EA doesn't work in terms of realism as a lot of the poor touches look just weird, occur in circumstances when they shouldn't, and seem to create problems the game isn't designed to accommodate. I don't know if this was the cause, or the lowered GK ability, but I saw the keepers make several poor touches that led to corner kicks or even chances on goal.

Pass error at 40: I see the positives here, as the buildup play by the CPU was quite nice at times. Unfortunately it also led to very very few poor or misplaced passes and in both games the CPU finished with 97+% pass acc.

Summary: I very much enjoyed the pace of play but I think a few of the sliders cause weird and unbalanced issues for me, especially the accel discrepancy and the high FT error. Probably pass error too. I like the idea of more error but the game engine doesn't seem built to accommodate it well.
I agree. FT 70 and pass error 40 aren't going to fly with me either.

FT 70 creates an, erm, focal point in defence. I am just waiting for one of my players to be in the neighbourhood when the CPU receives a pass. When that happens, bingo, the probability of stealing the ball is very high. On the other hand, pass error 40 means it's highly unlikely I am going to gain possession from a misplaced pass.

These issues kill immersion: it doesn't really resemble football.

Also, low pass error means too accurate crosses.

At this point - when I don't really understand the huge issue with "direct play" resulting from higher pass error - I will take FT 60 and pass error, say, 50, over the selected values.

Otherwise, like you said, pace of play is great.

Last edited by jamesbeaver; 12-03-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:54 PM   #3309
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbeaver
I agree. FT 70 and pass error 40 aren't going to fly for me either.

FT 70 creates an, erm, focal point in defence. I am just waiting for one of my players to be in the neighbourhood when the CPU receives a pass. When that happens, bingo, the probability of stealing the ball is very high. On the other hand, pass error 40 means it's highly unlikely I am going to gain possession from a misplaced pass.

These issues kill immersion: it doesn't really resemble football.

Also, low pass error means too accurate crosses.

At this point - when I don't really understand the huge issue with "direct play" resulting from higher pass error - I will take FT 60 and pass error, say, 50, over the selected values.

Otherwise, like you said, pace of play is great.
If I could see this on video of you stealing the ball that many times off the CPU, that'd be great. Because in my 3-5 matches, I had only 1 in which the CPU made a bad touch and I was able to break 1 on 1 to the keeper (where the keeper doesn't come out unfortunately bad programming) - it was this morning against Leicester City, I won 2-1 with against their 10 men. Granted, I was also using the accel discrepancy that has since been nixed.

Low Pass error does not even resemble super accurate crossing. I'm watching papinho's match right and the CPU still crosses to the keeper on occasion. The misunderstanding of pass error is strong here, especially in relation to crosses. Crosses are close to the keeper not because of pass error, but because of the length of the attacker's run stopping point. They max out to inside the goal - so that is where the ball will be placed. If we could get it to work where length can be just slightly lowered, you will see crosses, at this pass error, be more between the 6 yard box and 18 more often. The problem with that adjustment is that lower length inhibits the defense from meeting the attackers, and prevents longer passes being sent up.

To further defend pass error, I played last night with 45 pass error and 50 respectively and the CPU passes directly to their CM, directly to their attacker, and plays a 1-2. There are times the attacker will hold the ball, but it won't be the proper build up and will go back to end to end action. It was pretty frustrating as I hoped instead of increasing pass speed too much, we could increase pass error. This was all done on my past broadcast last night, not the one this morning.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:04 PM   #3310
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
If I could see this on video of you stealing the ball that many times off the CPU, that'd be great.
I'll do that, but I used my PS4 time for today, and will be spending Fri-Sun exclusively with the missus. So might take all the way till Monday.

Basically the way I do it is I wait, and then immediately press "press" or "teammate press" - whichever is appropriate - when I have a player near a CPU player receiving a pass. I am not that good at defending, so I did it in a relatively indiscriminate manner.

But a video is needed, I agree.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:14 PM   #3311
Rookie

Jcrome's Arena

OVR: 2

Tested out the new updates on world class and heres my initial thoughts

Positives: I like the flow of the game a lot, also cpu build up seems better and they attack in a more realistic way imo. Also I think that it provides a bit more challenge as I ow have to work hard to win with Kaiserslautern in the bundesliga, which is realistic. Possession stats are also fairly realistic, if I play normally its usually around 50/50 for equal teams and I can see a difference when changing my play style to either countering or possession.I think the 5 for runs was a really good idea and helps buildup a lot as well as the cpu's approach to the game.

Negatives:Biggest one for me right now is fouls. The cpu gets away with pushing around my players a lot and never gets any fouls called, except I get about 1 penalty per game and usually when looking at the replay I can't see much if any contact from the defender, but my attacker does always go down in an awkward way. I think the only fouls against me have been in the box, can't remember for sure but at most like I've had 2 other fouls called against me in 4 games. Also passing in a few certain situations can be a bit unrealistic. So far I've noticed 3 main situations where I think passing may be a little OP - to easy to pass ur way out a trouble with one touch or quick passing with ur defense, headed passes seem to accurate(irl its pretty hard to aim a contested header to ur teammate, but I've noticed almost every header goes right to a players feet), and finally it's a little easy to play a thru ball either on the ground or in the air to a winger past the FB, the 70FT does a decent job of balancing this out , but it still seems a bit odd.

All in all though I like how the game feels a lot, and except for a few minor issues I think the game is looking pretty good. Also I completely agree about marking I feel like that could almost completely change how the game flows and could be the answer to our problems
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2015, 02:15 PM   #3312
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbeaver
I'll do that, but I used my PS4 time for today, and will be spending Fri-Sun exclusively with the missus. So might take all the way till Monday.

Basically the way I do it is I wait, and then immediately press "press" or "teammate press" - whichever is appropriate - when I have a player near a CPU player receiving a pass. I am not that good at defending, so I did it in a relatively indiscriminate manner.

But a video is needed, I agree.
It's more so because I want to see the animation that occurs. In FIFA's past there would be a hesitation as soon as that bad touch is taken. If people are seeing it - I want to know, because its' exactly what I have been looking for this FIFA title.

I know way too much, and I'm sorry I don't explain in greater detail. My posts would be novels on the depth of each slider. I need to do better at explaining somehow though - may start chronicling a video series for each value, or maybe I can write a paper on it

Way to be a good dude to the Missus! I have 2 kids, so I have a bit more deserved free time at night than I used to

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »