Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-19-2015, 10:10 AM   #4321
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
The Footy United podcast was funny and those dudes sound like kindred spirits of mine.

There was one thing mentioned in that pod, however, that really stuck out to me and it was with regards to having a choice in the patches. Even as a PC user, I feel really disgusted that I'm not given a choice to use the damn code that was shipped, the code I paid for when I bought the game. EA broke our trust this year with so many enormously affecting patches. The retail experience is incredibly different than 1.04 and 1.05, in particular.

I recommend everybody listen to that Footy United podcast just for that section / discussion. They covered it perfectly.
Yes spot on.
We should be able to choose what gameplay/patch we want.
Same thing in NHL this year.
Probably a reason why South Park named EA "the most evil company in the world"
It's not ok in my opinion

Xbox :ettnollbajen

Last edited by Ettnollbajen; 12-19-2015 at 10:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2015, 10:21 AM   #4322
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbeaver
Played my first match with new test set, against Heracles Almelo away.

CPU was pressing brutally, admirably even, but I managed to win 0-1. Shots (only) 4-3. Maybe shortening length "closes" the game?

Possession 49-51, tackles 11-19, fouls 1-2 (home team first).
Always wanted to quote myself, and now I have the chance to do it.

My match above was played with ES modification (option #1).

Hectic, compressed, hard. Loved it! Edit: Will be uploading the video soon.

Would really like to do some more testing today, but RL may interfere. There is still hope.

Last edited by jamesbeaver; 12-19-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:45 AM   #4323
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Matt....question. On set 'M', if I understand correctly, the supposition is/was that the 10 point differential in length is critical in creating a mid-field, which I think many of us want.

Then ES comes up with an alternative setup (which you want us to test) that eschews that premise by reducing that differential to 5. So, what is it is about ES' setup that obviates the need for the 10 point differential in length (or is it simply taking a different approach where the midfield isn't as well developed, but other things are better)?

I'm just honestly trying to understand how the pieces fit together here for two seemingly very different setups.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:48 AM   #4324
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbeaver
Always wanted to quote myself, and now I have the chance to do it.

My match above was played with ES modification (option #1).

Hectic, compressed, hard. Loved it! Edit: Will be uploading the video soon.

Would really like to do some more testing today, but RL may interfere. There is still hope.
I'm gonna give E's mod a go for a few games,great stats.
Yepp,think the GF will have a saying in my choice of Saturday's activities

Xbox :ettnollbajen
Old 12-19-2015, 10:53 AM   #4325
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
This is so typical of this thread (not response to anyone who has posted above, just a general observation)...ask to test out ES and Papinho/Orion's settings - and maybe 2 feedback on them.

HOw are we ever going to progress? This is not the impressions thread of the game, it's a sliders thread. Please check the OP daily for new updates and suggested testing.

I'm not happy with 1.05 either, but when building sliders, what choice do we have when the majority of the world have to use it as well. Sliders can't be created on the basis of a patch version noone uses, however there are a lot of sets, per patch update, that would work just fine.

Let's stay on task. I asked we test ES settings yesterday, and Orion's as well. I also have some that are close to Set M regarding Line Height and a reduction in Line Length, not to mention Sprint and Pass Speed. Still working on it though and will post shortly.

In the meantime, can we get some testing on the following so we can move this thread along towards a base set of sliders:
Hey Matt.

Been testing Orion's since last night. Waiting for a full game (10m halves) to upload to my Youtube at the minute then I will post the link.

Been enjoying them so far and only changes I have made have been a slight increase in marking and run frequency for both User and CPU. Tested them over 3 games now and a bit worried about the CPU attack. They've had chances but I have kept 3 clean sheets in a row. Won two games 1-0 and the other was a 0-0 although I have felt under pressure from the CPU the sample size isn't big I suppose.

Taking about 90 minutes for each half to upload so should post them up in a few hours and you can all see for yourselves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2015, 11:14 AM   #4326
MVP

OVR: 3

Matt
My two game experiment last night was with m usin ES modification (option1). Playing as Chelsea I was fouled 7 times. My feeling in the two plus games was the ball seemed to die on my passing vs cpu crisp passing, reasonable wing play. My own ineptitude at WC likely was the cause of my lack of offense. Hard to play an watch for me.
Will try OP suggestions in play later today after EPL and before the jets game.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:22 PM   #4327
Rookie

Here is one video of set M / ES. Played this match at midnight to end a hard day. It is a game of

Big blunders and small margins

I really liked the way the CPU was pressing me at times. Edit. Just watched the video again. I like the general shape of the game, battles taking place where you'd expect. I would consider increasing pass speed for user. That "(nearly) dying pass" happens so often.

Last edited by jamesbeaver; 12-19-2015 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:24 PM   #4328
Rookie

EvertonianSteeler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Matt....question. On set 'M', if I understand correctly, the supposition is/was that the 10 point differential in length is critical in creating a mid-field, which I think many of us want.

Then ES comes up with an alternative setup (which you want us to test) that eschews that premise by reducing that differential to 5. So, what is it is about ES' setup that obviates the need for the 10 point differential in length (or is it simply taking a different approach where the midfield isn't as well developed, but other things are better)?

I'm just honestly trying to understand how the pieces fit together here for two seemingly very different setups.
The thinking behind the 5pt rather than 10pt differential was to try and compact the midfeild and have a more realustic looking game. I felt that the 10 pt was distancing the players too much and leaving to many unchallenged easy open passes and subsequently not enough fouls or physicality. The more compressed the field is the more likely you are to have proper football which is after all the aim here.

I know I am constantly banging on about height and length and have tried to explain it by posting tactic videos and in a lengthy post about 3000 pages ago !!!

I watch loads of videos from people on here on twitch and do see lots of realistic looking stuff but there is nearly always the problem that the def line drops too deep.

I am in lucky in that I get to go and watch Everton at Goodison regularly, either in the Gwladys Street stand behind the goal or on the halfway line above the dugouts. When you see the whole field live over 90 minutes you can see how tight all the players are to each other and how high the line is. Trust me if the Everton back four retreated into the box backwards as easily as they do on some of Gnemi's videos the roar from behind the goal would push them back forward.The deepest any team in any league will set their def line is on the edge of the D. That means attackers have to time the run to perfection or go past the defender with the ball. Only when adefender is beaten one on one will the others drop into the box. Then their aim is to clear the ball and reestablish the original line, usually resulting in a break down of attack due to offside. This is a fundamental basic tactic so you can NEVER claim you have created a sim game when the stat shows 0 offside exactly the same as you cant have 0 fouls. Until i see a game with fouls offsides and a def line that holds a line and then reestablishes it I can't accept it is a sim. When defenders dance back and forward when under attack this is ridiculous.

If you set your height lower than 50 try this experiment. Clear the ball from a corner or cross and watch your defs. They should sprint out to the point where they hold their line. If it is too low they stop too soon and then start going back again. Every corner should result in either an attempt on goal, a clearance and counter or the attacking team being caught offside as the ball comes back into the box. Watch Man Utd Norwich from this afternoon, even at Old Trafford where they hadnt won since 1989 Norwich held a def line that would equate to 55 or over on FIFA.

For the length bit you would be surprised how often the attacking sides half is virtually empty. This isn't obvious from TV coverage. One or two covering defenders near the halfway line is the norm with a backwards retreat if the ball is lost. This is why some teams will hoof a ball up to a quick attacker. It is also why attackers press the defensive player when they have the ball to prevent this happening. A striker will be told to give a gentle foul, obstruction ot a gentle trip to stop play so the defence can reset at leisure. Hence a game with none of these fouls is not realistic either. Another reason why Tactical defending is neccesary because a simple shirt tug will result in a free kick and stop the flow of the game. I will gladly give up a foul to stop a counter. But if my players are too far apart from the opposition this is not possible.

The sprint acc thing is just something that i think works as the unbalanced values APPEAR TO ME (maybe in my head) to result in more physicality and collision. As the player with the ball sprints away the defender catches makes a tackle but because he is either 1pt quicker or slower the timing isnt always spot on and it results in fouls, especially on the wings.It might be total nonsense but it does appear to have given me fouls back.

If you look at my original post you will notice that I was reluctant to share them here as I didn't want to muddy the water, but invited people to take a look. As it turned out that particular game didn't pan out as well as previous ones but Matt dropped in and thought it looked interesting enough to test. Hence it got posted on here ...... sorry if it confused anyone.

Last edited by EvertonianSteeler; 12-19-2015 at 12:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »