Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-19-2015, 12:36 PM   #4329
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Hello everyone from Argentina.
I had the opportunity last night to test the set M with the addition of MATT10L on the first page and modifications papinho with Orion suggestions.

I played a few games hand full -15 minutes -slow- defense tactic, the first games played with Matt10 set turned me well end up losing 2-0 Everton vs Tottenham, was generally an even match especially the first time arrivals and domination I make a large extent, the second time change a little lost possession of the ball and was effective Everton had few arrivals and became the first time also had several clear. Note a clear fight in midfield.

Then came the turn of test with modifications papinho / Orion.
Here I had the best game of the night, a 2-2 between Norwich vs Albion, very even, with occasions where the two sides could dominate much of the match, a goal against Albion goalkeeper and a goal by head I could get, it was undoubtedly the match of the night but the funny thing is that I spend the same seteo played with the first full Manual, 15 minutes, slow but note an increase in the tempo of play with respect to the first games, if not mine alucionacion or directly influence the sliders a point or so ....

overall I liked a lot the set with modifications papinho, note overall balance some groping cpu exaggerated at times especially in the second time, on the other hand I feel a little more clarity in the attacks and creating front could have nice clear occasions of goal with good plays in general.

Keep trying and attentive to the forum trying to give my humble opinion from beyond'll be .... lol

Cheers !!! and again I apologize for the translation

Last edited by Lobizon; 12-19-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:59 PM   #4330
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvertonianSteeler
The thinking behind the 5pt rather than 10pt differential was to try and compact the midfeild and have a more realustic looking game. I felt that the 10 pt was distancing the players too much and leaving to many unchallenged easy open passes and subsequently not enough fouls or physicality. The more compressed the field is the more likely you are to have proper football which is after all the aim here.

I know I am constantly banging on about height and length and have tried to explain it by posting tactic videos and in a lengthy post about 3000 pages ago !!!

I watch loads of videos from people on here on twitch and do see lots of realistic looking stuff but there is nearly always the problem that the def line drops too deep.

I am in lucky in that I get to go and watch Everton at Goodison regularly, either in the Gwladys Street stand behind the goal or on the halfway line above the dugouts. When you see the whole field live over 90 minutes you can see how tight all the players are to each other and how high the line is. Trust me if the Everton back four retreated into the box backwards as easily as they do on some of Gnemi's videos the roar from behind the goal would push them back forward.The deepest any team in any league will set their def line is on the edge of the D. That means attackers have to time the run to perfection or go past the defender with the ball. Only when adefender is beaten one on one will the others drop into the box. Then their aim is to clear the ball and reestablish the original line, usually resulting in a break down of attack due to offside. This is a fundamental basic tactic so you can NEVER claim you have created a sim game when the stat shows 0 offside exactly the same as you cant have 0 fouls. Until i see a game with fouls offsides and a def line that holds a line and then reestablishes it I can't accept it is a sim. When defenders dance back and forward when under attack this is ridiculous.

If you set your height lower than 50 try this experiment. Clear the ball from a corner or cross and watch your defs. They should sprint out to the point where they hold their line. If it is too low they stop too soon and then start going back again. Every corner should result in either an attempt on goal, a clearance and counter or the attacking team being caught offside as the ball comes back into the box. Watch Man Utd Norwich from this afternoon, even at Old Trafford where they hadnt won since 1989 Norwich held a def line that would equate to 55 or over on FIFA.

For the length bit you would be surprised how often the attacking sides half is virtually empty. This isn't obvious from TV coverage. One or two covering defenders near the halfway line is the norm with a backwards retreat if the ball is lost. This is why some teams will hoof a ball up to a quick attacker. It is also why attackers press the defensive player when they have the ball to prevent this happening. A striker will be told to give a gentle foul, obstruction ot a gentle trip to stop play so the defence can reset at leisure. Hence a game with none of these fouls is not realistic either. Another reason why Tactical defending is neccesary because a simple shirt tug will result in a free kick and stop the flow of the game. I will gladly give up a foul to stop a counter. But if my players are too far apart from the opposition this is not possible.

The sprint acc thing is just something that i think works as the unbalanced values APPEAR TO ME (maybe in my head) to result in more physicality and collision. As the player with the ball sprints away the defender catches makes a tackle but because he is either 1pt quicker or slower the timing isnt always spot on and it results in fouls, especially on the wings.It might be total nonsense but it does appear to have given me fouls back.

If you look at my original post you will notice that I was reluctant to share them here as I didn't want to muddy the water, but invited people to take a look. As it turned out that particular game didn't pan out as well as previous ones but Matt dropped in and thought it looked interesting enough to test. Hence it got posted on here ...... sorry if it confused anyone.

Fantastic post.

I am going to test your sliders later today. I think the idea of a higher line is really important to addressing some of the shortcomings in gameplay, in particular with regards to realism. At default, both the human and CPU is configured to play way back. Assumptions: It's one of the reasons that the CPU so readily engages in tons of passes in their defense of third. It has also led to the extinction of offsides.

Now, here is the rub: The balance between line height and length has everything to do with the prevalence of midfield play. If we fix line height to be more appropriate and realistic, will the CPU suddenly bypass there midfield every time again?

What have been your observations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2015, 01:06 PM   #4331
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I haven't read any posts since my reply, but I saw ES write in more than 1 paragraph so I know we're getting in a better mindset already! Time to read, I'm also going to be streaming shortly.

here is a video that I recorded earlier, think it was getting where we wanted, (higher height, lower length/evening out)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2015, 01:11 PM   #4332
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I am streaming as well:

http://www.twitch.tv/matt10l
Old 12-19-2015, 01:14 PM   #4333
Rookie

OK, so as promised video below of the second half using Set M with Orion's changes (Sprint 39/39, Acc 50/50). Also reduced pass error to 55/55, upped marking to 65/65 and RF to 5/5 to see how it played out.

First time uploading so excuse any quality issues etc... Might be worthwhile even just streaming a game because it took ages to upload one half (100 minutes to so according to PS4)

Bit of background I suppose. Been struggling with Newcastle on MM probably due to testing sliders every few games. Hovering above the relegation zone (Par for the course for Newcastle really! Sorry Newcastle fans, I'm a Rangers supporter so we both hate Mike Ashley) so needed points hence the somewhat negative tactics in the video.

I play legendary and all manual aside from shooting which is semi.

I've played 4 MM games now with those sliders. Form reads P4, W3 D1 F4 A1. Opponents have been Man United at home (0-0, United were sitting 2nd in the league to my 17th), West Brom at home (1-0), Watford away (1-0, they were one place below me in the table so expected a tight game) and then Swansea at home in the FA Cup (won 2-1).

Few things I have noticed over those games and not sure how much it shows in the Watford video but you can see for yourselves:

- I can close down CPU pretty easily. Slow to react when they receive the ball in their own half so I win lots of possession back in the final third. My second goal against Swansea came from CPU defender passing it to De Jong just outside the box and me running 5 yards and smacking it home.

- Also able to outrun the CPU as well especially on the wings.

- Still seeing some easy build up from the wing position then cutting inside. This video shows it in the Swansea game.

- CPU seem to run a lot of balls out of the play when they get a pass near the wing.

-Really don't feel overly threatened by the CPU. They have chances, yes, but I don't feel as if they are going to score many goals against me. Like I said, 3 clean sheets in 4 games whereas I had kept 4 clean sheets in 20 games previously before 1.05.

I'm using Legendary with tactical defending. I prefer tactical to be honest and I feel as though if the CPU gets in behind my defence then it is my own fault for lunging into a tackle and missing (you will probably see that in the Watford video).

In my own opinion I don't think these sliders are miles away from what I want from the game. I'm not completely dominating matches and the stats (for what they are worth) are fairly even between me and the CPU. I just feel as though I will win every game at the minute (or at least get a draw) whereas I definitely didn't get that before 1.05 (21 pts from 20 league games is testament to that!).

Then again, I'm averaging just over a goal at game with 1.05 although much of that is probably down to my poor shooting and still getting used to manual passing (I have generally played with semi on FIFA 16).

As I said, these are a few things I've noticed over 4 games so not all will show I'd imagine in the Watford second half although that was definitely the best match I've played with the sliders.

Anyway, hope this helps and happy to contribute going forward. I've been using sliders for the last few FIFA games but still a bit new to actually offering suggestions and how they all interact with each other.

Cheers!

Last edited by CodeineRush; 12-19-2015 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-19-2015, 01:17 PM   #4334
MVP

Testing set m with option 1 with ft for cpu at 70

Old 12-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #4335
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I haven't read any posts since my reply, but I saw ES write in more than 1 paragraph so I know we're getting in a better mindset already! Time to read, I'm also going to be streaming shortly.

here is a video that I recorded earlier, think it was getting where we wanted, (higher height, lower length/evening out)

Looks to be playing well, what changes did you make to set M?

I've been playing with SE's version of Set M. Full backs seem to have lost their mind, just standing in the central midfield position leaving the winger 1 on 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2015, 01:27 PM   #4336
Rookie

EvertonianSteeler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Fantastic post.

I am going to test your sliders later today. I think the idea of a higher line is really important to addressing some of the shortcomings in gameplay, in particular with regards to realism. At default, both the human and CPU is configured to play way back. Assumptions: It's one of the reasons that the CPU so readily engages in tons of passes in their defense of third. It has also led to the extinction of offsides.

Now, here is the rub: The balance between line height and length has everything to do with the prevalence of midfield play. If we fix line height to be more appropriate and realistic, will the CPU suddenly bypass there midfield every time again?

What have been your observations?

I think that may be where a little football knowledge, an awareness of the players you are facing and the little mentioned adaptive AI comes in.

If you play gung ho down the middle and over the top then the cpu will too. If you stop them doing that they will do something different. Catch them offside, block them, press them, foul them, force them wide. Man mark their playmaker, instruct forwards to press backline, use aggressive interceptions in central areas.

I am not sure if this adaptive AI works but i pkay as if it does. For example from kick off i always go backwards, spread the ball throughout the team and back to the keeper. That way you can see how they will press. Play a couple of balls across the field, maybe lump a long diagonal ball from right full back to left winger. I always try to commit an early foul in an undangerous position. Also i take on the full backs and attack wide. This I think makes the adaptive AI try and replicate what you do. Of course this might jyst be a load of old baloney but i dont recall having a problem with teams only going straight upthe middle.

In all honesty i have only tried one set with length over 50 , which was the recent one with the 10 pt discrepancy. It played ok but for the reasons posted earlir it doesnt work. In private i have tested length as low as 30 which is too low but havent had any non midfield issues with length in 40s. 50 and up for height , 50 and lower for length has to be a basic starting point for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »