Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-23-2016, 11:24 PM   #6305
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixer
Great video as ever, I'll definitely be giving those a try when I get a chance to play tomorrow. Agreed for one that the CPU's incessant drilled passes now mean that lowering their pass speed is necessary.

Out of curiosity though, while it makes sense to lower theirs, would it not make sense to leave User pass speed at default/what it was before? Considering the way we as humans play the game won't have changed (ie we're not suddenly going to start drilling every pass) - as much as it's keeping the CPU in check, is that not then also simultaneously giving ourselves an unnatural/unnecessary disadvantage too?
I think the lowering of the pass speed evenly does a couple of things. First it brings into the play the amazing physics that is produced from lower pass speed settings (more loft and air time on air-balls, more unpredictability on bounces). It also brings in the requirement to pick your passes. I feel 1.07 has made manual passing feel almost assisted, and I think that's in part to the pass speed. I also think that the higher pass speeds, in 1.07, have made the game slightly chaotic - like the ball will jump off the screen on occasion. Lastly, the speed evened out brings in the same equal play from the defending perspective. The reaction time by the CPU will always be slightly slower than us, the user, so we can anticipate and move any player off the ball. They have to react to the type of pass - and once they've selected a player to take the defensive responsibilities, that's it. I think this is highly exploitable, especially because of the added width of play that can be utilized to the user's advantage.

Hope you try them out, Bixer, your opinion definitely matters to me, and I love your insight on the game as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Good grief the CPU marking, awareness, interceptions, tackling is remarkable now...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
It's interesting how a chemistry patch update seemed to have helped the gameplay code. I think they simply reverted it back to near out of the box - similar to a "system restore" checkpoint on your PC. I know the adjustments are not done in the squad update either because I use a different database, and in the video stream earlier, I used the online squad download as well as the custom database from moddingway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2016, 04:08 AM   #6306
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Hope you try them out, Bixer, your opinion definitely matters to me, and I love your insight on the game as well.
Much appreciated If it wasn't for this thread too, I'd have probably 'given up' on FIFA 16 about 6 months ago, so I can only thank you for your (and everyone else who's contributed) continued hard work on 'fixing' it. I'm grateful to have discovered a seemingly incredibly rare community of people that enjoy offline play - since PES lost it's thrown as best football game in around 2010, for a long time I thought I was the only one left.

I'll definitely give those settings a go when I get a chance today - even factoring in my currently slightly lower half lengths.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:15 PM   #6307
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

I can't believe I waited this long to look up this thread but I literally gave up on FIFA 16 because the default settings are so awful and I just have no time to tinker with sliders.

I used Matt's on the first page and they are a game changer and in this case, a game saver. I'm late to the party, but wanted to throw out a big thanks to everyone that put work into this thread.

Sent from my S7 Edge
Old 07-24-2016, 12:47 PM   #6308
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Good grief the CPU marking, awareness, interceptions, tackling is remarkable now...

I said the above last night and then beat Swansea in the FA Cup by the largest margin of my FIFA career, 7-0 lol.

Alexis (who hadn't scored in 11 games), had a hat trick 30 minutes in....

Old 07-24-2016, 12:48 PM   #6309
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OP is updated:

Old 07-25-2016, 09:19 AM   #6310
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
OP is updated:
I am digging the adjustments.

My only complaint, for lack of a better word--is the lower pass speed makes the game feel/look very sluggish. Perhaps once I get used to it, that won't be the case. I just feel like when I watch on TV the passes look to have so much more pace than with the new 38 speed.

What would be the 'con' of moving back (towards) a 50 pass speed Matt?
Old 07-25-2016, 09:32 AM   #6311
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
I know your question is predestinated to Matt, but I have my clues: drilled passes all around!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2016, 10:39 AM   #6312
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
I am digging the adjustments.

My only complaint, for lack of a better word--is the lower pass speed makes the game feel/look very sluggish. Perhaps once I get used to it, that won't be the case. I just feel like when I watch on TV the passes look to have so much more pace than with the new 38 speed.

What pap said - drilled passes like crazy. CPU loves to penetrate with the drilled passes more than anything. Now, they still have the ability, but it's much more of a build up now, versus just passing straight to the forward.

Here are 3 videos from one of the users of the set on YT; wolly1979 - figured I'd post it since this thread has more of my videos than anyone else, so my play style may differ from others, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »