Home

Which sliders to adjust when increasing difficulty?

This is a discussion on Which sliders to adjust when increasing difficulty? within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-04-2017, 07:15 PM   #1
Rookie

Wetfred's Arena

OVR: 0
Which sliders to adjust when increasing difficulty?

New to Fifa. Playing on Semi Pro and win most games and want to jump to Pro but lose most games. Which sliders should I adjust on Pro to help me ease in to it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 04:11 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Which sliders to adjust when increasing difficulty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetfred
New to Fifa. Playing on Semi Pro and win most games and want to jump to Pro but lose most games. Which sliders should I adjust on Pro to help me ease in to it?
Just give you a 1 point advantage in acceleration (User 50 / CPU 49 for example). It should be enough.

PSN ID - Ric77pt

Last edited by ricardodc; 11-05-2017 at 05:19 AM.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:30 AM   #3
Banned

To be honest, I dont think people really know what the sliders do.
this year is even worse with the game being dunbed down for some reason.
It is simply trial and error.
The game has either been way too hard for me or too easy. Last years gameplay was perfect, this year is a mess.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:41 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodc
Just give you a 1 point advantage in acceleration (User 50 / CPU 49 for example). It should be enough.

PSN ID - Ric77pt
Your saying just increase acc 1 point higher for player and that's the only adjustment you would make ,if possible can u post or have u posted ur slider set

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2018, 05:46 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcas007
Your saying just increase acc 1 point higher for player and that's the only adjustment you would make ,if possible can u post or have u posted ur slider set

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
You can make more changes, but the single one with most impact is acceleration.

Here's my set:

Enviado do meu ASUS_Z00AD através do Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 01:59 PM   #6
Rookie

Im confused... how doesnt every game end 0 - 0 for you? are you playing like 20min halfs or something... my sliders have to be way up (others down) just to get any goals
Old 03-26-2018, 05:58 AM   #7
Banned

In fifa 18 the sliders are very important. Ive been playing fifa since it first came out and still havent worked them out. Theres no logic to them from the actual 0-100 scale.
Changing the acceleration wont change much. Of course you can easily win by being twice as fast but the key is to find the balance in gameplay.
For me the keys ones are line height length and width. Try using the OS ones on here they are pretty good
The main problem you face on fifa 18 is the terrible scripting. Many games are rigged before you start. The result is decided before you kick off.
If you are on console then you are stuck with ea match fixing.
However if you are pc then you can mod the game using tools like frosty.
I would also edit the locale.ini
if you get deep into the coding then you find that EA have made a shocking mess of the coding. They arent interested in fixing it as to fix it is to admit they meade a mess of it. Once again you can fix this to a certain extent.
Everytime fifa updates it resets any mods as Ea dont want players having a choice.
Their major fix is in career mode and fut. They arent interested in career mode as they dont make any money from it.
FUT mode is foxed in such a way that it makes players spend more money on it.
Theres no easy solution to the sliders. Dont try and work them out because no-one really knows how they work, not even on here. All we can see is how each one effects the gameplay. Thats not the same as knowing how they work
Fifa 18 is the worst fifa for years for scripting. The sliders are appalling.
Good luck at getting it right.
Im sorry I cant offer a solution because there isnt one.
If you are on pc then check out soccergaming.com. Theres a chap on there doing some brilliant stuff with gameplay mods. In the end though its been impossible to knock out all of the scripting as its so deeply embedded in the game.

Last edited by terrycurran62; 03-26-2018 at 06:04 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:47 AM   #8
Pro

Acceleration works for this task, but it affects stamina. If you decrease CPU's acceleration, their players will get less fatigued than yours. They still seem to be subbed at a normal rate, so if you don't care, go for it. But I prefer to mess with sprint speed instead, it also works very well. Pass error is another option, but it's far more subtle (1-point difference won't make it).

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »